mawilson

Poisonous spiders invade Britain

50 posts in this topic

I had real trouble finding a a good hairdresser here, but met a girl at a party and she's great!

She just charges the cost of the dyes, highlights cost me $19.

LisaD I think your hair blonde makes you look brazilian.

Back to topic - huge arachnaphobe here. Usually found running for the bathroom when I've seen a spider. I can't go near them or even look at them. Once went to view a flat to buy, they had a tarantula in the hallway in a tank... i've never ran out of a door so fast. I can't even walk past them at the zoo. So far I haven't seen too many here, the cat usually gets to them first and the dog eats them when the cat's finished playing with them :lol:

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh that's nothing, give it a few years of global warming and they'll all be as big as houses :D

Marching through London: *boom...tremble....BOOM..tremmmble...* Everyone will run away into the buildings and skyscrapers, while the giant arachnids pick international executives off the roofs of the office blocks while they conduct outdoor lunch meetings or play golf...yum yum...Donald Trump's hair...

:D *runs away*

england3.gif

3/29/06 - AOS Approved!

3/3/08 - Check cashed for ROC at CSC...

Feb 2009 - Called USCIS to see what the heck was goin' on...

FEB 20th 2009 - Received email - GC on the way!

I am APPROVED for the 10 year PR Card!

367532.png

356980.png

MyBum.jpg

Sounds like a movie i watched lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: Timeline
i am certain great britian has allot of posionous insects and this article was on..one new one

Actually it doesn't really. People can have allergic reactions to ants, wasps, and bees...but the UK isn't known for having poisonous flora and fauna. There's only one poisonous snake in the whole country...the adder...and adder bites aren't very serious, relatively speaking. I can't think of a single poisonous spider in the UK aside from this one.

I dropped a vacuum on a cockroach once. That was in between my running up and down the hallway frantically looking for something heavy to drop on it's twitchy little head. I can happily confirm that a vacuum really does do the trick.

I hate spiders. I used to put them all outside back in the UK as they actually do the environment some good (eat all the little annoying aphids etc). But since moving to the USA I am scared if I let it go it will be a poisonous one that will eat my face whilst I am sleeping.

So, splat.

You could probably pick up a field guide to arthropods or insects/spiders at a bookstore so you can identify those native to your area. Most likely very few of them are actually poisonous.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Timeline
I could tell the story of how a cockroach caused me to upend my old 75lb 22" CRT monitor giving me a big bruise and breaking my monitor. It would take way to long to type out though. In the end, the roach died. Lysol + grill lighter. They smell like burning hair. :devil:

In TX we used to capture them and drown them in a glass of coke, or put them in the microwave. Pop!

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth