48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

I have a theory on processing times. Younger couples go through quicker. They have less history that has to be checked. A couple at 20 that has no divorces, police records, no children, should be processed pretty quick. 

On the other hand an older couple at age 40 with divorce, children, police records (not me), now has to prove they are divorced, their past activities examined by USCIS. Longer processing time. 

Anyone have info on whether younger people get processed quicker? 

Are you serious? I am pretty sure age does not matter. If it did I will think the opposite that older couple will be process faster as they establish themselves pretty much while a younger person might still be deciding on stuff, changing jobs moving around

however  there are some countries that are process faster then others

there are young people that has divorce just like older people

young people with children

police records

Edited by j&ana

ROC
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-20
I-130 Sent : 2014-10-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-10-09
I-130 RFE for NSO copy of marriage certificate: 2014-11-03
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-11-18
I-130 Approved : 2014-12-07
NVC Received : 2014-12-23
NVC case number: 2015-02-04
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-02-04
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-02-05
Submit DS-261 : 2015-02-05
Sent AOS Package : 2015-02-09
Sent IV Package : 2015-02-09
Scan date : 2015-02-10
Receive IV Bill : 2015-03-03
Pay IV Bill : 2015-03-06
Submit DS-260: 2015-3-12
Case Completed at NVC : 2015-03-20
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter: 2015-3-27
Medical complete: 2015-04-08
Interview Date : 2015-05-08
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2015-05-13

Date of US Entry : 2015-06-09

Date of Social Security card receive : 06-2015

Date of Green Card received 07-2015

Date of ROC FILE 05-19-2017

I-751 NOA Date 05-26-2017

http://jerryjja.wix.com/filipinasaswa?_ga=1.194674661.91538870.1441656248

Haha

All of the above.

As they say... every case is differnt. 

But they will always just be theories. 

As No one knows for sure. And uscis will never say exactly what or how they will do.

Timeline

Hmm. Yes I am aware that there are young people with divorce and police records. I was stating that 'generally' younger people do not have divorce yet in their past. I am pretty sure that taken demographically 20 year olds will have less divorces in their past than 40 year olds.

If a person has a divorce in their past then they need to submit paperwork that proves the divorce is final. 

Hence.. more time spent by USCIS examining this case. 

Timeline

Let me state this in a different manner. 

The less USCIS has to examine, the quicker they can approve the case right? 

The older one is the more likely you are to have actions that increase the thickness of your case. Does that make better sense? 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, SvetikP said:

The older one is the more likely you are to have actions that increase the thickness of your case. Does that make better sense? 

As long as they are not separating and sending them after separation to the background checks which is done by other departments too (which would mean discrimination) nope it doesn’t make much sense.

it may stay in those background departments longer(maybe but again as the number order does not come with age this won’t make sense) I have no criminal anything what so ever with a unique name so I believe it is more about this. And it can only happen once my number comes and I go in the system for the checks if it doesn’t go in then it won’t come out to go to uscis.

Timeline

Naes, I am not proposing USCIS is separating anyone by age or thickness of case. 

You are telling me that it does not make sense that someone at 40 is more likely to have a divorce, etc than someone at 20?

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SvetikP said:

Naes, I am not proposing USCIS is separating anyone by age or thickness of case. 

You are telling me that it does not make sense that someone at 40 is more likely to have a divorce, etc than someone at 20?

If a 40 year old of the same date and a 20 year old of the same date just go into a background checking system in the order of 40 year old going and then 20 year old  going in, big have no records or anything. 40 year old will come out first. As it went first. It is just a name based security check. A John smith of 20 years old and a unicorn (I just was not able to think a unique name at the moment) of 40 year old with similar backgrounds on security level won’t have the same hit. 

Then, and only after then, they reach the adjudicators seat with the same order and again most likely in the same bulk if they came out together too. 

Now how a database works is not by age but by matching systems. As I am not sure what type of database is used, however if we assume both have one dui or nothing. Their hit rate will be same because a database of name check won’t look a case in order of ears and days spent but to match that name to the names in the database itself.

then about the thickness of the folder (is it the evidences or the background of theirs I am not sure which you meant) 

I know thick folders getting less than average and thin ones taking longer...

i used to think simple cases were easier... not anymore due to experiences. Because after it reaches to the desk of an adjudicator it will be all based on which type of file they will pick up that day. And if they hate to see a couple due to a break up the day before so they’ll avoid touching a happy lovey dovey k1 case. 

So what you say based on a 40 year old is more likely to get a divorce is what we call a mistake in correlation. There’s a big analogy about this as a graph in new York states that there’s a correlation in ice cream sales going higher with rape crimes going higher during summer. Ice cream sales didn’t affect the rape cases, but both of them have one thing in common that could be think of is that it’s summer and it’s hot and maybe rapers are more likely to do it when they see hot ladies in mini skirts.

so if a case has a divorce. Maybe it may affect the wait in order to check the single status again. But that’s not about the age that’s about the status.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
8 minutes ago, SvetikP said:

Yeah....pretty sure that's not the case either....I'm a 46 year old woman, never married before, worked for the State of Arkansas  (had a gazillion background checks), own my own business that deals with children  (also a gazillion background checks). My husband was a teacher, never married, he also was a recipient of two visas to Europe (lots of background checks on his side) before I filed for the k1....

It took approximately 6 months between my NOA1 and NOA2. 

I realize that the wait is excruciating and will make you question every single moment of your life (and you feel like you are under a microscope). 

But the NOA2 will come...and it is an AMAZING feeling. Just hang in there.....

Timeline

@Janet3, ok thats some good information. What I was looking for. You and husband were not previously married. You waited 6 months 

I have an app that tracks approvals. Cases that were approved in 4 months were all young couples. Which is what caused me to think of this idea. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, SvetikP said:

@Janet3, ok thats some good information. What I was looking for. You and husband were not previously married. You waited 6 months 

I have an app that tracks approvals. Cases that were approved in 4 months were all young couples. Which is what caused me to think of this idea. 

Who got approved in 4 months? You mean the November 16 randomness? Cause the only things they really shared was that their received date was November 16.

I understand what you said. But as I said that has nothing to do with age “more likely” is not a statistical status having more background may be. But this does not have a definite correlation with age. When comparing two sets depending on age, yes if someone lived longer may have more occurances in life but if you’re putting one more variable to this as “getting approved” that just does not correlate with age. It may with having more things to check.

we are a young couple with no background no marriages nothing to even hit on a name basis, yet I am well behind the timelines for cases of my date. 

Timeline

@naes, lol yes the November 16th randomness.

Interesting stats. Thank you for sharing. We are an older couple. One divorced, other widowed.

I appreciate your input. Very interesting.

Don't take this topic too seriously. Its just a theory. I was only looking for input on experiences from others. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SvetikP said:

@naes, lol yes the November 16th randomness.

Interesting stats. Thank you for sharing. We are an older couple. One divorced, other widowed.

I appreciate your input. Very interesting.

Don't take this topic too seriously. Its just a theory. I was only looking for input on experiences from others. 

I’m not taking it seriously :) I love theories. I gave a theoretical insight it doesn’t mean I’m debating in a defensive way, I just like debating.

I am just explaining how one variable can just not be used as an explanation topic, but the rest is correct I think if the person has more occurances and events in life it may take more time or may not. Cause I’ve seen also divorced couples getting it with no hitch. I don’t think your age or being divorced etc. will have an effect on waiting extra 2 months. unless you get an rfe for clarification of documents etc. 

Timeline

@Naes, my heart goes out to you. It's unfortunate to have to wait longer than others for no apparent reason. 

How long have you been waiting?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.