<3T&M<3

PROCessing time speeding up?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys...I just looked at my timeline projected NOA2 date and it's 2 or 3 wks sooner now than last month.

Ia this a common occurrence or is it cause for happiness :)

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have high aspirations but low expectations then you won't be disappointed when it goes past that date

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Have high aspirations but low expectations then you won't be disappointed when it goes past that date

That's a given :) Thanks, though!

Anyone else know the flow of things... been around a while ... does this happen and then time reverts backwards or is it a good indication of actual speed :D

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Anyone else know the flow of things... been around a while ... does this happen and then time reverts backwards or is it a good indication of actual speed :D

I have been here since 2006 where I-129F was taking 90 days when I filed and mine was 148 days to approval because in that short period of time things slowed that much.  The processing times really do flex quite a bit.  The USCIS is probably preparing for the H1B crunch, which will likely slow things down again going into summer and once past that then they will get back to normal (whatever the 2018 version of normal is)

YMMV

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
45 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Yes it got a little better in average since the past two months. Your vj timeline going back is also an indication of that as it will use the data for averages. 

However important part is not all cases gets touched at the same time, so a case of your same date can get it 10 days before your timeline shows and your case may happen a month later. 

Overall the average is getting faster but it only applies to a general possibility of adjudication.

Timeline
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

The USCIS is probably preparing for the H1B crunch, which will likely slow things down again going into summer

Hmm.... So why does the H1B crunch effect our cases if they are in different departments? Or do H1Bs go through California, too?

And why is there a crunch? Is it for seasonal work in summer?

lol... sorry, I need immigrating for dummies book!

If it slows back down, our timelines will show this adjustment?

Married Dec 10th, 2018

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Hmm.... So why does the H1B crunch effect our cases if they are in different departments? Or do H1Bs go through California, too?

And why is there a crunch? Is it for seasonal work in summer?

lol... sorry, I need immigrating for dummies book!

If it slows back down, our timelines will show this adjustment?

California goes through a lot of different petitions, k1 is one of the smallest. 

Not just h1b also extreme increase in n400 naturalization cases is affecting too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.