bebekins

Biometric Appointment question.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

We received a letter in the mail detailing that our I-751 package had been received and the check cashed. This was on January 22nd 2018. We have yet to receive a date for the biometrics appointment. I had been reading that they usually send out that appointment letter 3-4 weeks after the first NOA (January 22nd 2018). It is now almost April 2018, is this something to be concerned about or completely normal? I just would like to have some peace of mind because I don't want to think that letter got lost in the mail somewhere! Heh. Thanks for reading and hope to hear some responses soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

You should be getting it SOON, if not start calling USCIS to make sure you did not miss the letter. Just in case it was not delivered to the right address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Indeed, I am no too worried in general.. just want to make sure my letter didn't get lost in the mail. Everything up to this point has been smooth and drama-free. Mine was also sent to the California Service Center. Sorry if there's a post I might have missed on this subject, if at all possible could someone direct me to the area I should be looking. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, bebekins said:

We received a letter in the mail detailing that our I-751 package had been received and the check cashed. This was on January 22nd 2018. We have yet to receive a date for the biometrics appointment. I had been reading that they usually send out that appointment letter 3-4 weeks after the first NOA (January 22nd 2018). It is now almost April 2018, is this something to be concerned about or completely normal? I just would like to have some peace of mind because I don't want to think that letter got lost in the mail somewhere! Heh. Thanks for reading and hope to hear some responses soon!

They do NOT send out biometrics in 3 to 4 weeks.  They schedule biometrics 3 - 4 weeks out.  If your local ASC is busy with a long line of applicants in front of you, then it will be longer than maybe what others experienced

YMMV

3 hours ago, bebekins said:

Most folks whose January 2018 applications are handled by the California Service Center have not received biometrics appointments. USCIS has reported delays and advised they may be able to reuse previous biometrics.

Bebekins if you go look at the February 2018 filers thread you see @Starsky posted a board with all The California Service Center filers starting February 1st, till now and none of the CSC filers have received theirs Biometric letter yet. 

So maybe the CSC is backed up and since you filed at the end of January so I assume you will get it soon :) 

15 minutes ago, FrenchKat said:

Bebekins if you go look at the February 2018 filers thread you see @Starsky posted a board with all The California Service Center filers starting February 1st, till now and none of the CSC filers have received theirs Biometric letter yet. 

So maybe the CSC is backed up and since you filed at the end of January so I assume you will get it soon :) 

Yup ....I am December 2017 filers (CSC) and Have not received my biometrics appointment yet.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.