navj1699

NVC Response To Expedicious Processing

67 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello, Good People!

Our CR1 case was received by NVC on 23rd Feb 2018, Since then we haven't received any notification. So I called them to know what's going on. Lady told me wait up to 8 weeks. Being sick and tired of depression off staying away from my husband, Asked them can I get this expedited. She told me I can, So I did.

Here's the response;

"

Thank you for your patience. We sent your request to the U.S. Consulate in India. However, they cannot expedite this case. To be fair to all applicants, the Department of State schedules immigrant visa interviews in the order that the cases complete processing at the NVC.

Once your case is created and ready for process, we will work with you. After we receive the required fees and review the documents, we will schedule a visa interview appointment.

"

Now I know they didn't consider our case is bad enough to be expedited. But here's I can't figure out.

Question  : They didn't mention a case number for NVC.  But they're saying they've sent our case to India. What does that mean  ? 

Are they processing our case skipping things they usually do (my understanding is that they ask for taxes for three years to verify I make enough to support my husband in United States. There's a minimum income requirement that guarantees that my husband isn't going to be a public charge. And they also ask for police verification of my husband. There's a processing fee that they take is about 450 or some and once all this is appropriate they send the case to the embassy of the beneficiary's country to make them go through medical exam, biometrics and last is the interview). I may be wrong. Correct me please.

Back to the response, Did they skip all that and sent the case to embassy in India and he has to show all those docs and pay the fee on the interview day  ??

We're so screwed by the unnecessary delay by the govt rules. 

I understand govt want to verify major things that if we're in a real relation or not and if he's a bad guy or no. Do it please it keeps America and Americans safe but don't make real people suffer so much that they are so much hurt to not be able to recover from!!!! 

Peace to the world and humanity which isn't considered anymore.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Your expedite requesdt was denied......sorry, but you will have to wait.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, navj1699 said:

We're so screwed by the unnecessary delay by the govt rules.

What RULES do you think are unnecessary?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JFH said:

They didn't send your case to the embassy in India. What they sent was your request for an expedite. The embassy decides whether or not a case can be expedited. So the NVC asked the embassy but the embassy, as expected, said no. Being upset about being apart from your spouse is not a reason for expedite. If it were, we would all be expedited! 

They have not generated your NVC number yet. The reply is very clear. It says that once you've got your case number and been through all the necessary steps you'll be in line for an interview. That's the normal way and no different from anyone else. 

I don't understand what you mean by being "screwed by delays due to government rules". We all go through or went through the same process. We all went through or are going through separation from our spouses. What makes you think you should be treated any differently? 

Thank you for response,

First of all, "Being upset about staying away from my husband" Wasn't the reason for request!! 

Second, I'd have pretty messed up reasons for which I asked for expedite, Which I do not want to share, Much respect to all who try to help others here, I didn't wanna share coz some ignorant will judge without knowing all and deviate from the real question!!

My only question was to know what theyre trying to say in that response.

Thanks though.

Peace.

Timeline
Just now, missileman said:

What RULES do you think are unnecessary?

I do not want to start an argument. That's my opinion and I stand by, With logical reasons but i am too stressed to spend time explaining them all. 

Thanks for response.

Peace.

Timeline
1 minute ago, navj1699 said:

I do not want to start an argument. That's my opinion and I stand by, With logical reasons but i am too stressed to spend time explaining them all. 

Thanks for response.

Peace.

I don't know of any unnecessary rules......the process is slow due the number of applicant to immigrate, but I think the rules are pretty rwasonable.

Timeline
Just now, missileman said:

I don't know of any unnecessary rules......the process is slow due the number of applicant to immigrate, but I think the rules are pretty rwasonable.

Yes, That's your opinion. And I don't question why.

Thanks.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

Can I reach out to a senator ? 

I helped someone through campaigning, They might write a letter for us.

If they do, Is there any chance NVC might accept expedite ? 

Since we don't know the reasons you are requesting expedite, we cannot answer that question...

Timeline
1 minute ago, JFH said:

As you will see, that was the reason you gave us. You didn't need to say anything except "I requested an expedite for specific reasons and this is the response I got". But you chose to mention that it was due to being upset about being apart. The answer you get here will be based on the information you give. We can't read your mind. 

You also chose to state that you have been delayed due to government rules and when someone commented on this you snapped at him. Why mention it in a public forum if you don't want to discuss it or for anyone to comment on it? 

I answered you in post 2 as to what the letter is saying. Your request to expedite has been denied. Follow the normal procedure and once all the normal steps have been completed they will set up your interview. 

No one has to judge upon their opinions, I respect every response, So i am thankful to all. 

I've mentioned everything to help advisors understand the whole picture of timeline. Not to deviate thats why i've suggested where the question starts.

I did not want to share the reason for expedite in public for a reason, Which is evident here. Though it was my choice and responses are your opinion.

Thank you for your responding.

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, navj1699 said:

Can I reach out to a senator ? 

I helped someone through campaigning, They might write a letter for us.

If they do, Is there any chance NVC might accept expedite ? 

To restate what another poster has said, NVC does not make a decision about whether a case is okayed to expedite or not.  Any request is sent to the embassy/consulate that will be processing the case for a decision.  It is unlikely that a letter from a senator will change that decision, although it's hard to tell without more information on your case.  Whether a case is expedited or not is based on some pretty specific criteria....how you present your case in light of those criteria is critical.

Edited by jan22

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Duplicate thread removed; do not start multiple threads with identical content.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.