mooseh

I was refused visa on section 212(a)(4)

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

My wife is us citizen and she filed for immigrant visa for me.it was approved by nvc and the uscis without asking for any additional documents.they accepted all the documents our lawyer sent to them.my interview was scheduled and went to interview at us embassy in ghana.i was denied a visa on section 212(a)(4) which was very strange to believe because my wife filed affidavit of support and her income was above the income guideline for 2 people her and me because we don't have kids now. The co just asked me few questions and I answers them and she gave me a paper saying I will be a public charge.qe contact the Embassy again and talked to them on phone and emails and they told us to submit my passport and other additional financial documents concerning my wife.we did that and now the Embassy saying our case is under review.they are not saying anything again to us since Feb and now we are frastratured  because on the Visa application status it shows refused and  when we notify the Embassy they said they don't know why it shows that because now our case is under review.

Please after the interview the co did not tell me anything whether additional documents needed or not.i need advise what we should do now. Up to now they have not let us know when the review is going to be complete and they did not point out what documents they needed again.this is very sad what families are going through.this have effect my wife and me our health.

Edited by mooseh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

~Moved to IR-1/CR-1 Spouse Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports~

Read here : https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/public-charge

Obviously don't know your case details or any specifics, but under "How to determine whether someone will become a public charge" tab, it lists several different things they consider and look at. It isn't necessarily solely on someones annual income.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ben&Zian said:

Read here : https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/public-charge

Obviously don't know your case details or any specifics, but under "How to determine whether someone will become a public charge" tab, it lists several different things they consider and look at. It isn't necessarily solely on someones annual income.

Ben&zian yes I know there are a Lot of factors considered to be charge someone with public charge grounds.the embassy started that mine was my wife finance my family ties  and my skills  according to email to my wife congressperson.i work and have skills and it was listed on my Visa application forms.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

this is a guess

AP can mean anything 

if she is of child bearing age and someday will be off work for pregnacy,  they need to make sure you are at least qualified to support a  family during this time and not be a public charge / they could ask for a cosponsor

funny is says refused as usually a slip is given saying under AP for possible review or needed documents and denied not refused

if totally refused, it will be returned to USCIS office and you will hear in about 6 months 

NOIR is notice of intent to refuse and your USC will be given a timeframe to respond with proof that they are mistaken about circumstances

NOID   is notice of intent to deny and USC spouse can either pay fee and appeal (takes about 6 months) or reapply and prove at next interview that the issues do not true or have changed

Ghana is a hard embassy and deny most applicaitons 

read the portal for your country and read embassy reviews and take advice from others in Ghana

Timeline
Just now, mooseh said:

Ben&zian yes I know there are a Lot of factors considered to be charge someone with public charge grounds.the embassy started that mine was my wife finance my family ties  and my skills  according to email to my wife congressperson.i work and have skills and it was listed on my Visa application forms.

I have asset and I have been working since 2008 and have banks account.the embassy cannot determine me as public charge. The embassy said the console feel my wife cannot be responsible for me financially 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mooseh said:

Again, no one knows all the specifics of your case. Each case is unique. Ghana itself is a tough embassy. Fiance visa, or spousal visa, they are evaluate everything heavily. Sometimes the "reason" of denial isn't necessarily the actual reason, more of a smoke screen for them not believing your relationship is legitimate. Whether again this is the case obviously no one can say; but if the embassy says it is under review, then all you can do is wait. If you have to then again use the congressman to nudge the embassy again. 

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, mooseh said:

I have asset and I have been working since 2008 and have banks account.the embassy cannot determine me as public charge. The embassy said the console feel my wife cannot be responsible for me financially 

Were there other red flags in your case?  age difference? different religion?  How long has your wife lived in Ghana?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, kris&me said:

this is a guess

AP can mean anything 

if she is of child bearing age and someday will be off work for pregnacy,  they need to make sure you are at least qualified to support a  family during this time and not be a public charge / they could ask for a cosponsor

funny is says refused as usually a slip is given saying under AP for possible review or needed documents and denied not refused

if totally refused, it will be returned to USCIS office and you will hear in about 6 months 

NOIR is notice of intent to refuse and your USC will be given a timeframe to respond with proof that they are mistaken about circumstances

NOID   is notice of intent to deny and USC spouse can either pay fee and appeal (takes about 6 months) or reapply and prove at next interview that the issues do not true or have changed

Ghana is a hard embassy and deny most applicaitons 

read the portal for your country and read embassy reviews and take advice from others in Ghana

Kris&me it says REFUSED but now they demanded my passport and additionally financial documents from my wife which we have submitted to the Embassy through DHL and now they embassy says our case is in sure to be review by office. I think the case is still in Ghana. I work here and will work when I go home to my wife.the embassy have all our finances which is good shape but they still say I will be public charge. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

Again, no one knows all the specifics of your case. Each case is unique. Ghana itself is a tough embassy. Fiance visa, or spousal visa, they are evaluate everything heavily. Sometimes the "reason" of denial isn't necessarily the actual reason, more of a smoke screen for them not believing your relationship is legitimate. Whether again this is the case obviously no one can say; but if the embassy says it is under review, then all you can do is wait. If you have to then again use the congressman to nudge the embassy again. 

No the Embassy have no right to determine that our married was not legitime because they know it true because we have been living together. My wife have been in ghana twice .we they did not say anything about our marriage. 

Timeline

Where does it say refused?   if this is on CEAC site , they are poor to post 

some say ready for interview long after the person has the visa and is in the US

Timeline
Just now, kris&me said:

Where does it say refused?   if this is on CEAC site , they are poor to post 

some say ready for interview long after the person has the visa and is in the US

Yes CEAC website after they sent us emails and on phone calls that our case is under review.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mooseh said:

No the Embassy have no right to determine that our married was not legitime because they know it true because we have been living together. My wife have been in ghana twice .we they did not say anything about our marriage. 

you have answered your own quesiton here

your wife is in Ghana and there she probalby can not be making the 125% poverty income level $20,575 needed for supporting the case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mooseh said:

Wrong.  Ghana is considered a high fraud country.  Therefore you will receive a lot of scruiny....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
Just now, kris&me said:

you have answered your own quesiton here

your wife is in Ghana and there she probalby can not be making the 125% poverty income level $20,575 needed for supporting the case

No my wife is living in us but she have been visiting me twice in ghana.she make $31,000 .she is currently in us a now.she works at the one of the big bank in usa.i think what the Embassy is doing is not fair

Timeline

That is the embassy's job. They are the determining factor of who is allowed a visa. That is what they are trained for, to look for fraud, lack of ability to support, ect.

Do they make mistakes? Sure everyone does. Does the outcome always seem fair? No of course not; but nothing is guaranteed with immigration.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.