John951

My K-1 Filing / checklist

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

e-notification form - check

cover sheet - check

i-129f form - check

photos of us in Thailand tourist spots ( Grand Palace and Fantasea ), however, they do not have time stamps on photos, but this is the only time I've been to Thailand and my passport stamps can verify that. - check

itineraries of 4 different flights we took together in Thailand, I did not have the foresight to keep the actual boarding passes - check

copies of every page from my passport that has been valid since 2011 - check

letter of intent to marry from her and me signed - check

passport style photo of her and me - check

check to uscis for 535$ - check

Does the wisdom of the forum see anything I am missing or see any problems?

Looks pretty good. If either of you have been divorced or had an annulment, don't forget the court decree. Also, if you have/had any criminal records or charges or arrests, definitely include the documentation. 

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

Looks pretty good. If either of you have been divorced or had an annulment, don't forget the court decree. Also, if you have/had any criminal records or charges or arrests, definitely include the documentation. 

Both good on that point.... I'm also returning to Thailand at the end of April and October to spend time with her and vacation so I'll have a few more items for proof of ongoing relationship.

Timeline

So far looks good. I see the State Department implemented the G325 into the i-129F and of course increased the fee.  This is entirely up to you and your fiance, but how about a simple fiance ceremony with family on your next visit? or just photos with your fiance family should be suffice enough.  Good luck with your journey and be patience. B-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, LydiaP said:

I've seen quite a bit of warning against any sort of ceremony for the K1 visa. Just a cautionary note there.

Also make sure you include your long form birth certificate or a full scan of your passport (front cover and back cover and all) to prove your citizenship. I got an RFE for this.

When did you submit your petition because they have removed the "all pages" of your passport from the instructions for the I-129F

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

June 2017. I just got the RFE asking for the entire passport (i had submitted all but the front and back) or my long form birth certificate (i had submitted my short form - which is the only one I had).

Timeline
8 minutes ago, LydiaP said:

I've seen quite a bit of warning against any sort of ceremony for the K1 visa. Just a cautionary note there.

Also make sure you include your long form birth certificate or a full scan of your passport (front cover and back cover and all) to prove your citizenship. I got an RFE for this.

I'm just sending a copy of my passport

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

When did you submit your petition because they have removed the "all pages" of your passport from the instructions for the I-129F

I'm sending all pages except back outside cover, I didn't read anywhere stating only the page with my photo and info was needed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LydiaP said:

June 2017. I just got the RFE asking for the entire passport (i had submitted all but the front and back) or my long form birth certificate (i had submitted my short form - which is the only one I had).

The requirements for the "all pages" changed with the new form of the I-129F.  Your petition was still the previous form.

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

The requirements for the "all pages" changed with the new form of the I-129F.  Your petition was still the previous form.

I just downloaded the form a week ago.

The instructions state: "E. A copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card issued with a validity period of at least five years"

It says nothing about all pages or just the main page with photo and personal info.

Did the old form state all pages of a passport ?

Either way what is USCIS going to do ? Probably just throw away the rest of the unnecessary pages, correct ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
1 minute ago, John951 said:

The instructions state: "E. A copy of your valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card issued with a validity period of at least five years"

It says nothing about all pages or just the main page with photo and personal info.

Either way what is USCIS going to do ? Probably just throw away the rest of the unnecessary pages, correct ?

I sent in all pages with the old form and still got an RFE. So this time I just sent in everything. I defer to others on the new form.

Timeline
1 minute ago, John951 said:

The old instructions specifically said "all", you are not harmed by sending them more than required

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
14 hours ago, John951 said:

Both good on that point.... I'm also returning to Thailand at the end of April and October to spend time with her and vacation so I'll have a few more items for proof of ongoing relationship.

If you purchased your ticket for the April trip already you could include proof of that planned trip too. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
11 hours ago, John951 said:

Often the other pages are to prove where you HAVEN'T travelled. You havent spent time in Syria, Iran, North Korea, etc. 

I agree  - it seems ridiculous. But that's why some people mail in all blank pages. 

11 hours ago, John951 said:

The main reason for all pages is to tie the passport to any stamped pages within it that may prove you were in country.  Just the bio page and separate stamped page(s) can be from different passports.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.