Enigma11561

For Admin. Hacking of account.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I am receiving emails from Twitter that my account "enigma 11561" is having unusual activity.

This is my user name for this site and is only used for this site.

I DO NOT HAVE an account with Twitter in ANY name whatsoever. I do not use Twitter.

Someone here, most likely, set up a Twitter account using my user name and email address.

I have submitted a complaint to Twitter over this. If you can check anything regarding this problem it would be appreciated.

Than you.

Have you posted your email address or is it easy to guess based on your username?  Regular forum users do not have access to your email address. Fake twitter emails are all over the place; usually they are phishing scams. To have one linked to your own email address with your site username is a bit unusual. I would suggest that while you wait for an admin response that you at least check your computer for malware (if you have not already done so).

I get fake emails from facebook all the time using my email name but I don't have facebook. The emails are obvious attempts at phishing. The link does not lead to facebook. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

HI there.  Quite strange.  This is not on our end but I would set up 2 factor authentication on your email accounts (gmail, etc.). Reset your passwords.

Yahoo here (two factor):

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN5013.html

Google 2 factor:

https://www.google.com/landing/2step/

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.