Jacque67

Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach

170 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

I think the affair with Stormy started 4 months after Barron was born, but yeah for the rest.

When have we ever had a presidential candidate that wasn’t in some ways corrupt.  2016 was even worse with both candidates being exceedingly corrupt.  Lessor of two evils.

As to the OP, is this saying that everyone are just FB sheep now?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The algorithm which harvested 50M votes was created by a professor at St Petersburg university. Aleksandr Kogan, the former Dr Spectre. Interesting he used personality tests to gain information. Respect!

The Lukoil connection is interesting.

After Wylie's "confession " Parscale and Jared must be sweating it. And Bannon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

It would be interesting to see the ads CA ran and compare with the Kremlin narrative.

re brexit:Andy Wigmore and Aaron Banks used CA to win Brexit. Also mentioned Trump....

Definitely, There were other countries impacted. CA experimented with smaller countries with lax privacy laws before rolling out the bigger initiatives.

I know we are fixed on Russia, but the larger question of how to defend against this  type of manipulation is a real challenge.

This goes far beyond idealogies or nations.  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Definitely, There were other countries impacted. CA experimented with smaller countries with lax privacy laws before rolling out the bigger initiatives.

I know we are fixed on Russia, but the larger question of how to defend against this  type of manipulation is a real challenge.

It's interesting territory.

Marshall McLuhan 

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Easy, don’t be a sheep to FB or social media.

Timeline

https://www.ft.com/content/7ed1572c-2aa4-11e8-a34a-7e7563b0b0f4

CA scrambles to pull Channel 4 expose . Undercover report in which Alexander Nix is secretly filmed talking to reporters as prospective clients.

perhaps this is what Jr. meant when he said no more Channel #######? People need2chil

Timeline

Interesting, whenever Project Veritas comes out with a video we are told it is unreliable, or biased, or whatever.  

Timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Pressure grows on Facebook over data scandal

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg walks with trees behind him

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Photo: Drew Angerer / Getty Images

Pressure grows on Facebook over data scandal

https://www.axios.com/facebook-investigation-data-cambridge-analytica-1521404377-77adc478-91a4-4867-8c1b-42eb1d4cd80b.html?source=sidebar

The number of calls for investigations into Trump-linked Cambridge Analytica's illicit gathering of Facebook data grew on Sunday.

What they're saying: There are concerns over Cambridge Analytica, which did work for the Trump campaign, gathering the data on millions of Facebook users. And there are also worries that the social platform didn't handle the incident properly, prompting lawmakers to raise their voices over the past few days on both sides of the pond.

Show less

Here at home:

• A growing group of Congressional Democrats want an investigation. Sen. Ed Markey said that the firms should "be made to testify before the Senate Commerce Committee so that we can get to the bottom of these disturbing reports" and Sen. Amy Klobuchar said that "Mark Zuckerberg needs to testify before Senate Judiciary."
  • Congress' Republican majority has been quieter. But a spokesperson for the House Energy and Commerce Committee said that the panel is "is examining this incident closely." A spokesperson for the Senate Commerce Committee declined to comment on the matter.
  • The Washington Post talked to former Federal Trade Commission officials who said Facebook's actions may have violated an agreement the company had with the agency to make certain privacy guarantees to users. Such a violation could trigger a fine. Facebook told the paper it hadn't violated the agreement.
  • At the state level, Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced an investigation into the data gathering.

Across the Atlantic:

• British MP Damian Collins, who chairs the U.K. Parliament's Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee, said that it seemed Cambridge Analytica chief executive Alexander Nix "has deliberately mislead the Committee and Parliament by giving false statements." He also said Zuckerberg or another Facebook executive should testify before the committee about the issue.
  • The British Information Commissioner, Elizabeth Denham, said that her office was "investigating the circumstances in which Facebook data may have been illegally acquired and used."
  • European Commissioner Věra Jourová, whose portfolio includes data protection issues, welcomed the British probe. "Horrifying, if confirmed," she tweeted. "Personal data of 50 mln #Facebook users could be so easily mishandled & used for political purpose. We don't want this in the EU." She promised to seek more information from the social giant during a trip to the United States this week.

The other side: “We are in the process of conducting a comprehensive internal and external review as we work to determine the accuracy of the claims that the Facebook data in question still exists," said Facebook Deputy General Counsel Paul Grewal in a Sunday statement. "That is where our focus lies as we remain committed to vigorously enforcing our policies to protect people’s information."

What's next: On Monday, Britain's Channel 4 is planning to air footage obtained when its reporters went undercover to speak with Cambridge Analytica's Nix and others at the company. The Financial Times reported the data company was trying to stop the broadcast.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

Channel 4 says the programme will air at 19.00 GMT. Wonder if CA will get the injunction.

zuckerberg won't be running for president I suppose. Oh well, as long as FB sends out birthday congrats all's OK. People need2chil.