Muhammad369

J1 Visa Hardship Waiver 2018

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, Has anyone applied for Hardship Waiver in the last year and still waiting?

I applied in August 14 , 2017 with DOS and Aug 22, 2017 with USCIS. No changes has been made after i received the notice. Is anyone else waiting? ? ? I tried to make an E-enquiry but it cancelled and said that my case in under NORMAL TIMELINES. 

Is any one waited the same time ?

Thanks

Edited by Muhammad369

Timeline

Yes this was the only way to apply for, I have an asylum pending, so lawyer suggested there is no reason to apply for persecution. My scholarhsip had $40, 000 govt funding. There is no other way around except hardship waiver for my marriage

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

The whole process takes over a year, almost two years. 

I think USCIS takes at least 8 months to finish this first step you are waiting for.

Are you sure you had to go the hardship waiver route?

yes this was the only way to apply for, I have an asylum pending, so lawyer suggested there is no reason to apply for persecution. My scholarhsip had $40, 000 govt funding. There is no other way around except hardship waiver for my marriage

1 hour ago, Muhammad369 said:

yes this was the only way to apply for, I have an asylum pending, so lawyer suggested there is no reason to apply for persecution. My scholarhsip had $40, 000 govt funding. There is no other way around except hardship waiver for my marriage

OK.

It is going to take a long time. Look for hardship waiver timelines online on VJ. There are a few. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 2:52 PM, Muhammad369 said:

Hi, Has anyone applied for Hardship Waiver in the last year and still waiting?

I applied in August 14 , 2017 with DOS and Aug 22, 2017 with USCIS. No changes has been made after i received the notice. Is anyone else waiting? ? ? I tried to make an E-enquiry but it cancelled and said that my case in under NORMAL TIMELINES. 

Is any one waited the same time ?

Thanks

Yes, I applied 11/18 with almost the exact same case as yours only my government funding was less and it's still the same status since then, pending.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Stylish said:

Yes, I applied 11/18 with almost the exact same case as yours only my government funding was less and it's still the same status since then, pending.

Hi, please keep posted if you hear something regarding yoir case. Thanks 

4 minutes ago, Muhammad369 said:

Hi, please keep posted if you hear something regarding yoir case. Thanks 

Yeah, sure thing. Generally speaking hardship waivers are hard to get so we gotta keep our fingers crossed.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stylish said:

Yeah, sure thing. Generally speaking hardship waivers are hard to get so we gotta keep our fingers crossed.

Yes they are really hard to get ,,, But I have high hopes coz my case is strong . Did u hired a lawyer ?

Just now, Muhammad369 said:

Yes they are really hard to get ,,, But I have high hopes coz my case is strong . Did u hired a lawyer ?

Yeah, I did. I know this is a public site but I wish I could hear more about your "strong" case to compare it to mine. And did you say you applied for asylum too? cuz my lawyer said i couldn't do  both.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Stylish said:

Yeah, I did. I know this is a public site but I wish I could hear more about your "strong" case to compare it to mine. And did you say you applied for asylum too? cuz my lawyer said i couldn't do  both.

If you have a valid status then you are fine, i had a different issue . You can definitely do both . But again may be your case is different 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, is the new law that would take effect on August 9th will going to add extra weight on our burden. Ive been here since 2009 as J1 with USC husband and now 3 year old child. I chose the exceptional hardship route because my NOS got cancelled due to one missing original document that I cannot provide. 

11 hours ago, bayfinest said:

Hi everyone, is the new law that would take effect on August 9th will going to add extra weight on our burden. Ive been here since 2009 as J1 with USC husband and now 3 year old child. I chose the exceptional hardship route because my NOS got cancelled due to one missing original document that I cannot provide. 

When did you apply?

14 hours ago, bayfinest said:

What is your J1 for? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Stylish said:

When did you apply?

Hi, Im still in the process of completing my letters from USC family members.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.