dynesyzygy24

K1 filer in UAE after NVC

183 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline

Hey fellow K1 filers! 

Our case is currently ‘‘In Transit’’ to USEM Abu Dhabi... do we need to wait for the Embassy Letter before proceeding to Medical and Scheduling for the Interview? Or we can proceed?

Thanks in advance, hope someone can help me 

Applied for AOS/EAD/AP : August 7, 2018 (via USPS)

USCIS Chicago received the package: August 9, 2018

NOA1:

yes, wait for packet 3.

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Timeline
1 hour ago, doggieandsam said:

yes, wait for packet 3.

Hi @doggieandsam thank you. How long will it take to receive it? I've read somewhere that the petitioner will receive it? 

Also, how can I do follow up or ask for an update in regards to the packet 3 from the USEM? 

NOA1:

how long to receive it - this is the biggest question of all! they are unfortunately taking around 3 months to send it. some receive it a bit earlier, but the people i have spoken to in the last few months, received theirs in 3 months time. =(

yes, the petitioner will receive it.

no way to successfully follow up to be honest. all you can do is wait for the email to arrive. you can try calling or emailing the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi. i did both during my time, but i only got auto replies from both the phone line and their contact email.  

Passport 17-Feb-22 Drop-off at USPS (expedited processing and shipping) ~ 22-Feb-22 Status: In Process ~ 08-Mar-22 Passport book shipped ~ 09-Mar-22 Status: Approved. Passport book in hand.

N-400     28-Jun-21 Filed online ~ 28-Jun-21 Received NOA + "Biometrics will be re-used" notice ~ 14-Dec-21 Interview scheduled ~ 25-Jan-22 Interview. Approved. Case status: Oath will be scheduled.  ~ 01-Feb-22 Oath scheduled. ~ 14-Feb-22 Oath ceremony.   

ROC        11-Jun-20 Application sent via FedEx ~ 16-Jun-20 Case received ~ 29-Jun-20 (Old) biometrics applied to case ~ 01-Jul-20 NOA ~ 23-Dec-21 Case transferred to new office ~ 25-Jan-22 Combo interview with N400. Case approved. 

AOS        13-Oct -17 Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct-17 Case received ~ 24-Oct-17 Fingerprint fee received ~ 25-Oct-17 NOA1 ~ 17-Nov-17 Biometrics ~ 23-Nov-17 Status "We are scheduling
                 your 
interview" ~ 24-Jul-18 Status "We have scheduled your interview" ~ 28-Jul-18 Interview notice received in the mail  ~ 29-Aug-18 Interview 30-Aug-18 Status "Case was approved" 

04-Sep-18 Received approval / welcome letter in the mail ~04-Sep-18 Status: "Card was mailed to me" ~07-Sep-18 Green card received

EAD/AP  13-Oct Application sent via FedEx ~ 17-Oct Case received ~ 25-Oct NOA1 ~ 17-Nov Biometrics ~ 09-Jan Approved ~ 13-Jan Notice received ~ 18-Jan Combo card received

K1 Visa   28-Jun-17 Case ready (No packet 3 received) ~ 22-Jul Medical ~ 02-Aug Interview (APPROVED!) ~ 03-Aug Visa issued ~ 08-Aug VOH ~ 14-Sep POE (Abu Dhabi) ~ 01-Oct-17 Got married! 

I-129F     17-Feb-17 Petition sent via FedEx ~ 21-Feb-17 Case received ~ 24-Feb-17 NOA1 ~ 30-May-17 NOA2 12-Jun-17 NVC received / Case and Invoice numbers assigned ~ 20-Jun-17 NVC left

Yes, unfortunately we have to wait for another long days again for packet 3 before scheduling. As far as I know, I have a friend who recently got the packet 3 in 45 days after noa2. It was sent via email to the petitioner.  Hope this helps

Timeline
14 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

how long to receive it - this is the biggest question of all! they are unfortunately taking around 3 months to send it. some receive it a bit earlier, but the people i have spoken to in the last few months, received theirs in 3 months time. =(

yes, the petitioner will receive it.

no way to successfully follow up to be honest. all you can do is wait for the email to arrive. you can try calling or emailing the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi. i did both during my time, but i only got auto replies from both the phone line and their contact email.  

oh my I really hope that things with us will be different... and im really sorry to know that you waited that long.

my fiance received to emails from NVC - first... that they have send our case to USEM Abu Dhabi and the other one... says USEM Abu Dhabi have accepted our case to be expedited.. i just want to know if you receive the same?

what im planning to do is right after our case shows 'ready' will try to call and send them email. 

NOA1:

Timeline
13 hours ago, marchymarch said:

Yes, unfortunately we have to wait for another long days again for packet 3 before scheduling. As far as I know, I have a friend who recently got the packet 3 in 45 days after noa2. It was sent via email to the petitioner.  Hope this helps

yeah it does helps... thank you :) this just shows that it maybe or maybe not a really long and crucial long wait... 

besides, we are in the final stage *** trying to be optimistic here 

NOA1:

7 hours ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

my fiance received to emails from NVC - first... that they have send our case to USEM Abu Dhabi and the other one... says USEM Abu Dhabi have accepted our case to be expedited.. i just want to know if you receive the same?

we just received one letter, the one saying that our case has been sent to Abu Dhabi.

20 hours ago, marchymarch said:

I have a friend who recently got the packet 3 in 45 days after noa2. 

this is good news, maybe the are becoming faster again.

your 

Timeline

@doggieandsam did they ask for CENOMAR during the interview?

Our case still says 'In transit' :whistle:

NOA1:

7 hours ago, dynesyzygy24 said:

@doggieandsam did they ask for CENOMAR during the interview?

no they did not. i brought it through, just in case.

your 

Hi, Everyone 

We got our approval on 12 March 2018 the USCIS sent the petition to NVC. How long does it take NVC to receive? And what  is next thing ! One more thing in our I-129f processing country we put Dubai Consulate Office  instead of Abudhabi Embassy is there any problems with that , Because I don’t know where they’ll send the package Dubai or Abudhabi?

Can someone help to explanation in details 

Thanks, I wish all the best

Edited by Hafkass keyia

Timeline
13 hours ago, doggieandsam said:

no they did not. i brought it through, just in case.

yeah i do have mine as well... just concern on the validity as it is 7mos old now

do you think once our case says "Ready" we can book an appointment let's say after 1 month... will that be safe to wait for the Packet 3?

NOA1:

Timeline
10 hours ago, Hafkass keyia said:

Hi, Everyone 

We got our approval on 12 March 2018 the USCIS sent the petition to NVC. How long does it take NVC to receive? And what  is next thing ! One more thing in our I-129f processing country we put Dubai Consulate Office  instead of Abudhabi Embassy is there any problems with that , Because I don’t know where they’ll send the package Dubai or Abudhabi?

Can someone help to explanation in details 

Thanks, I wish all the best

Some say 2weeks but lately people here are saying 8weeks... you can always try to call NVC to ask for an update and I suggest call them after 6/7pm to avoid long que..

Dubai doesn't process k1.. only Abu Dhabi - once your case is in NVC they will give you case number that starts with ABD which stands for Abu Dhabi.. 

NOA1:

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hafkass keyia said:

Thank you so much ! Dynesyzygy

Can i contact NVC from here in UAE as beneficiary or my Petitioner only? If yes i can please i need their contact number that i can call from UAE. 

Both Beneficiary and Petitioner can call them.. you'll be ask some information such as WAC#, name and birthday. 

Yes you can call them from here in UAE **mind you about the international rate 

NVC # (603)-334-0700 press 1 for english then you can choose either number 5/7 - both can help you. Goodluck :)

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.