pep123

21 months of waiting for a I360

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi guys, I’m here with a sad update. After waiting for such a long time. My vawa application was denied and reasons were given and many things were taken out of context. My attorney will be filing an appeal.  My question is, has anyone ever went through this and how did you turn things around for yourself?  

Timeline

1. I have to explain the stages of my attraction and how I fell Inlove with my x husband. Between November 2014- marriage July 2015.  Okay I can explain the romance into detail no problem.  

2. I wrote a 10 page letter expressing why my husband and I couldn’t  share cards, insurance, bills etc... We were poor and he was bankrupt  earning $10/hr and wasted all the money he earned which eventually triggered the financial and verbal abuse and sabotage. Everywhere we went to get joint leases, medical, housing applications were denied. We couldn’t even afford to feed ourselves.  The marriage was only 8 weeks old when the abuse began. First two weeks after getting married.   We were still on honeymoon enjoying ourselves not worried about joint leases but later we did try to join accounts. But unfortunately  it just didn’t work out. The man was bankrupt. So our lives were not like a normal couples life. We were struggling. 

So this is were I feel like explanations given on my detailed affidavit were taken out of context. 

35D19D8D-BDA3-4CF9-A190-4C94A6D5ACC2.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, pep123 said:

I’m guessing this is a complicated case or maybe my writing makes no sense😢

What info did you give them in October when they sent rfe?

Timeline

June 2016 Application sent 

August 2016 Prima Facie Determination 

Waiting period till:

April 2017 RFE asking for pretty much everything, photos, letters, self affidavit and from family. Proof of marriage Was entered in good faith,  joint assets.

June 2017 RFE   Moral character supporting documents,  international criminal history. Letters not sufficient. 

July: 2017 RFEcriminal record rejected,  

FBI fingerprints were then submitted

August: RFE personal moral character letter again. I wrote a new one and sent it 

August: online update;  we have received all RFE we will work on your case again 

October 2017; RFE asking for everything again. This time we are confused including my attorneys. My attorney  then made a conclusion. Maybe they keep misplacing your information. So let’s send everything again. 

November2017. prima facie 

March 2018: application denied for the reasons listed on the letter. on a 10 page letter, over 50 photos.

I’m so confused. Cause of plenty of contradicting requests and my story taken out of context.  RFEs overlapping. 

Edited by pep123

Timeline
9 minutes ago, pep123 said:

June 2016 Application sent 

August 2016 Prima Facie Determination 

Waiting period till:

April 2017 RFE asking for pretty much everything, photos, letters, self affidavit and from family. Proof of marriage Was entered in good faith,  joint assets.

June 2017 RFE   Moral character supporting documents,  international criminal history. Letters not sufficient. 

July: 2017 RFEcriminal record rejected,  

FBI fingerprints were then submitted

August: RFE personal moral character letter again. I wrote a new one and sent it 

August: online update;  we have received all RFE we will work on your case again 

October 2017; RFE asking for everything again. This time we are confused including my attorneys. My attorney  then made a conclusion. Maybe they keep misplacing your information. So let’s send everything again. 

November2017. prima facie 

March 2018: application denied for the reasons listed on the letter. on a 10 page letter, over 50 photos.

I’m so confused. Cause of plenty of contradicting requests and my story taken out of context.  RFEs overlapping. 

Did you police report.., if not did you attend therapy and get a psychological evaluation done?

Timeline

Yes everything. the uscis believes the abuse did happen but because I do not have sufficient joint assets, that was allegedly withheld by my bankrupt abuser that refused to share assets, basically depriving me of my rights in the marriage. Making me pay debts and eventually he would withhold cards. Basically this was a one sided marriage but because I was blinded by love still. I stayed with him and just believed marriages are not perfect.  This is the context of the joint assets( I can’t provide what was withheld from me ) 

But it doesn’t seem like they are reading the whole story cause the letter claims that “ I didn’t give the name of the person who proposed to me”  

then the denial letter goes on to say again “  You said Micheal (example)proposed to you but you didn’t say when. A lot of mixed requests that are confusing 

Out of 4 bank statements, they claim to have received one

Edited by pep123

Timeline
29 minutes ago, pep123 said:

Yes everything. the uscis believes the abuse did happen but because I do not have sufficient joint assets, that was allegedly withheld by my bankrupt abuser that refused to share assets, basically depriving me of my rights in the marriage. Making me pay debts and eventually he would withhold cards. Basically this was a one sided marriage but because I was blinded by love still. I stayed with him and just believed marriages are not perfect.  This is the context of the joint assets( I can’t provide what was withheld from me ) 

But it doesn’t seem like they are reading the whole story cause the letter claims that “ I didn’t give the name of the person who proposed to me”  

then the denial letter goes on to say again “  You said Micheal (example)proposed to you but you didn’t say when. A lot of mixed requests that are confusing 

Out of 4 bank statements, they claim to have received one

If you plan on reapplying please make sure everything is in your application and in more details, explaining one by one everything that a married couple should have But you didn’t  Because of the abuse. Have family and friends write on your behalf. TAlk about the life you  had before marriage during, and the one you guys hope to of had in the future. Whether plans for kids, vacation anything really, describe in details how your home was, talk about things you guys did as far as routines.

Timeline
1 minute ago, pep123 said:

Okay I will I’ve began drafting another another letter. 

Seems liked they want more proof that’s you guys resides together once married and if you don’t have a paper trail of it you have to explain how it was living with your spouse to prove that you lived with him. Ask ms sandranj to explain in more details for you please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would focus on documentation, seems that is what they are asking for.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I would focus on documentation, seems that is what they are asking for.

I’m sure they are too but if she doesn’t have any documents in her possession she has to find other ways of satisfying Uscis requests 

Timeline

I believe I would need to provide solid argument why I don’t have these documents. Crossing fingers that those reasons won’t be ignored this time. Also  if this was the Vermont’s mistake, because they keep asking for things what are rather strongly discussed on my letter. My attorney will be sending a rebuttal letter to address these mistakes. On top of my letter , my divorce attorney will be writing a letter too to try turn thetables around.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.