navj1699

Received NOA2 On 13th Feb, Didn't receive anything from NVC!

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Received NOA2 for CR1 case on 13th Feb, 2018.

1. What communication we should receive after NOA2 ?

2. I think i should have received a letter in the mail from NVC with the case number to submit income proof, Is this how it goes ?

3. I am thinking i should write an email to NVC to enquire and we're going through extreme hardship, Should i add hardship and ask for expedite as well on the same letter ?

I would appreciate response.

Thank you,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

Received NOA2 for CR1 case on 13th Feb, 2018.

1. What communication we should receive after NOA2 ?

2. I think i should have received a letter in the mail from NVC with the case number to submit income proof, Is this how it goes ?

3. I am thinking i should write an email to NVC to enquire and we're going through extreme hardship, Should i add hardship and ask for expedite as well on the same letter ?

I would appreciate response.

Thank you,

If you included an email in the I-130 pack they will likely send you an email, it is taking about 4 weeks from time NVC received it to get a case #, you can start tracking this once your online status on USCIS website says, "sent to DOS"

once you get your case # and INV# you can log into the website and chose your agent, a few days after that you can call NVC back ask them to review it, shortly after you get your case # you will get your welcome letter to where you can go in and pay AOS fee, after a few days the IV bill will open for you to pay.

Meanwhile all the letters you get from NVC will come to your email, as well as a list of documents you will need.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

If you included an email in the I-130 pack they will likely send you an email, it is taking about 4 weeks from time NVC received it to get a case #, you can start tracking this once your online status on USCIS website says, "sent to DOS"

once you get your case # and INV# you can log into the website and chose your agent, a few days after that you can call NVC back ask them to review it, shortly after you get your case # you will get your welcome letter to where you can go in and pay AOS fee, after a few days the IV bill will open for you to pay.

Meanwhile all the letters you get from NVC will come to your email, as well as a list of documents you will need.

We've mentioned email address on the initial case, But haven't received anything after 30 days from NOA2.

Shall i send an email to NVC to request for case number that they haven't sent ?

Timeline
Just now, navj1699 said:

We've mentioned email address on the initial case, But haven't received anything after 30 days from NOA2.

Shall i send an email to NVC to request for case number that they haven't sent ?

have you checked the USCIS site to see if your online status has updated to say "sent to DOS"

Timeline
Just now, Khallaf said:

have you checked the USCIS site to see if your online status has updated to say "sent to DOS"

Yes, It was updated on 13th Feb and i797 says notice date is 02, Feb, 18.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

Yes, It was updated on 13th Feb and i797 says notice date is 02, Feb, 18.

my question is, does the USCIS status page you check with your USCIS receipt number say approved? or does it say sent to DOS?

for example.

my_logo.png

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On January 29, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number LINxxxxxxxx, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address.

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

my question is, does the USCIS status page you check with your USCIS receipt number say approved? or does it say sent to DOS?

Here's what it says, "Case Was Sent To The Department of State".

Timeline
1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

great, what date does it say it was sent to DOS?

:) You are raising my hope.

Here's what it says in description;

"On February 13, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number ************, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address".

Timeline
Just now, navj1699 said:

:) You are raising my hope.

Here's what it says in description;

"On February 13, 2018, we sent your case, Receipt Number ************, to the Department of State for visa processing. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address".

great,...this is good news, I would encourage you to start calling NVC 603-334-0700 option 1 and then 3 give them your USCIS receipt # let them know your looking to see if they have a case # for you yet, they will either say, yes, and give it to you after asking you some questions or they will say, when it was scanned as received into their system and tell you to call back.

mine was sent on 2/1 to DOS they got it scanned 2/8 took almost 4 weeks to get my case # and INV #.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

great,...this is good news, I would encourage you to start calling NVC 603-334-0700 option 1 and then 3 give them your USCIS receipt # let them know your looking to see if they have a case # for you yet, they will either say, yes, and give it to you after asking you some questions or they will say, when it was scanned as received into their system and tell you to call back.

mine was sent on 2/1 to DOS they got it scanned 2/8 took almost 4 weeks to get my case # and INV #.

Once i get the NVC case # what happen then ?

Do i need to send W2 and 1040s for last three years along with hubby's police verification from his country ?

And they approve and send the case to embassy ?

Or is this directly directed to embassy of hubby's country ?

I'm really dummy in these processes.....

Timeline
6 minutes ago, navj1699 said:

Once i get the NVC case # what happen then ?

Do i need to send W2 and 1040s for last three years along with hubby's police verification from his country ?

And they approve and send the case to embassy ?

Or is this directly directed to embassy of hubby's country ?

I'm really dummy in these processes.....

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved.html

check out that link, it will explain the steps to take after your petition is approved at USCIS and what to do next.

you do not need to send 3 years of tax returns you can send the current year if you have completed the 2017 tax return, I will say this as I am sure you know, if you were married as of December 31, 2017 you must file married on your taxes.

if you haven't done the 2017  you can send tax transcripts of 2016, if you have the transcripts you will not need the W2.

he will need to get a police certification, if not in English it will need to be translated, you will also need a copy of his birth certificate and the info page of his passport.

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved.html

check out that link, it will explain the steps to take after your petition is approved at USCIS and what to do next.

you do not need to send 3 years of tax returns you can send the current year if you have completed the 2017 tax return, I will say this as I am sure you know, if you were married as of December 31, 2017 you must file married on your taxes.

if you haven't done the 2017  you can send tax transcripts of 2016, if you have the transcripts you will not need the W2.

he will need to get a police certification, if not in English it will need to be translated, you will also need a copy of his birth certificate and the info page of his passport.

They got our case on 23rd Feb. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.