1,157 posts in this topic

Hi, I created this post to keep in touch all of us who filed as applicants from F2A category. Specially the ones of us that filed with Pending 1-130, so we can keep in touch.

My timeline:

I-130 filed on Dec 19th, 2016

I-130 still pending as of time of filing.

AOS package sent March 1st, 2018

AOS package arrived Chicago Lockbox on March 4 (Sunday)

Bank notified us about a check transaction on March 14 at 5.48 a.m.

E-Notifications received via email and via sms on March 14 at 11.48 p.m.

Waiting for physical Notice of Action.

Now it's time to wait.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

I took the time to tag all of the people interested on the topic or that have mentioned being on the same boat from the Family of GC section of the forum.

@QAF2A @thepanda @GiselaMargareta @lilydenris @Bfree3 @Bhumi @markx

Please tag anyone I forgot.

Edited by Tenreyro

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

thank you so much for tagging us. I just sent mine in yesterday but will update as soon as I receive word. So happy for you guys. 

Thanks for creating the new topic!

Now we can keep in touch. I did some research last night and saw the wait for EAD is very long. At least 90 days and some people get 200+ days. Everyone expressed that they gave up hope before getting the card in hand. We'll see what we can do in the mean time. 

I checked some random receipt numbers and saw people who applied OCT252016 is still waiting for card... I guess our EAD will not get approved before I-130 is approved? 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

Did u guys send vaccination report Along with i485 ? 

Because I feel that it's valid for only one year. 

No I didn't send in any medical. I really didn't want to have to possibly pay twice.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, QAF2A said:

Thanks for creating the new topic!

Now we can keep in touch. I did some research last night and saw the wait for EAD is very long. At least 90 days and some people get 200+ days. Everyone expressed that they gave up hope before getting the card in hand. We'll see what we can do in the mean time. 

I checked some random receipt numbers and saw people who applied OCT252016 is still waiting for card... I guess our EAD will not get approved before I-130 is approved? 

Lets be hopeful. Just being accepted is a great thing right now so bask in that. I thought I read on one of the instructions (soooo much reading I swear) that once the application is accepted, you are entitled to the EAD within 90 days. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Its very good to see are so many, welcome.

I didn't send the medical either, it is valid only for a year @Bhumi @Bfree3, I will wait until I start to see the light at the end of the tunnel to get it done. Most importantly, I didn't want to do it in case they didn't file my case.

Lets be hopeful. Just being accepted is a great thing right now so bask in that. I thought I read on one of the instructions (soooo much reading I swear) that once the application is accepted, you are entitled to the EAD within 90 days. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You have the right to apply for the EAD, you can start to send inquiries about it after 75 days (over the telephone apparently they are telling people is after 90 days that you can inquire). Let's see what happens.

October F2A filers have been dealing with it, so yes, it has been very delayed. Let's hope NBC finds a balance and a way to move forward, and we get good news within 90 days.

Edited by Tenreyro

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, I'm new here. I am in a similar situation as everyone here. My spouse and I have filed I-130 PD Feb 21 2017 and still awaiting approval. We were so happy when we found out that we can file for AOS while I-130 is still pending through this forum. We are planning on filing for AOS,EAD, and AP before March ends, but I just have a few questions/clarifications:

• Have most of you filed I-485 through the help of an attorney? I saw that @BenSherry filed with an attorney. I was thinking of having an attorney review our forms and documents before filing, but I am worried about the cost. I was able to file I-130 without attorney help, but I'm quite anxious about possible mistakes I could have made when filling out the form.
  • What service centers are your I-130/I-1485 filed at? Our I-130 is at California Service Center and we will be filing our I-1485 at Pheonix Lockbox, and it will probably forwarded to California Service Center as well.
    • Will the service center/lockbox location affect the receipt of the I-485? Is it possible that Chicago lockbox accepts it, but Pheonix Lockbox won't?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

Timeline
12 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Hi, I created this post to keep in touch all of us who filed as applicants from F2A category. Specially the ones of us that filed with Pending 1-130, so we can keep in touch.

My timeline:

I-130 filed on Dec 19th, 2016

I-130 still pending as of time of filing.

AOS package sent March 1st, 2018

AOS package arrived Chicago Lockbox on March 4 (Sunday)

Bank notified us about a check transaction on March 14 at 5.48 a.m.

E-Notifications received via email and via sms on March 14 at 11.48 p.m.

Waiting for physical Notice of Action.

Now it's time to wait.

Congratulations! Thank you for creating this forum. Super helpful!

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

Timeline

@talad I did it all without an attorney. Simply because I have control and anxiety issues... it would drive me even more crazy then this process is already making me sadly. Also based on the choices of where to file the i485 on the uscis page, I sent to the Chicago lockbox. My pending i130 is in California and I originally sent my i130 package to Phoenix. 

Hi  @talad

1 hour ago, talad said:

Have most of you filed I-485 through the help of an attorney? 

I did the same as @Bfree3 as I did it myself, and wanted to check everything a million times. I took around two weeks to decided the forms were complete, only because I decided to do it like that, but the first time I sat on the computer, I filled all the information in one afternoon.

1 hour ago, talad said:

• What service centers are your I-130/I-1485 filed at? Our I-130 is at California Service Center and we will be filing our I-1485 at Pheonix Lockbox, and it will probably forwarded to California Service Center as well.

My I-130 is filed at CSC, the I-485, I-765 and I-131 were forwarded and filed at NBC.

1 hour ago, talad said:

Will the service center/lockbox location affect the receipt of the I-485? Is it possible that Chicago lockbox accepts it, but Pheonix Lockbox won't?

Thank you in advance for your replies!

I think you can only file at Chicago Lockbox, none of the examples for the Phoenix Lockbox from the Direct Filing at USCIS website for form I-485 shows something close enough to consider filing at the Phoenix Lockbox. In this case is not location related.

Edited by Tenreyro

Timeline

Thank you @Bfree3 and @Tenreyro for your replies. I'm currently filling out the forms, and am hoping to mail them by Friday after rechecking millions of times.

I do have a few more questions:

• I read on some other forum that someone tried filing their I-485 before their I-130 same as us, and they were denied during interview because of early filing. What do you guys think of this?
  • When you guys filed your I-131 for Advanced Parole, did you indicate a specific date of intended departure? We wanted to file for Advanced Parole without a specific date of travel in mind. We just wanted to be able to freely travel outside the US when the need/want arises. 
  • In the instructions for I-130 (attached picture), it is indicated that someone with a pending application to adjust status, may apply if 'urgent humanitarian reasons', or in furtherance of 'significant public benefit', which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons. Does this mean that applying for Advanced Parole when you have a pending I-485 to travel outside of the US for vacation is not allowed?

Thank you so much in advanced for you time and replies :D

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 4.27.16 PM.png

1 hour ago, talad said:

Thank you @Bfree3 and @Tenreyro for your replies. I'm currently filling out the forms, and am hoping to mail them by Friday after rechecking millions of times.

I do have a few more questions:

• I read on some other forum that someone tried filing their I-485 before their I-130 same as us, and they were denied during interview because of early filing. What do you guys think of this?
  • When you guys filed your I-131 for Advanced Parole, did you indicate a specific date of intended departure? We wanted to file for Advanced Parole without a specific date of travel in mind. We just wanted to be able to freely travel outside the US when the need/want arises. 
  • In the instructions for I-130 (attached picture), it is indicated that someone with a pending application to adjust status, may apply if 'urgent humanitarian reasons', or in furtherance of 'significant public benefit', which may include a personal or family emergency or bona fide business reasons. Does this mean that applying for Advanced Parole when you have a pending I-485 to travel outside of the US for vacation is not allowed?

Thank you so much in advanced for you time and replies :D

Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 4.27.16 PM.png

I once read a case that was denied in that context. I do not know the ultimate decision, or what of the person that filed, meaning I am not aware if he/she appealed, because it was very new the Chart B dates, and a misinformed agent could have taken a wrong decision.

I filed I-131, but I don't intend to travel unless there is a major reason to. The I-131 is not intended to be used for vacation travel, and not allowed. And in the end reentry is not guaranteed.

I left it blank, or wrote unknown, ai do not remember, but explained that it is in case of emergency. The form also can be filed at a Infopass appointment with a specific date, if it a more pressing emergency, I guess it better have the date for the cases that need it, than not have the date and later need it.

Edited by Tenreyro

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.