3,014 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Godblessme said:

God is great!  I just got an email that my VAWA was approved!!!  I have been on this forum since late 2016 and I saw VAWA takes longer and longer.  It is a long journey full of anxiety and worrisome. 

Checking Case status and logging in this forum have been my daily routine. The waiting is so long that I still can't believe I got approved. I hope you guys who are still waiting will hear something soon. The following is my timeline:

11/18/2016  USCIS recieved my case I-360

11/30/2016 Got a request for additional notice.

1/11/2017  USCIS recieved my request.

Long silence

3/16/2018 Got email showing my case was approved on 3/8/2018.

Thank you everyone for your support and thank you Ms Sandra. 

Congrats 🎈🎊🍾 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Godblessme said:

God is great!  I just got an email that my VAWA was approved!!!  I have been on this forum since late 2016 and I saw VAWA takes longer and longer.  It is a long journey full of anxiety and worrisome. 

Checking Case status and logging in this forum have been my daily routine. The waiting is so long that I still can't believe I got approved. I hope you guys who are still waiting will hear something soon. The following is my timeline:

11/18/2016  USCIS recieved my case I-360

11/30/2016 Got a request for additional notice.

1/11/2017  USCIS recieved my request.

Long silence

3/16/2018 Got email showing my case was approved on 3/8/2018.

Thank you everyone for your support and thank you Ms Sandra. 

Congratulations!!! :jest:

1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

Just went to the DMV with my EAD that is about to expire and the Receipt Notice that works as an automatic 180 day extension until the new EAD card arrives and it was no problem to renew my drivers license. 

That’s awesome. Did they renew it for a year or 6 months? I’m about to go do the same on Monday. 

Just went to the DMV with my EAD that is about to expire and the Receipt Notice that works as an automatic 180 day extension until the new EAD card arrives and it was no problem to renew my drivers license. 

Hi, I had bad expderience with the same issue, they rejected my notice. What state do you live?

2 hours ago, Veronika691 said:

Hi, I had bad expderience with the same issue, they rejected my notice. What state do you live?

CA ... they have a document online that states that you can use expired/soon to expire EAD plus I-797 notice. 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/0d71782a-9301-4b4a-968c-af5f670be82f/Federal_NonCompliant_dl_DocsList.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

2 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

CA ... they have a document online that states that you can use expired/soon to expire EAD plus I-797 notice. 

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/wcm/connect/0d71782a-9301-4b4a-968c-af5f670be82f/Federal_NonCompliant_dl_DocsList.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Thank you for the link, I did not find it on our dmv site. I'll try again.

17 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

They renewed it for 180 days from the date my current EAD expires. Once I get my new EAD, I can go back and they will give me the one for 1 year. 

I hope it’s easy for me too. Thanks for answering @iwillsurvive

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
6 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

I hope it’s easy for me too. Thanks for answering @iwillsurvive

My 3rd prima Facie just came now giving 2 months extension finger cross plus prayer still waiting.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Roms2017 said:

My 3rd prima Facie just came now giving 2 months extension finger cross plus prayer still waiting.

Thanks

If things are taking too long, you could always ask your Senator’s office for help. Don’t be afraid too. They were so happy to help me. 

Filed: Other Timeline

If you are a November 2016 (or before) filer, you should ask your congressman to inquire on your behalf because November filers should have gotten responses by now. 

Yep, I have my congressman and my rep sending requests and they are going unanswered beyond the timeframe they were given to receive a response by.  I'm officially outside of the processing timeframe now. :(

Edit: They never replied to our request to Renew Prima Facie sent late December either.  It's kind of messed up they didn't even respond to that. 

Edited by MsVi2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.