3,014 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, sandranj said:

Peanutbutterq8 you said on the VAWA thread 9 

They held my 485 til the decision of my VAWA. My ead will expire on 5.2018 and my lawyer wanted me to file new 485 even if in the approval letter it says I have pending I 485 and wait for further notice.

Do not file a new I-485, there is no need for him to refile again, he/she should read sometimes about immigration to learn the basics of VAWA Law.

Hi Sandra, it’s always good to see your responses. I was hoping you could tell me if I will need to go to an interview again, even though I already went to one with my abusive spouse. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
4 hours ago, Kleenex12 said:

Hello Sandra?How are you?hope you are doing great!Thanks for always answering our questions!Please do you have any January or February 2017 Approvals already?and I read here that people whole files in March 2017 should expect to hear from USCIS by fall 2018?os that possible??😒😒😒😒Thanks for reading!God bless you!

True vawa taking 14 to 16 months now

On 3/14/2018 at 5:47 PM, survivor1 said:

Hi guys, my journey is finally over! Had Interview 9:00am at federal plaza. Was in and out within 5 minutes.  I was asked name, address, my son's information and that was it🙏. Officer said have a good day rest of your day and he'll recommend  for approval. By the time I exited the building I got the welcome text! Thankyou to everyone who've shared their journey and most of all a special thankyou to Sandra for answering all my questions. Good luck everyone....

*Applied for vawa in July of 2016

*Prima facie September of 2016

*Approval February of 2017

Due to circumstances I didn't send in i485 right away.  Submitted i485 June of 2017

*fingerprints done July of 2017, got work permit/drivers license

*interview notice (interview was 7 days after notice) 

*interview today the 14th and got welcome text right after interview. All the praises to the almighty. 

Congratulations!!! :D;) seems like people who only do the form i-360 alone, get the approval within 7 months, than people who submitted the three, and get it in one year. I'm going to do only the form i-360 even though, I really demonstrate that I suffered from domestic abuse, I'm afraid I would get deported by submitting the three all at once, plus, its to much money to even apply for all of them three. So, seems like the form i-360 would be my option just like you did, congratulation in your new journey by the way! you deserve this!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Valerie899 said:

Congratulations!!! :D;) seems like people who only do the form i-360 alone, get the approval within 7 months, than people who submitted the three, and get it in one year. I'm going to do only the form i-360 even though, I really demonstrate that I suffered from domestic abuse, I'm afraid I would get deported by submitting the three all at once, plus, its to much money to even apply for all of them three. So, seems like the form i-360 would be my option just like you did, congratulation in your new journey by the way! you deserve this!

If you can’t afford the other forms you can file the fee waiver and get the fees waived... that’s if you choose to file down the road it’s I-912.. I wish you well 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Sandra, it’s always good to see your responses. I was hoping you could tell me if I will need to go to an interview again, even though I already went to one with my abusive spouse. 

Yes you need to attend the AOS interview after your VAWA petition is approved.

Timeline
20 hours ago, sue1234 said:

Sandra, one of your responses said - "We had several people in removal proceddings before.In case your VAWA is approved you must ask to terminate the removal otherwise USCIS has no juridisction and they will deny your AOS. It's advised to contact USCIS counsel after VAWA approval to ask him to sign jointly the petition to terminate the removal proceeding".

In my approval letter it says Initial Grant of Deferred action - valid for 15 months.

Do I still need to ask to terminate the removal?

Deferred action is granted  to allow the person to remain in the U.S while waiting adjudication of the VAWA / AOS, but if the AOS is denied the person can be removed from the U.S.

You have options, you can sign jointly the petition, with USCIS counsel, to terminate the removal proceeding, or to file an Application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485)once USCIS approves the I-360, the immigration judge will accept the I-485 and the Judge will make a decision  to Adjust Status.It's up to you.I prefer to adjust status with USCIS.

Timeline

kleenex yes I have VAWA petitions filed in January and February 2017 approved. USCIS is adjudicating the VAWA  petitions filed in January and February 2017, but they still have some cases filed in Nov and Dec 2016 that are still pending adjudication.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, sandranj said:

kleenex yes I have VAWA petitions filed in January and February 2017 approved. USCIS is adjudicating the VAWA  petitions filed in January and February 2017, but they still have some cases filed in Nov and Dec 2016 that are still pending adjudication.

Many December 2016  vawa fillers including me haven't heard anything back yet

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, sandranj said:

Thanks Sandra dear,God bless you for answering us always!!🙏🙏🤷‍♀️

Filed: Other Timeline

Nov 8th, 2016 here, nothing but radio silence since they received my RFE response on Jan 22nd.  They never responded to my request to renew Prima Facie either, an inquiry was sent 3 weeks ago and we were told we would receive a response to the inquiry within 14 business days, well no response has received by the attorney, so I called my senator's office again and they are more than happy to start pestering them again.   It was thanks to my senator that we got them to send my first RFE.  This wait has me so tired.  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
23 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

Nov 8th, 2016 here, nothing but radio silence since they received my RFE response on Jan 22nd.  They never responded to my request to renew Prima Facie either, an inquiry was sent 3 weeks ago and we were told we would receive a response to the inquiry within 14 business days, well no response has received by the attorney, so I called my senator's office again and they are more than happy to start pestering them again.   It was thanks to my senator that we got them to send my first RFE.  This wait has me so tired.  

Probably the officer who is taking care of your case is too too slow

12 hours ago, sandranj said:

Yes you need to attend the AOS interview after your VAWA petition is approved.

Thanks Sandra! 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Valerie899 said:

USCIS received only my I-360 on 1/24/2017 and as of today my online status says Fees Waived. No prima facie, no RFE. Only the initial receipt that fees were waived. :mellow:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.