3,014 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, survivor1 said:

Hi guys, my journey is finally over! Had Interview 9:00am at federal plaza. Was in and out within 5 minutes.  I was asked name, address, my son's information and that was it🙏. Officer said have a good day rest of your day and he'll recommend  for approval. By the time I exited the building I got the welcome text! Thankyou to everyone who've shared their journey and most of all a special thankyou to Sandra for answering all my questions. Good luck everyone....

*Applied for vawa in July of 2016

*Prima facie September of 2016

*Approval February of 2017

Due to circumstances I didn't send in i485 right away.  Submitted i485 June of 2017

*fingerprints done July of 2017, got work permit/drivers license

*interview notice (interview was 7 days after notice) 

*interview today the 14th and got welcome text right after interview. All the praises to the almighty. 

Congratulations are in order...so happy for you.

1 hour ago, survivor1 said:

Hi guys, my journey is finally over! Had Interview 9:00am at federal plaza. Was in and out within 5 minutes.  I was asked name, address, my son's information and that was it🙏. Officer said have a good day rest of your day and he'll recommend  for approval. By the time I exited the building I got the welcome text! Thankyou to everyone who've shared their journey and most of all a special thankyou to Sandra for answering all my questions. Good luck everyone....

Due to circumstances I didn't send in i485 right away.  Submitted i485 June of 2017

*interview today the 14th and got welcome text right after interview. All the praises to the almighty. 

Yeahhhhh!!!! Congrats!!!! This will be a week of Good news for many! Is this your first Green Card interview?

Hi Guys, does anyone know if a VAWA applicant, will still need to go to an interview, even if he/she had already attended one with their abusive spouse? As in will I still be required to do an interview?

56 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

Hello all,

I applied for EAD renewal in September 2017...still no update. Any one else with a similar timeline? I'm freaking out!!!

Go to Infopass. This is too long and outside of processing times. Could have gotten lost in the mail even. You can have your congress person inquire at VSC directly. 

2 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Guys, does anyone know if a VAWA applicant, will still need to go to an interview, even if he/she had already attended one with their abusive spouse? As in will I still be required to do an interview?

Hi @sandranj I hope you’re doing well. Do you have any experience regarding the situation I mentioned in the comment above? Would I be scheduled for another interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
5 hours ago, survivor1 said:

Congratulation, where did you have the interview?

Sandra, one of your responses said - "We had several people in removal proceddings before.In case your VAWA is approved you must ask to terminate the removal otherwise USCIS has no juridisction and they will deny your AOS. It's advised to contact USCIS counsel after VAWA approval to ask him to sign jointly the petition to terminate the removal proceeding".

In my approval letter it says Initial Grant of Deferred action - valid for 15 months.

Do I still need to ask to terminate the removal?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Peanutbutterq8 you said on the VAWA thread 9 

They held my 485 til the decision of my VAWA. My ead will expire on 5.2018 and my lawyer wanted me to file new 485 even if in the approval letter it says I have pending I 485 and wait for further notice.

Do not file a new I-485, there is no need for him to refile again, he/she should read sometimes about immigration to learn the basics of VAWA Law.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

Peanutbutterq8 you said on the VAWA thread 9 

They held my 485 til the decision of my VAWA. My ead will expire on 5.2018 and my lawyer wanted me to file new 485 even if in the approval letter it says I have pending I 485 and wait for further notice.

Do not file a new I-485, there is no need for him to refile again, he/she should read sometimes about immigration to learn the basics of VAWA Law.

Hello Sandra?How are you?hope you are doing great!Thanks for always answering our questions!Please do you have any January or February 2017 Approvals already?and I read here that people whole files in March 2017 should expect to hear from USCIS by fall 2018?os that possible??😒😒😒😒Thanks for reading!God bless you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.