Grantman1987

Starting k1 petition for OFW? Plus income decisions: Help

33 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Not a problem, happy to help. You also do NOT need a lawyer or a service to file the paperwork, just use VJ and you will be fine.

Oh nice! Yeah I was thinking the same thing even after hearing all of this talk about needing a lawyer or service, to make sure its done right the first time. I even ended up talking to an american guy who says he lives in Cebu, but has a las vegas phone number, and he assures his service is the best and all the others are scams lol. I figured I'll just try to do the application myself. One other question, as far as evidence of relationship, can you share what evidence or documents you provided to get your first petition approved? I have pictures, facebook messages that can date back to a year, bank statement showing me in philippines at restaurants, recipes from my resort purchases, also flight ticket recipes. 

Edited by Grantman1987

17 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

Oh nice! Yeah I was thinking the same thing even after hearing all of this talk about needing a lawyer or service, to make sure its done right the first time. I even ended up talking to an american guy who says he lives in Cebu, but has a las vegas phone number, and he assures his service is the best and all the others are scams lol. I figured I'll just try to do the application myself. One other question, as far as evidence of relationship, can you share what evidence or documents you provided to get your first petition approved? I have pictures, facebook messages that can date back to a year, bank statement showing me in philippines at restaurants, recipes from my resort purchases, also flight ticket recipes. 

They all say they are the best and they can do this or that, when in reality all they do is collect your paperwork and send it on that's it. The ONLY reason I went with someone was because I was in Afghanistan at the time and needed someone stateside to do everything. Also what we see here on VJ is that they will more than likely slow a case down or sometimes cause someone a RFE or a denial due to not sending in something that they were supposed to send in.

As far as the evidence I showed like hotel receipts, plane ticket stubs/receipts, some chat logs but not much. Also what I did as well was I did a collage of our pictures together 3 8x10 pages with about 4-6 pictures apiece of our time in the Philippines. Pictures together, me with her, me with her family, all of us having fun together. It doesn't take much for the Philippines in all honesty to show evidence of a bonafide relationship, but people tend to over think it way to much especially for the Philippines. They will send in a whole 2 years of chat logs and binders full of pictures when in all honesty they won't even turn past the 2nd page more than likely. Pm me sometime if you want more info.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Hello, fellow OC resident. OC is a very diverse and immigrant friendly place, there are so many international supermarkets, they're also cheap, it's awesome. 

Her employer doesn't need to know anything about her visa. Usually, she's the one who needs to schedule the interview herself, so she can pick a date. It's not a big deal as long as she calls the embassy as soon as possible. I don't know if she can get time off for a medical and an interview though.

Whether you want to change your career is up to you. I think you'll be fine as long as you make at least $25,000 per year. Do what's best for you and your future. 

Have you considered a CR-1? With a K1 she won't be able to work for at least 3-4 months after she arrives to the US and it can take a toll on her and your relationship. Also, OC is not a cheap place at all as we all know. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.