Grantman1987

Starting k1 petition for OFW? Plus income decisions: Help

33 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Grantman1987 said:

Nice, thank you sir. Do you know what the minimum income would be to meet the guidlines in California? I believe its 32 or 33k. 

it goes by %. and you and your fiance will be above the 100%. so with that you are fine. check the poverty guidelines for 2017.

15 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhh ok. What does she do in the KSA? She must work for a strict boss or a Saudi. She wouldn't be applying for but you would be. But you can file for it and mark her place as the Philippines so that she can go back there once her contract is done to do the interview and medical then fly to the USA. My wife was a OFW for 5 years in Qatar so I understand what it's like. The PCC is a police clearance from that country basically like a background check paperwork showing that you did or did not do anything bad in that country while living there. 

She will be lucky because there are alot of Filipinos in SoCal. As you know where you live it's mostly Chinese or Vietnamese but she can still shop at their stores and get some Asian food or groceries. Where in the Philippines is she from and have y'all met in person?

Yes you're exacly right, she's a maid in KSA for a Jordanian family. Luckily it isn't a Saudi family. 

23 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Ahhh ok. What does she do in the KSA? She must work for a strict boss or a Saudi. She wouldn't be applying for but you would be. But you can file for it and mark her place as the Philippines so that she can go back there once her contract is done to do the interview and medical then fly to the USA. My wife was a OFW for 5 years in Qatar so I understand what it's like. The PCC is a police clearance from that country basically like a background check paperwork showing that you did or did not do anything bad in that country while living there. 

She will be lucky because there are alot of Filipinos in SoCal. As you know where you live it's mostly Chinese or Vietnamese but she can still shop at their stores and get some Asian food or groceries. Where in the Philippines is she from and have y'all met in person?

Yes you're exacly right, she's a maid in KSA for a Jordanian family. Luckily it isn't a Saudi family.  But thanks for that, I will process the petition from here and if she doesn't have to personally go to the embassy for her part, thats perfect. We could have her sisters fill out her part of the application. Yeah Qatar is really the same thing, same environment. 

My fiance is from Iloilo in Passi. Yes we just met this past february and will be meeting agaian same time next year. You're right about socal its a beautiful place but very expensive lol

18 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

Yes you're exacly right, she's a maid in KSA for a Jordanian family. Luckily it isn't a Saudi family.  But thanks for that, I will process the petition from here and if she doesn't have to personally go to the embassy for her part, thats perfect. We could have her sisters fill out her part of the application. Yeah Qatar is really the same thing, same environment. 

My fiance is from Iloilo in Passi. Yes we just met this past february and will be meeting agaian same time next year. You're right about socal its a beautiful place but very expensive lol

My wife was the same thing in Qatar but luckily for a Danish family so she had alot of freedom.

No, for her part she will have to go to the embassy without a doubt for the interview and the medical. But when you fill out the paperwork you can put the location as the Philippines and not the KSA. So that means that all the paperwork will go to the Philippines and she can do everything there when she is done with her contract. We have a Philippines  subforum where you can ask any questions Philippine specific. 

You are the petitioner so everything initially will be done on your end. 

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Grantman1987 said:

Nice, thank you sir. Do you know what the minimum income would be to meet the guidlines in California? I believe its 32 or 33k. 

this is the poverty guideline for 2018

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

As for your K1 is only 100% of the size of your household and dependents, for AOS is 125% of the same number

I would also suggest to put a real start on the application. There is all kinds of delays and more in getting k1 visa. look around this forum and you will see plenty of people waiting up to a year to get their fiance over to the US. As for the Saudi Arabia situation...that is something you as a couple can only decide. With the current administration....be cautious and prepared to lay down plenty of evidence of your relationship and even to have your case delayed. I have seen plenty of RFE and month by month there are more and more files accumulating in the CSC. The lingo is unfamiliar to you, but you will soon learn it all. Look under August 2017 I-129F filers thread and you will have a chance to see how this process runs. 

Good luck. 

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Grantman1987 said:

Thanks alot, thats something I didn't think about. Maybe she will somehow have to obtain a criminal history from Saudi Arabia. Not sure how to go about doing that since its a very strict country regarding non marriage relationships. 

Greetings!

She can actually apply NBI Clearance through The Philippine Consulate in Saudi Arabia.

Here is the link: http://www.riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-services/other-services/nbi-clearance

And here is the link on how to apply Police Certificates in Saudi Arabia: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SaudiArabia.html

Please, correct me if I am wrong. That anyone may always have K1 interview in any country for as long as she/he is a legal resident in that country.

My best regards,

Nelma

Edited by nelmagriffin

35 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

I guess the only problem if she is under contract and not knowing the specific time of her interview.

Nelma

He is actually talking about doing the interview in the Philippines and not the KSA. 

11 hours ago, Alabamak1 said:

this is the poverty guideline for 2018

https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines

As for your K1 is only 100% of the size of your household and dependents, for AOS is 125% of the same number

I would also suggest to put a real start on the application. There is all kinds of delays and more in getting k1 visa. look around this forum and you will see plenty of people waiting up to a year to get their fiance over to the US. As for the Saudi Arabia situation...that is something you as a couple can only decide. With the current administration....be cautious and prepared to lay down plenty of evidence of your relationship and even to have your case delayed. I have seen plenty of RFE and month by month there are more and more files accumulating in the CSC. The lingo is unfamiliar to you, but you will soon learn it all. Look under August 2017 I-129F filers thread and you will have a chance to see how this process runs. 

Good luck. 

Thanks alot sir for the very good info

10 hours ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

She can actually apply NBI Clearance through The Philippine Consulate in Saudi Arabia.

Here is the link: http://www.riyadhpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-services/other-services/nbi-clearance

And here is the link on how to apply Police Certificates in Saudi Arabia: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/SaudiArabia.html

Please, correct me if I am wrong. That anyone may always have K1 interview in any country for as long as she/he is a legal resident in that country.

My best regards,

Nelma

Thanks mam, yeah she doesn't want to apply in Saudi because it could cause problems with the employer she works for as a maid. As of now it feels like the best option is to get the application started her, and have her things sent to Philippines. If she misses the interview due to being in Saudi still, maybe it can be rescheduled or something along those lines. So my next research is to find out what happens if a fiance misses the interview. Much appreciated for your response mam thanks alot. 

9 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

Wow thats a blessing. So you processed yours just after your wife finished her contract in Qatar? Sounds like you successfully went through the exact same thing I'm trying to. 

Ok I got it now thanks. 

Well I had to process my divorce first. So she went home to Davao after I got divorced, then I filed for the K1 and 6 months later we had her visa, 2 months after she had her visa we left to the USA. There are a fair number of people on here that do the same exact thing and either met their now wife/fiancé while they were working as a OFW and then file at a later date. There is one guy on here who lives/works in the UAE, he has already filed for his OFW wife and they are waiting now for the approval, but since he is a USC working abroad with the US government it's ok if they stay there for a long amount of time. It is also counted towards her time for citizenship as well.

Biggups to you for living in Costa Mesa, I could never living in the OC because it's way to expensive for my tastes. Pasadena was bad enough and we barely did it.

9 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

Thanks mam, yeah she doesn't want to apply in Saudi because it could cause problems with the employer she works for as a maid. As of now it feels like the best option is to get the application started her, and have her things sent to Philippines. If she misses the interview due to being in Saudi still, maybe it can be rescheduled or something along those lines. So my next research is to find out what happens if a fiance misses the interview. Much appreciated for your response mam thanks alot. 

The processing right now has considerably slowed down so that shouldn't be a problem at all. It is taking roughly 8-10 months right now on average for a K1 from start to visa in hand. So if you file with in the next couple of months then you will be fine time wise. What happens is after your petition is approved it gets sent to NVC then on to USEM for the interview and medical. Since she would be a K1 beneficiary she can actually schedule the interview with the embassy, and medical is first come first serve in Manila. So if I were you I would file about June/July timeframe just to be safe. That way it would allow her time to go home, spend some time at home with her family, and then do the interview/medical/CFO.

5 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

The processing right now has considerably slowed down so that shouldn't be a problem at all. It is taking roughly 8-10 months right now on average for a K1 from start to visa in hand. So if you file with in the next couple of months then you will be fine time wise. What happens is after your petition is approved it gets sent to NVC then on to USEM for the interview and medical. Since she would be a K1 beneficiary she can actually schedule the interview with the embassy, and medical is first come first serve in Manila. So if I were you I would file about June/July timeframe just to be safe. That way it would allow her time to go home, spend some time at home with her family, and then do the interview/medical/CFO.

Beautiful. Thanks alot sir. 

5 minutes ago, Grantman1987 said:

Beautiful. Thanks alot sir. 

Not a problem, happy to help. You also do NOT need a lawyer or a service to file the paperwork, just use VJ and you will be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.