diaz1880

Expedite I 130 financial hardship

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 hours ago, diaz1880 said:

I don't need no negative reponse I got fired from my job unable to collect unemployment because of all phone calls from school to pick up my son I am living off my savings account and falling behind all bills and having help from your spouse sure does make a difference don't you think 🤔

I don't think people are trying to give any negative responses. They are trying to offer solutions. Financial Hardship could be used against you in your case because of the risk of your husband becoming a public charge, if IO believes that you can't support them. It is not the opinion of people here as much of just one of the regulations of immigration. You  need to prove that you can financial support them (or have a co-sponsor willing to do so).

I work in a pediatric hospital system that also has schools attached to the hospital system. There are great programs and schools to help out children diagnosed with Autism. I would talk to a social worker and find out what resources are available. There are so many great resources available for children.

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

There are no also no promises that your husband will be able to find job fast. What if it will take him few months to find a job? How are you two going to survive? He cannot collect any financial benefits.

It's not that easy for new immigrants to find jobs. Unless he won't mind low pay jobs or maybe he has some unique skills that will make it easy to find a job.

If he has a job in his home country then in my opinion it's better if he just sends you money until the process of visa is done.

That way you can maybe use those money to pay for babysitter or something and go back to work.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Maybe you are not understanding me I had 2 babysitter which quit on me because of my sons behavior everything here in the US is a process and how can my husband send me money from Dominican republic which that country what you make you can barely survive and stuff like that also my spouse sending me money lol so they can think he is paying me come on that's ridiculous now it's just like if I have some kind a illness that prevents me from working and expedite my case on that sure they will approve it why is that so he can take care of me and not work that falls on being a public charge right because if I can't work nor he can because he is taking care of me my suituation is temporarily and I am young and with his help everything will be much easier just my opinion my thought I emailed everything already all my evidence and just waiting for a reply back from them but it doesn't hurt to try I don't wish on anyone what I am going through but it's like they say God gives she hardest battle to his strong soldiers and I have faith that I will overcome this 

Im sorry but it's really hard to read your post if you don't use any comas or stops. 

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
4 minutes ago, diaz1880 said:

Maybe you are not understanding me I had 2 babysitter which quit on me because of my sons behavior everything here in the US is a process and how can my husband send me money from Dominican republic which that country what you make you can barely survive and stuff like that also my spouse sending me money lol so they can think he is paying me come on that's ridiculous now it's just like if I have some kind a illness that prevents me from working and expedite my case on that sure they will approve it why is that so he can take care of me and not work that falls on being a public charge right because if I can't work nor he can because he is taking care of me my suituation is temporarily and I am young and with his help everything will be much easier just my opinion my thought I emailed everything already all my evidence and just waiting for a reply back from them but it doesn't hurt to try I don't wish on anyone what I am going through but it's like they say God gives she hardest battle to his strong soldiers and I have faith that I will overcome this 

Would you please mind using commas and periods? It's really hard to read, please be respectful to others.

Filed: Other Timeline

I can understand a babysitter untained to care for special needs children quiting. However, in larger communities there are agencies to help you.

I also cannot believe you have no one who can help you.  If this is the case because you are an immigrant, perhaps you should consider returning to be closer to family.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Firm believer in if in doubt expedite.

But even with an expedite these things take time so not a solution to your issue and as others have said unlikely he has a job to walk into.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I am a us citizen I have no family my mother died when I was 15 never met my father. I have no siblings I'm the only child yes they are going to give my son his services that will start in September of this year. However how can I searching for a new job when I am caring for my son and the only way I can get these services staarted asap if he is getting the proper services which would not start until he turns 5. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Go ahead and try, not much to loose.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It sounds like you are frustrated, which is understandable. This is a forum for advice on immigration. Many people offering advice are well versed in the immigration processes and have seen people on here discuss their expedites and reasons for it (most which don't get approved for expedite unfortunately). Expedites are extremely hard to justify unfortunately. People are offering solutions for the short term.

If you feel that this advice doesn't suffice you can always go the way of an experienced immigration lawyer, but many people on this forum have posted about how their immigration lawyer was misinformed and gave poor advice.

This posters of this forum typically will give meaningful and helpful advise for the years and years of experiences they have from being on this forum or their personal experiences. They are trying to assist and not lead you astray. 

I would suggest talking to a social worker. A close friend of my had to recently quit her job because her infant was in liver failure and required a liver transplant. Since the transplant she has had a social worker come to their house and offer sitting services, home rehab service, music therapy services, even a counselor for herself. The social worker is currently finding her a mother's helper. There are so many services out there for kids and families in need. It can be difficult finding them but likely your child is in therapy services, Speech or Occupational Therapies (outpatient or IEP) they should be able to connect you with a social worker who can give you community resources that are often covered. If you are no longer working then your child likely qualifies for medicaid which would qualify them for bunch of things. 

Edited by AshMarty

01/31/17.... K1 Visa Approved

02/03/17.... K1 Visa Received in Hand

06/05/17....Arrived in the USA (LAX)

06/24/17....Married on Cape Cod <3

07/10/17....Sent AOS package (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/17/17.... AOS notice date for NOA1 (I-485, I-131, I-765)

07/21/17.... Received mailed hardcopies of NOA1s

07/29/17.... Biometrics Notice received in mail 

08/01/17.... Biometrics Appointment AOS - complete (walked in)

08/07/17.... Biometrics Appointment EAD - complete (walked in)

10/23/17.... EAD/AP card delivered to house YAY!

This was in 2015 (things change) but I received an expedite due to financial hardship.  I  explained my situation over the phone. The person told me to go into every detail because what I  said would determine if I received an expedite or not. A couple days later I received an email that said my cases had been approved, less than a week later, they were sent to NVC. Whether people agree with you or not that you need/want/will get a financial hardship expedite, is their opinion. Ultimately, it is up USCIS and NVC to determine if you'll receive the expedite or not. All they can tell you is yes or no. Be prepared for either response. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Filed: Timeline
59 minutes ago, diaz1880 said:

I am a us citizen I have no family my mother died when I was 15 never met my father. I have no siblings I'm the only child yes they are going to give my son his services that will start in September of this year. However how can I searching for a new job when I am caring for my son and the only way I can get these services staarted asap if he is getting the proper services which would not start until he turns 5. 

Not much I can add to the expedite question.

I'm unsure how your area/community works, but my oldest son was finally diagnosed with autism this January (he is 4 about to turn 5 next month).

My son's prior psychologist kept delaying making any diagnosis when our son was first seen at 18months (we ended up going Seattle Children Autism center to get the diagnosis), but I was able to find an outside organization for help (Kindering for those who live in WA State, King County area). They got him into the birth - 3 program, and helped us with transitioning to our local school district once he turned 3 in their developmental preschool.

You have my sympathy OP, as I can only imagine how much more difficult it is to do this on your own. Hopefully you can find outside organization in your area to help out.  

Here where I live in the Bronx NY since he is in pre k which is not mandatory here in the US the school district only gave him 2 hours per day 5 times a week with a private special Ed teacher. Now when he goes into kidengarten September of this year they will place him in a autism school and give him all services necessary till than I'm on my own. 

Filed: Timeline
5 minutes ago, diaz1880 said:

Here where I live in the Bronx NY since he is in pre k which is not mandatory here in the US the school district only gave him 2 hours per day 5 times a week with a private special Ed teacher. Now when he goes into kidengarten September of this year they will place him in a autism school and give him all services necessary till than I'm on my own. 

We are fortunate that they offer pre-k for 3 full days and one half day here. What about ABA therapy? I got our son on a waiting list due to wanting home service after his school as we prefer him in a social setting at preschool (I was told 4-6 month wait). It's been an eye opening experience, and we've been lucky due to having private insurance as they said the wait period for those without private insurance was over 2 year wait for ABA. I do wish you the best of luck.

2 hours ago, diaz1880 said:

This is not true. Special education services can start at 3 years old. There are special centers, etc., that should be able to help you. You should be able to get help for him NOW. It's the federal law. As a long-term special ed teacher, I can only imagine the challenges of dealing with a severely autistic son. What about the child's father? He should also have some responsibility for helping with your boy. Hang in there, there is help available. 

Edited by Love To Teach

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.