diaz1880

Expedite I 130 financial hardship

30 posts in this topic

Good evening all I am new to this group and sent I 130 for my spouse in December 2017 my husband lives in Dominican republic I called USCIS last week to expedite my case due to losing my job to attend my son that recently diagnosed with autism and also going through hard times pending eviction etc etc does anyone know how long after I send documents to Texas office via email I should receive a reponse? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So are you implying that if your husband was here your financial hardship would go away? 

Is there no one else who is able to help you with your son? I have a son with significant autism as well (not Aspergers) and there were many social service groups - Easter Seals, etc that were able to help when he was younger. Sometimes there are child care subsidies to help low income parents work and provide for childcare as well. 

You will need a co-sponsor for your husband, right? 

I guess my question to you is how will you prove that having your husband here will relieve your financial burden? 

Edited by EandH0904

First of all I have no family no one to depend on my son is getting all the services he needs but I cannot keep a job because his school constantly calls me to pick him up and I am only one person ok having help of my husband being here will make a huge difference while he is working I can attend to my son needs and not fall back on my bills nor need to live from the government ok this is why I need my husband here with me and yes I do have a co sponsor.

I don't need no negative reponse I got fired from my job unable to collect unemployment because of all phone calls from school to pick up my son I am living off my savings account and falling behind all bills and having help from your spouse sure does make a difference don't you think 🤔

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Unfortunately I don’t see that as being a good enough reason for USCIS to approve your expedite. I’m sorry you lost you job. That sucks. You’re in a tough situation yes but just don’t be so surprised if they don’t approve it. Also, are you using a cosponsor for your petition? Because if you lost your job how are you gonna show that you can support your husband financially? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Also in regards to your expedite. If they approve it you will be notified but if they don’t I don’t think they send anything out and you’re just gonna see NOA2. There’s no set timeline for how long it takes to approve an expedite. Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think that’s how they work. 

Yes I have a CO sponsor and It is not my fault that I lost my job my son comes first my employer fired me because of all the times I had to leave to pick up my son I had 2 babysitter for my son and no one has the patience to deal with him and quit on me I have no family at all alone with my kids trying to do everything on my own i don't live from the government and don't plan to either but I can't do this on my own it's hard and tough having an eviction notice living on the little I have in my savings account having to go to all appointment with my son it's not easy.

I do fall in that category all I wanted was advise from people that have knowledge on my suituation not just your opinion 

Screenshot_20180313-094927.png

55 minutes ago, diaz1880 said:

I do fall in that category all I wanted was advise from people that have knowledge on my suituation not just your opinion 

Screenshot_20180313-094927.png

I tried and was denied... :( good luck its very hard to get an expedite. I pray your situation gets better and you can have your spouse here soon.

I don't think anyone is trying to be negative here, but expedites are very, very hard to get. Fellow posters just don't want you to get any false hopes, that's all. In any case, good luck!

If approved, it's usually days to weeks to hear back from USCIS on an expedite. Note that the case would need to be expedited once it reaches NVC as well. It would still take a few months to complete processing.

As others noted, the stated reason is unlikely to meet the requirements for an expedite. This isn't to be negative, but you need to start planning alternatives to having the case expedited.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

OP,

People are not trying to be negative here. But like @ms_bobdog stated it is very difficult to get an expedite. We have seen people who had very good reasons, like yours, get denied. It is just the reality of this process. With that said, it doesn't mean you will not get the expedite. 

Just make sure you have good supporting evidence in case it is requested.

Good luck.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Have your husband send you some money while you're waiting to be approved. It will help. USCIS doesn't care that you lost your job, immigration is a privilege. You need to stay strong and reliable in their eyes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

when you post on here you will get many responses (all trying to help )

the VJ community reponds with what we have seen in the past

what is written above is "your chances of getting case expedited for loss of income is slim "

not being critical of you but what immigration  looks at

i worked over 20 years with handicapped adults and we can all sympathize with your situation

I will put myself in the position of an immigraiton officer reading your request so read what i  would question

"how did you travel to meet and marry your new husband when you say you can not leave your son alone when it is also hard for someone with autism to travel as they can not stand the noise?"

"how do you plan to support 3 people if you have no family to cosponsor?"

I would also ask you to list all family members and current addresses (has been done in the past in an RFE)

those 3 questions i would send to you in an RFE

so prepare yourself as saying you don't have a job now is more than likely cause you more problems than you know

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.