Victor0228

passport got wet, visa sticker looks fine. What should i do?

8 posts in this topic

Hi. I got passport wet. And passport looks fine and no problems with visit phillipines with wet damaged(wet) passport. And also visa sticker in passport looks fine. 

Problem is experation date 3weeks left.

Here is few questions.

1. Should i get new passport?

2. Can i visit US with new passport and wet passport (visa in side passport).

3. What is best option i can do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Victor0228 said:

What is best option i can do?

Get a new passport right away. I assume passport should be renewed 6mos. Before its expiration date.

I agree, get a new passport, you can not visit most countries with a passport with less than 6 months left on it. 

In regards to having old passport with visa and new passport, that also should not be a problem I travelled that way previously. I think i had my passports stapled together. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Victor0228 said:

I mean passport experation date is 5 years left and visa experation date is 3weeks left

Well....3weeks left on visa...I would go and travel to the US before it  expires? especially because the passport is still up to dat?

Unless the passport is too damaged idk what the issue is?

Main question is I could visit phillipines without problem.

So it might have no problem progess my immigration visa.

My passport got wet but scanned fine could visable. 

Sould i get a new passport hold with IR-1(mmigration visa) in damaged passport ?

7 minutes ago, mrmvkjts said:

Well....3weeks left on visa...I would go and travel to the US before it  expires? especially because the passport is still up to dat?

Unless the passport is too damaged idk what the issue is?

3 minutes ago, Victor0228 said:

Sould i get a new passport hold with IR-1(mmigration visa) in damaged passport ?

If there is any water damage at all to the page with biometric information you need a new passport, even if it’s still legible. You can’t assume just becasue one country let you in that another will.

you can bring the old passport with visa along with the new passport, it’s a standard procedure for getting a new passport with a valid US visa in the old one. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Victor0228 said:

Well as others stated, if it is too damaged, then yes, definitely get a new passport and take the old one with you, attached!

It should be fine like that !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.