1,678 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Scajer25 said:

We got my husbands biometrics appointment today!!! It’s for April 5!! We are moving slowly but surely. 

YAy ! How amazing is that ! Glad you got some news for today 🙌🏻 And yes we’re all moving slowly but good thing we are getting some updates 🙏🏻 Let’s hope that after the biometrics appt our cases move a little faster and we get our interview soon let’s just keep having a lot of faith ☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi! We sent our I601a on Feb 6. It was delivered on Feb 8. We received email and text on Feb 24 stating the case was in Nebraska. When I check on USCIS it says Fingerprint Fee accepted on Feb 23. Then finally on March 24 we received the fingerprint appt for April 5. I am so anxious to see an approval from Nebraska!!!! It is killing me not to even have a timeline to compare to since these cases just started going to Nebraska. Our NVC packet was delivered  yesterday. And this weekend I am making my husband get the DS260 done. 

Timeline
On 3/29/2018 at 6:01 AM, gonzalezjay85 said:

Does the DS260 has to be done before I160A gets sent out?

As far as I know you do the i601a first. Then you send the ds260 that way the NVC knows that you’re doing the Wavier before they process and make your appointment. 

Edited by Scajer25

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline

We recieved our notice of reciept for our 601-A on 12/13/2017. The letter for our biomterics apt was recieved on 12/22/2017 and our apt was 01/11/2018. We are currently awaiting our approval. I hope that helps for some of you who are waiting for the biometrics apt. I have a friend who went through the same process and his waiver was submitted in Dec2016, approved Feb 2017 and by July 2017 He had his apt in Mexico. 

On 4/1/2018 at 8:15 AM, cynmarchoa said:

We recieved our notice of reciept for our 601-A on 12/13/2017. The letter for our biomterics apt was recieved on 12/22/2017 and our apt was 01/11/2018. We are currently awaiting our approval. I hope that helps for some of you who are waiting for the biometrics apt. I have a friend who went through the same process and his waiver was submitted in Dec2016, approved Feb 2017 and by July 2017 He had his apt in Mexico. 

May I ask what approval you are waiting for? Is this after the biometrics? 

On 3/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, Scajer25 said:

We got my husbands biometrics appointment today!!! It’s for April 5!! We are moving slowly but surely. 

Great! What is your next step after? 

Is it the approval of waiver and then the affidavit? We are still waiting on the biometrics appointment 

Timeline
2 hours ago, tayymay said:

Is it the approval of waiver and then the affidavit? We are still waiting on the biometrics appointment 

Yes from what I understand. We are hoping to get an approval on the I-601A in the next few weeks. Then we will submit out affidavit and await our appointment in Tegucigalpa.

Timeline
10 hours ago, tayymay said:

We are waiting for approval for the Wavier but meanwhile we are working on our civil documents and sponsor stuff. We will be sending them sometime this month. 

On 4/3/2018 at 1:31 PM, cynmarchoa said:

Yes from what I understand. We are hoping to get an approval on the I-601A in the next few weeks. Then we will submit out affidavit and await our appointment in Tegucigalpa.

Ok. We have the biometrics appointment on April 12th. We just received the appointment today

Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 10:18 PM, Scajer25 said:

We are waiting for approval for the Wavier but meanwhile we are working on our civil documents and sponsor stuff. We will be sending them sometime this month. 

Thats the smart thing to do. Good luck!

9 hours ago, tayymay said:

Ok. We have the biometrics appointment on April 12th. We just received the appointment today

Congratulations and good luck!

Hey all! New to this forum!! So we applied for my husband's 601A in late December 2017. It was accepted on 1/4/18 and is being processed by the National Benefits Center. We got the Biometrics appointment in mid January for an appt in February (small note - I don't know if every center allows it, but it just so happened that the day we received the notice, my husband was home from work. Although it was a good 2-3 weeks before the actual appointment date, we went to the processing center, explained to them that we came early because my husband was off from work - it had to be approved by an immigration officer - it sounded intimidating but the officer was so sweet and approved us right away). 

Anyways, we are just in the waiting game right now. Hopefully we hear something in the next few weeks. We are doing this through a lawyer. If the waiver is approved, I guess we just wait for an appointment to go to Cuidad Juarez? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

HOLA! I am new to this in March 19, I sent my husband I-601A packet the USCIS received it March 23, and April 5 they sent me his receipt now am just waiting for his biometric appointment. Now am wondering how long is the wait for a waiver to be approved? Has this year been a faster process? thank you!

Edited by gabrielaN08

Timeline
4 hours ago, Carobaut said:

Hey all! New to this forum!! So we applied for my husband's 601A in late December 2017. It was accepted on 1/4/18 and is being processed by the National Benefits Center. We got the Biometrics appointment in mid January for an appt in February (small note - I don't know if every center allows it, but it just so happened that the day we received the notice, my husband was home from work. Although it was a good 2-3 weeks before the actual appointment date, we went to the processing center, explained to them that we came early because my husband was off from work - it had to be approved by an immigration officer - it sounded intimidating but the officer was so sweet and approved us right away). 

Anyways, we are just in the waiting game right now. Hopefully we hear something in the next few weeks. We are doing this through a lawyer. If the waiver is approved, I guess we just wait for an appointment to go to Cuidad Juarez? 

Welcome!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.