1,678 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline
3 hours ago, P.M said:

I am not sure where it was originally but its been transferred to Nebraska I recieved the notice from them in Friday that it was recieved and will be processed within 60 days. We know some people who are still waiting for an appointment in Tegu after their waivers were approved last year. But I know every case is different so I have hope. What part of Honduras ia your husband from?

On 5/3/2018 at 8:46 AM, fazi73 said:

Hi All, Our I-601A waiver was approved in May 2017,  interview was on April 2018 in Juarez, my wife was refused because she brought her son in 1998 (7 years old), now we need to file I-601/212, my attorney said if Juarez field office accepts it then 3-4 months if they don't then file with USCIS and that could take up to 13 months. Any advise, suggestion, useful information would be highly appreciated, Good luck to us all.

I am sorry for the difficulties you are facing. Your wife was denied when you went to Juarez?

Filed: Other Country: Honduras
Timeline
22 minutes ago, cynmarchoa said:
3 hours ago, P.M said:

I am not sure where it was originally but its been transferred to Nebraska I recieved the notice from them in Friday that it was recieved and will be processed within 60 days. We know some people who are still waiting for an appointment in Tegu after their waivers were approved last year. But I know every case is different so I have hope. What part of Honduras ia your husband from?

We both are from Tela. I wish all of us prompt approvals and good luck!

Timeline
On 5/7/2018 at 9:44 PM, Mansini77 said:

My wife's immigration visa was approved on Monday (April 30th).  We received the email from ASC on Thursday (May 3rd) late in the afternoon.  My wife picked up her passport and package from ASC the following Friday morning.  I pulled an all nighter, waking up at 6am to go to work and finishing at 8:30pm.  After a quick meal, I then ventured out of Denver at 11pm in my car to Juarez and arrived at 9am at her hotel.  We checked out and went straight to the crossing bridge.  The wait for inspection took nearly an hour, but that is typical of people trying to cross from Juarez into El Paso.  At the border, my wife's package was inspected by an immigration officer and her passport was stamped.  This process took around 20 minutes, there is a waiting area outside for family members.  About 20 miles outside of El Paso, there is another border checkpoint.  He simply asked if we were Americans, I told him my wife is from Mexico and I handed him her passport.  He took a quick look at her visa stamp said "Congratulations" and we went on our way.  After a quick lunch, we drove back to Denver and arrived back home at around 10pm.  That's roughly 38 hours without sleep, nothing  6 Red Bulls and an Ipod full of music can't fix.  Yesterday, I paid the final $220 for her perm resident card and it should arrive in a month or so, along with her SS card.  

I would like to thank the VJ community for helping make this possible.  We asked many different questions on the wheres, whats and whys of all things related to our case.  And we received a lot of great informative answers.  As the members of VJ have given us so much, I'll be staying active on VJ to answer anyone's questions through the forum thread, or through personal message.  I can only comment on I-601a cases involving a spouse from Mexico.  I am not an immigration attorney, but will answer anyone's questions to the best of my ability.  

My hope is that the recent movement of your I-601a waivers from NBC to USICS Nebraska doesn't delay your case too long.  Thank you and good luck to you all.

Hello,

Were all cases moved to Nebraska? Because mine still says National Benefits Center?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, jmireles said:

Hello,

Were all cases moved to Nebraska? Because mine still says National Benefits Center?

No, not all I-601a cases were moved to the USCIS office in Nebraska.  Some are still being processed at the National Benefits Center in Missouri.   Regardless, of which office your waiver is currently pending, there isn't anything the applicant can do about it but wait and keep checking your mailbox everyday.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, it was refused in Juarez April 25th 2018, USCIS said they have everything they need now go to Juarez for an interview and agent refused it because she brought her son (minor) 20 years ago, they asked for I-601A/212.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 6/19/2018 at 9:48 PM, tayymay said:

I am sorry for the difficulties you are facing. Your wife was denied when you went to Juarez?

Yes, it was refused in Juarez April 25th 2018, USCIS said they have everything they need now go to Juarez for an interview and agent refused it because she brought her son (minor) 20 years ago, they asked for I-601A/212.

Timeline
On 6/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, Mansini77 said:

No, not all I-601a cases were moved to the USCIS office in Nebraska.  Some are still being processed at the National Benefits Center in Missouri.   Regardless, of which office your waiver is currently pending, there isn't anything the applicant can do about it but wait and keep checking your mailbox everyday.

Just wanted to make sure since I don't have the option to check processing times at NBC through USCIS website. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 3/6/2018 at 9:15 PM, Scajer25 said:

Hello,

I wanted to start a new thread for those of us who just sent in our i60a Wavier packet in 2018. I just received our receipt notice today 3/1 and our case is in the Nebraska Service Center. I have read on other threads that this is something new for 2018? I wish everyone luck and hopefully we can move on to the next part quickly!!!😉😀

Wavier received 2/12/18

Receipt received 3/6/18

Mine was received march 26th and it is for my fiance who was found inadmissible after the k1 visa and looking at the processing times, we don't know when we will get a approval because it has been over 3 months with nothing from the uscis, but his ceac case number and dates kept updating and haven't updated since the last time they got the waiver 1601 not 1601a. 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:56 PM, Gilbert Godoy 91 said:

We submitted everything in February, had Biometric appointment in April. Got i601A Approved today ! Now to the next part which I believe is Juarez Appointment... anyone know what to expect how to prepare 

Congratulations!! Did you use a lawyer or did you do the process by yourself. I have visited and left several lawyers due to their incompetence. I am in the process of doing everything myself. any advice. Thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, AGonzalez said:

Any new approvals?? For 601a

sent ours out in

March

bios in April 

still waiting approval anyone with this timeline? 

We’ve been waiting since February 12, 2018.

This waiting is driving me crazy :wacko:

Hello,

I am new to this thread but have been following along for a couple weeks now and I finally decided to post.

My husbands i601a was submitted on the June 19th and I have not received a receipt in the mail yet .

However, yesterday I received an email from NVC saying that USCIS notified NVC that we filed the i601a.

I'm just not sure if the receipt will come later or if i am just going to wait for the biometrics appt now

Edited by mvdv

Timeline
10 minutes ago, mvdv said:

Hello,

I am new to this thread but have been following along for a couple weeks now and I finally decided to post.

My husbands i601a was submitted on the June 19th and I have not received a receipt in the mail yet .

However, yesterday I received an email from NVC saying that USCIS notified NVC that we filed the i601a.

I'm just not sure if the receipt will come later or if i am just going to wait for the biometrics appt now

My receipt was received 3 weeks after filed and our biometrics was received 3 weeks after that. Sometimes they do things fast and sometimes they do things slow.... 

Here is my timeline for an idea. I think everyone is pretty close to this as well. Good luck!

Filed: 2/12

Reciept received 3/6

Biometrics received 3/24

Bio appt. 4/5

Waiting, waiting, waiting.........:(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.