Lisbeth

Re-entry permit I-131 form information

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I hope you could help me as soon as possible as I can not find any information online. 

I am applying for a Re-entry permit, do i need to include 2 photos or this is only for the other two type of application on this form?? If I need to include the Photos, where do you recommend to take that photos with the thin paper instruction? is that a passport or visa photo that I can take in any walgreens??

Also, on the form there are two fields I can not find out how to complete. Province: I am in Orlando, florida and I dont know if this area have  a province . Postal code: I have 32xxx-60xx  this is the zip code and postal code? is the same information???

I need to arrange an expedite biometric appointment , shall I pay an additional fee for this ? or only mentioning on the envelope they will take that in consideration?

Thanks for all the help I can get from you as usual. 

Have a lovely day!! I love floridaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Timeline

This is what i had in my list when i applied for Re-entry permit I-131:

1. proof of permanent residency status (passport page showing admission as a permanent resident)
  2. two color photos, passport style
  3. the application fee,
  4. the biometrics fee.

As  long as the picture could pass Passport/Visa application (white background - no glasses, face is visible you know the standard when you applied for the US Immigrant/NonImmigrant Visa).

Provice + Postal Code -  i left them blank. Zipcode is the one you need since you are applying from within the  USA.

I am not sure of expedited biometric bit, maybe you can mention that in a letter in the application? Though you can just leave once you have a confirmation USCIS received the application (and the fees are deducted from your bank/check cashed) - but you have to come back for the biometric appointment. 

The thing is that if you have a biometric appointment letter, you can just drop by the center and ask if you can walk in, and explain your situation (showing proofs why you need to get it done ASAP - flights booked etc).

• 4 months later...
On 3/18/2018 at 7:12 AM, Lisbeth said:

Thanks Abum, I will walk in on Monday. I did receive the application receipt from the Uscis offices but I am still waiting for biometrics appointment. 

Cheers!

I am in the same boat... May i know after receiving the receipt letter how long it took you to get the Biometrics appointment letter? And how long it took you to get the Re-entry permit? Thanks

On 8/2/2018 at 10:12 AM, joshsinghvirk said:

I am in the same boat... May i know after receiving the receipt letter how long it took you to get the Biometrics appointment letter? And how long it took you to get the Re-entry permit? Thanks

hi. i think it took around 3 weeks or so.

4 minutes ago, abum said:

I forgot. where can I check that? 

Hmm, you didn't receive your re-entry permit yet? If you want to check which center it went to then you either call USCIS or sign up at USCIS website to track your case. Or you can check on the first letter they sent you.

Which date did you went for your Biometrics?

Edited by joshsinghvirk

Filed: Other Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi All, 

I will write here my experience of Re-entry permit. 

I arrived to US on the 03rd of March 2018, on the 5th of March I submitted my application and paid the fee. 

I received a letter 10 days later that my file was received. As my Re-entry permit reason was Health and I had an appointment with the doctor on an specific day in London, I went to the Biometric centre

with the letter i received and I requested the fingers print to be taken. Even though they asked me to wait and talk to the office manager (and he was not in his best day, I must say) they made everything to help me

and they took my details, fingers print and I was sorted on the 19th of March I was ready to go back to London.

I received a few day later the appointment letter for the 28th of March, I called them and they asked me to ignore the letter.

After a month I received a notification saying that the Re-entry permit was approved and it will go to the US embassy in London. However, up to now it is not listed yet on the Embassy web page as received. 

I hope my explanation help someone. 

Cheers!

Lis

23 hours ago, Lisbeth said:

Hi All, 

I will write here my experience of Re-entry permit. 

I arrived to US on the 03rd of March 2018, on the 5th of March I submitted my application and paid the fee. 

I received a letter 10 days later that my file was received. As my Re-entry permit reason was Health and I had an appointment with the doctor on an specific day in London, I went to the Biometric centre

with the letter i received and I requested the fingers print to be taken. Even though they asked me to wait and talk to the office manager (and he was not in his best day, I must say) they made everything to help me

and they took my details, fingers print and I was sorted on the 19th of March I was ready to go back to London.

I received a few day later the appointment letter for the 28th of March, I called them and they asked me to ignore the letter.

After a month I received a notification saying that the Re-entry permit was approved and it will go to the US embassy in London. However, up to now it is not listed yet on the Embassy web page as received. 

I hope my explanation help someone. 

Cheers!

Lis

Thanks for sharing your experience @Lisbeth

@joshsinghvirk: mine was Nebraska.

I already received my reentry permit at my embassy. 

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.