Rem79

PLEASE HELP! DACA with prior deportation

79 posts in this topic

I have no idea why anything was done.  I'm assuming the I-130 was filed at the suggestion of their lawyer....

DACA has gone away, however for the people who have protections under it, the Congress is "supposed" to be making some decisions around it. 

It's bona fide in terms of things like shared accounts, a mortgage, children, etc.  The kind of stuff that is ICE (or whomever) looks for to legitimize it.  I believe she probably loved him at one point, but no longer.  It's a matter of necessity at this point, IMO.

1 minute ago, mcdull said:

so much for a mistress to insist her boyfriend's marriage is bona fide. Love is blind.

I was thinking that exact same thing as you but I wanted to just stay silent and not risk the criticism.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Rem79 said:

I have no idea why anything was done.  I'm assuming the I-130 was filed at the suggestion of their lawyer....

DACA has gone away, however for the people who have protections under it, the Congress is "supposed" to be making some decisions around it. 

It's bona fide in terms of things like shared accounts, a mortgage, children, etc.  The kind of stuff that is ICE (or whomever) looks for to legitimize it.  I believe she probably loved him at one point, but no longer.  It's a matter of necessity at this point, IMO.

DACA has no connection with his marriage.

Only thing that comes to mind is COR but that seems unlikely.

1 minute ago, mcdull said:

Perhaps we could start a petition so VJ would acquiesce relationship advises?

What we do, longest threads are usually those ones. Not called Visa Judgement for nothing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

You guys must have missed where I said it was bona fide in terms of what they "have together".  That has nothing to do with the absence of love!!  Trust me, I'm not looking for relationship advice from the "high and mighty" keyboard warriors.... was just looking to see if there was something we could do to expedite this process.  Thanks for the snarky responses though.  :jest:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rem79 said:

You guys must have missed where I said it was bona fide in terms of what they "have together".  That has nothing to do with the absence of love!!  Trust me, I'm not looking for relationship advice from the "high and mighty" keyboard warriors.... was just looking to see if there was something we could do to expedite this process.  Thanks for the snarky responses though.  :jest:

What process are you looking to expedite?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

was just looking to see if there was something we could do to expedite this process. 

and you think a public forum is preferable to his attorney's advice?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

1 minute ago, missileman said:

and you think a public forum is preferable to his attorney's advice?  

I was told by friends who have been through this process that this site was more helpful than their attorneys, who they ditched and finished it on their own... so, yes, I was optimistic that someone here may have some additional insight or information!

21 minutes ago, Rem79 said:

Probably...not that the I-130 will actually do anything (unless maybe something is done with DACA to permit them to do AOS).

USCIS IOs review it for AOS (which he cannot do) and COs do it for Consular Processing (in which the 10+ year wait comes into play). Just know that pursuing the process with an active girlfriend/mistress could turn into a nightmare and he would be stuck with no options. I'll probably get in a bit of trouble for saying this, but traditionally men aren't very good at hiding a partner from their wife for long. They catch on. No judgement...just saying that this could explode into something much worse.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

Was looking to see if there was anything that could be done to move from where he is (with the I-130 approval being the most recent hurdle jumped) to whatever is next.

That would be going home and waiting out the ban, down to him.

The information on this site suggests that he can apply for an AOS, if he first applies to obtain a lawful entry by using "advance parole" as a DACA recipient or he obtains a waiver, in which case an immigration attorney is necessary.  

https://citizenpath.com/after-i-130-is-approved-whats-next/

Immediate Relative Inside the United States

Generally, as an Immediate Relative who is inside the United States, you have the option of “adjusting status” to a permanent resident. (Although it is possible for Family Preference immigrants to adjust status, it is less common due to the wait times associated with the categories.)

Adjustment of Status

An individual that wants to change his or her non-immigrant status to immigrant or permanent resident status (green card holder) uses a process called Adjustment of status (AOS). Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is the primary form used in an adjustment of status (AOS) application. 

Although additional factors will be considered before approval an AOS application, the three fundamental requirements to adjust status require that you must:

• Be physically present in the United States.
  • Have an approved alien petition. 
  • Have a lawful entry to the United States.

what happens after i-130 is approvedLawful entry means that the individual was admitted or paroled into the United States. For most people, this generally means that you entered the United States with valid documentation and made face to face contact with a U.S. immigration officer and that officer acknowledged your entry to the United States. If you entered with a valid visa, but that visa has since expired, you still had a lawful entry. DACA recipients that initially entered the U.S. without inspection with their parents can obtain a lawful entry by using advance parole. For other individuals that have an unlawful entry but otherwise meet the requirements to adjust status, a waiver may be available. For waiver cases, the guidance of an immigration attorney is highly recommended.

Edited by Rem79

6 minutes ago, Rem79 said:

I was told by friends who have been through this process that this site was more helpful than their attorneys, who they ditched and finished it on their own... so, yes, I was optimistic that someone here may have some additional insight or information!

We are usually a lot more helpful than lawyers in a lot of cases. But this is also a public forum so expect the criticism that comes with that. You brought into this thread the personal aspect of it relationship wise so that is why people are commenting on that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.