TBoneTX

July 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

820 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, D and T said:

Did someone call my name? :P

The NVC assigns case numbers and then sends the case on to the embassy. You can't do anything without that MTL number.

Once you receive your case number, you'll still have to wait for the embassy to send you Packet 3, which carries a link to the checklist of documents to start gathering. Once you have those gathered, you print out the checklist, tick off each applicable document you've gathered, sign and scan that checklist, and email the scan to the embassy along with the link to your DS160 confirmation page and a colour scan of your passport bio page.

After a few days or so, the embassy will send Packet 4 which has a link to their payment processing site. Then you can proceed with paying your visa fee, book your interview  and then your medical appointment.

You must be getting close to getting your NOA2. How exciting!!  Best of luck to you both! :)

Awwww thanks a lot @D and T  

🙁🙁 hmmm waiting for NOA2 

i don't know 🤷🏻‍♀️ when they are updating my case 😓😓😓 i want to be prepared for the next steps too 😬😬 so much wait time 😐😐 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, D and T said:

Did someone call my name? :P

The NVC assigns case numbers and then sends the case on to the embassy. You can't do anything without that MTL number.

Once you receive your case number, you'll still have to wait for the embassy to send you Packet 3, which carries a link to the checklist of documents to start gathering. Once you have those gathered, you print out the checklist, tick off each applicable document you've gathered, sign and scan that checklist, and email the scan to the embassy along with the link to your DS160 confirmation page and a colour scan of your passport bio page.

After a few days or so, the embassy will send Packet 4 which has a link to their payment processing site. Then you can proceed with paying your visa fee, book your interview  and then your medical appointment.

You must be getting close to getting your NOA2. How exciting!!  Best of luck to you both! :)

Awwwwwwww

thanks a lot 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 

Bit relaxed 😌 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shav said:

Awwww thanks a lot @D and T  

🙁🙁 hmmm waiting for NOA2 

i don't know 🤷🏻‍♀️ when they are updating my case 😓😓😓 i want to be prepared for the next steps too 😬😬 so much wait time 😐😐 

OH God I know. So many of us have suffered the same! We all feel for you. Trust me, all delayed  filers know how wretched it is to wait in the dark.

At least we have each other here.

Have hope!  They'll get to you. Hang on.

(F)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline

@D and T   Let’s discuss about the 

INTERVIEW BOOKING WAIT 

currently how much time we have to wait to book an interview??  MONTREAL 😌

approximately how much time it will take from NOA2 ~~~~~ INTERVIEW?? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shav said:

CONGRATULATIONS 💃🏻  🎉 🎈 

@marinapoli 😍

Thanks!!!!!! Did you talk to your congressperson? I think that was what helped us get off this limbo. And good luck everyone!!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Shav said:

@D and T   Let’s discuss about the 

INTERVIEW BOOKING WAIT 

currently how much time we have to wait to book an interview??  MONTREAL 😌

approximately how much time it will take from NOA2 ~~~~~ INTERVIEW?? 

The Montreal consulate is booking about three weeks out these days. This could change at any time though, so best to be prepared if necessary.

NOA2 to interview depends on how quickly the USCIS ships cases to the NVC, and how quickly the NVC is processing them. Only a month or so ago, it was taking six weeks from NOA2 to NVC but it seems to be going much more quickly these days. I recommend checking out some timelines of some June and later filers and see what you can find out from that.

From what I've gathered, once the NVC case number is assigned, it can go relatively quickly from NVC to embassy. There've been some burps and bumps though, and individual cases can experience variations for who knows what reason.  :rolleyes:  Unexplained delays or bottlenecks maybe, and then holidays always seem to gum up the works as well. Even bad weather can affect things. So seems like it's best to try to be ready for more waiting.

Then, after the NVC sends the case to the embassy, it seems to depend on how quickly the  particular embassy  processes cases, which can vary widely.  It's better to always try to find reports about your own embassy, either on this site or elsewhere, to try to get an idea what you're dealing with, both with their specific procedures and their timelines.

Hope that helps! :)

• April  ?? 2015  - Met on Xbox
  • June 09 2016  - Met in person
  • May  30 2017  - Mailed I-129F
  • June 02 2017  - Case received
  • June 06 2017  - NOA1
  • Dec.  19 2017  - NOA2 (200 days)
  • Jan.  24 2018  -  NVC Received
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  NVC Case No.
  • Feb.  02 2018  -  Consulate Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Received
  • Feb.  09 2018  -  Packet 3 Sent
  • Feb.  13 2018  -  Packet 4 Received
  • Feb.  20 2018  -  Medical
  • Mar.  07 2018  -  Interview: APPROVED
  • Mar.  13 2018  -  VOH
  • Mar.  26 2018  -  POE (300 days)
  • Mar.  27 2018  -  Applied for SSN
  • May  30 2018  -  Received SSN
  • June 14 2018  -  Married
  • July  06 2018  -  Mailed AOS packet
  • July  12 2018  AOS NOA1
  • Aug. 01 2018  -  Biometrics

Reviews for Us Consulate for Canada in Montreal:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&cty=&dfilter=5

Review for Dr. Mascarenhas Visa Medical in Toronto:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578194-review-of-medical-dr-lyndon-mascarenhas/?tab=comments#comment-9044504

Timeline
2 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

Thanks!!!!!! Did you talk to your congressperson? I think that was what helped us get off this limbo. And good luck everyone!!!!

Ummm like u mean TIER 2 ???

or somebody else? 

We called but i will wait other 2 days then will call again....

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Shav said:

Ummm like u mean TIER 2 ???

or somebody else? 

We called but i will wait other 2 days then will call again....

No, I mean your congressperson. We found out who it was based on our address, rang them, went to their office and they made an official inquiry on our case at USCIS 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Timeline
33 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

No, I mean your congressperson. We found out who it was based on our address, rang them, went to their office and they made an official inquiry on our case at USCIS 

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

Wow 

😮 how come i dn knw about this service lol

btw thanks i will for sure find out .

and after making enquiry what they did about case like how they informed you.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Shav said:

Wow 

😮 how come i dn knw about this service lol

btw thanks i will for sure find out .

and after making enquiry what they did about case like how they informed you.

My fiancé called his congresswoman, told her he filled for a fiancé visa and had been waiting for 210 days, and USCIS  were already processing August cases and all they told us was that they were waiting for background check, and asked if congresswoman could inquire on his behalf. Then he went to their office, signed a paper, they rang USCIS, rang us back and said that they inquired and USCIS responded our case was with an officer, and it would have the congressional stamp on it because of the inquiry and they would let them know of any next step. Next day, Congresswan forwarded us USCIS email, which was pretty similar to the one we got after our inquiry, except it was addressed to a congresswoman and said the same thing they told us by phone. A few days later, approved! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

My fiancé called his congresswoman, told her he filled for a fiancé visa and had been waiting for 210 days, and USCIS  were already processing August cases and all they told us was that they were waiting for background check, and asked if congresswoman could inquire on his behalf. Then he went to their office, signed a paper, they rang USCIS, rang us back and said that they inquired and USCIS responded our case was with an officer, and it would have the congressional stamp on it because of the inquiry and they would let them know of any next step. Next day, Congresswan forwarded us USCIS email, which was pretty similar to the one we got after our inquiry, except it was addressed to a congresswoman and said the same thing they told us by phone. A few days later, approved! 

Wow 

nice 😍💃🏻

Congratulations again 🎉🎉🎉 

2 minutes ago, Pat&Rose said:

After 215days noa2 approved!!

march5,18 thanks @Naes , 

wats next thing t0 do???

NVC - (603)-334-0700

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Pat&Rose said:

After 215days noa2 approved!!

march5,18 thanks @Naes , 

wats next thing t0 do???

Nice! Congratz!!

I was wondering who was left in July besides Faisal1 and I.

@Naes Do you have a current list of the lonely July peeps still waiting for NOA2

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.