Mzlin35

I-130 March 2018 filers [merged threads]

2,480 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello there, I sent my husbands packet yesterday by usps with tracking to the Chicago lockbox and I Can’t wait for the first sign of movement. I’m praying for smooth sailing with no RFE. We submitted pictures, a joint lease, western union money transfers and a birth certificate of our daughter together. I’m hoping our child alone will prove that our marriage is indeed legit. However, I Wish I would’ve submitted my plane tickets for trips to Mexico though... Bummer.

Good luck to us all!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
17 hours ago, Mozambiquepaul said:

No one else filing a I-130 in March?   Hopefully that means mine goes quicker ;) 

Hello, I found another post by searching “ March 2018 filers” but it looks like there aren’t that many of us, hopefully it does go by fast. Maybe I’ll search for February just to be nosey. Anywho, i submitted my husbands packet yesterday to the Chicago lockbox, can’t wait to recieve my 1st noa. Good luck !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Jasmine&Julio said:

Hello there, I sent my husbands packet yesterday by usps with tracking to the Chicago lockbox and I Can’t wait for the first sign of movement. I’m praying for smooth sailing with no RFE. We submitted pictures, a joint lease, western union money transfers and a birth certificate of our daughter together. I’m hoping our child alone will prove that our marriage is indeed legit. However, I Wish I would’ve submitted my plane tickets for trips to Mexico though... Bummer.

Good luck to us all!!!

Alright let the countdown begin!! It took exactly one week for me to get notification that it was accepted. And don't worry about what you didn't get to add, because at the next stage you can add more evidence! So keep copies of whatever you want to add to your next packet. Keep us updated, we are in this together!

Good luck to you 😍

Timeline
22 hours ago, sammy272 said:

For all I've read, Potomac is the fastest along with Vermont. Ppl getting approved 5/6 months. Lucky you. We're expecting our noa1 this week.

My wife just got a message from USCIS stating that the case was received.  we're excited but how do we know which service center our packet was sent to. The receipt # starts with SRC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mozambique
Timeline

Got our NOA1 and sent to Texas. 

AOS

10/13 Package mailed (Day 1)

11/04 NOA letter (Day 22) 

11/18 Biometrics appointment letter received. Bio Date of 12/2 (Day 36)

12/02 Biometrics taken (Day 50)

01/13 EAD approved via USCIS webpage (AP was never updated on web) (Day 92)

01/17 AP approved via NOA in mail  (never got written NOA for EAD in mail) (Day 96)

01/18 EAD Card Mailed (Day 97)

01/20 Combo Card received in Mail  (Day 99)

Timeline
39 minutes ago, sammy272 said:

My wife just got a message from USCIS stating that the case was received.  we're excited but how do we know which service center our packet was sent to. The receipt # starts with SRC

You should have gotten an email as well. The service center is in the email. But I think it's Texas 😊

Edited by Mzlin35

Timeline
33 minutes ago, TXS said:

Sent ours out last Thursday, got NOA1 today. Sent to Nebraska. Someone please tell me the NSC isn't as slow as I have read! 

Weeellll....I think right now Texas is the slowest but nebraska is pretty slow I hear. I'm sorry! But silver lining is that it gives you plenty of time to prepare for the next steps! 😊 And things can always change, so just stay busy with other things and keep the faith. All will be well and we are in there with you. 

Timeline
On 14/03/2018 at 9:00 AM, Mzlin35 said:

You should have gotten an email as well. The service center is in the email. But I think it's Texas 😊

No email yet. Just official receipt notice ( form I-797) to follow in mail. Are we good still??

Edited by sammy272

Timeline
1 hour ago, sammy272 said:

No email yet. Just official receipt notice ( form I-797) to follow in mail. Are we good still??

Yeah I've read that it happens sometimes. As long as you got a text saying it was accepted all should be well. 

On 3/14/2018 at 6:19 PM, Bic said:

sent off my i-130 package today for my husband hoping that all goes well...... hello everyone

same for me! Submitted my wife's 2 days ago. Nervously excited to see how long it takes for the I130 to get approved!

Received our NOA1 on 15 March 2018. Our applications is being dealt with by the Nebraska SC. Hope all goes well for everyone and now we just have to play the waiting game. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.