TBoneTX

August 2017 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,840 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
17 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

hey guys, quick question :)

NVC  got our case March 15, is it too early to call them and ask for the case #?

i've seen some post that it'll take up to 8weeks for them to assign a case #. how true? 

thanks in advance :)

I got mine on the 9th and called NVC today.  They did say that they had not received it yet but said I could call back when ever I wanted - such a refreshing change from the USCIS people!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, C.&A. said:

hey guys, quick question :)

NVC  got our case March 15, is it too early to call them and ask for the case #?

i've seen some post that it'll take up to 8weeks for them to assign a case #. how true? 

thanks in advance :)

I'll say it's kinda early.
Give them 2 weeks, then call everyday if you want.
Most cases are coming in at 14-21 days. With a few maybe at 12 days. I had mine at 16 days.

Yes, it can take "up to 8 weeks" if you're on the electronic system like @Xie_xong but that rarely happens either.
Congratulations on your approval tho!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Xie_xong said:

thank you guys.. to be honest i was freaking out when i heard the word special lol....i hope so it will not be a long wait. Is there any thread for ELECTRONIC GROUP? lol

I don't think there's a thread. That's kinda an embassy specific thing.
Give them a few more days and then feel free to call everyday if you want.

It's NVC folks- they are much happier than the customer service at USCIS :jest:

3 hours ago, Vholde346 said:

They’ve changed the date from the 16th to the 21st. Frustrating

2958C5E4-B96F-48FB-B7E1-198E650F6D2C.png

Oh... maybe good news. At least something was touched. More than a couple times we have seen good news soon after something a little odd happens like that :)

Hoping its Good news!!!

14 minutes ago, RevGreen said:

Day 10 of waiting on RFE approval :(

When did they receive it?  They received my response to rfe 3/15 and still no update that they received it yet :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Pedro0319 said:

When did they receive it?  They received my response to rfe 3/15 and still no update that they received it yet :(

The marked the online tracking to say my response was received about 5 days after I sent the package.

Timeline
1 hour ago, RevGreen said:

Day 10 of waiting on RFE approval :(

Keep in mind USCIS says RFEs can take up to 60 days
The average is about 30 days around here in VJ but recently it's been about 2 weeks.

So be patient! It's not yet time to get worried since it's only been 10 days.
It's coming. Hopefully by the end of the week :D

So of course none of us have any control on uscis processing time but here's the thing: my fiance and I agreed that I should continue my studies (I'm the beneficiary) so I applied to school in the US and got accepted yay! Classes start beginning of august 2018 and we are both thrilled that everything went fine with the school. But now we are  frustrated not only with the crazy processing times but also we are  worried that perhaps I won't be able to attend to school this year since we haven't heard anything about noa2 yet (not to say that after that there's still medical, interview, etc).

So,

i know we are all worried here lol and not pleased with uscis processing time lol, but the way things are going, do you guys think it's possible for all august fillers to be over with the entire process by end of may/beginning of june? I'm thinking if my fiance and I should keep our hopes of me attending school in august. Any thoughts on that?

Btw, we filled August 31 and received Noa1 September 5. Nothing after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 hours ago, Xie_xong said:

Hi everyone! We are currently waiting for our Case No and my chosen embassy is UAE. We tried calling NVC 12 working days after our NOA2 date. The first agent at NVC said our case is at NVC already but he doesn’t have the permission to access the progress of our case. The first agent then have us transfered to another NVC agent for further info. Now, the 2nd agent told us that ours is a special case because it needs to be done electronically and further told us that some cases doesn’t need to be done electronically and would wait up until 8 weeks. Should that be a concern? TIA 

i heard the same today. don't worry

8/7/2017                    NOA-1

3/1/2018                    NOA-2

3/15/2018                  NVC case received

3/22/2018                  NVC case assigned

3/23/2018                  Consulate ready

4/11/2018                  Medical

4/17/2018                  Visa Approved

4/24/2018                  Visa on hand

5/23/2018                  Point of Entry ATL

5/24/2018                  Marriage license, officiant and certificate / applied for SS#

5/31/2018                  AOS/AP/EAD

6/7/2018                    email notification of NOA-1

6/11/2018                  NOA-1 hard copies for AOS/EAD/AP

6/27/2018                  Biometrics for AOS/EAD

7/7/2018                    ready to be scheduled for interview

7/11/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (email from USCIS)

8/22/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (same email again)

9/5/2018                     We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is getting boring!!!)

10/3/2018                  We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time (this is insanity, 4th time while some got GC)

10/17/2018                After 136 days of wait in HELL, finally EAD in production

10/21/2018                Card was mailed to me, and yes it said so on a Sunday night, while Vj-ing

10/22/2018                Card was picked up by the USPS

10/24/2018                EAD in hand. F%^&& finally

12/28/2018                Interview has been scheduled. Waiting for notification with date by snail mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey all! We got a RFE this week and I'm confused as how to respond. I'm going to call them but was hoping someone could give some insight.

It says we need more proof as to how we established our relationship and they also want forms to prove the site we met on isn't considered an international  marriage broker. We met on a random chat that connected to hundreds of different sites and doesn't even exist anymore (It was almost 6yrs ago). Any advice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
58 minutes ago, LexiAnn said:

Hey all! We got a RFE this week and I'm confused as how to respond. I'm going to call them but was hoping someone could give some insight.

It says we need more proof as to how we established our relationship and they also want forms to prove the site we met on isn't considered an international  marriage broker. We met on a random chat that connected to hundreds of different sites and doesn't even exist anymore (It was almost 6yrs ago). Any advice?

You could try using http://archive.org/web/ to demonstrate it isn't. Take a look, see if you can access the archived website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.