julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

Well, the Filipino schedule is just a little different than the US schedule.  They can never be late if they never say when they will be done.

Yeah I know right and they actually have a name for it: Juan Time. That means that they won't be ON TIME but they will be JUAN TIME. So make sure she gets extra things like birth certificates for her and the kids.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi all, happy almost Friday!  Question - did you have to submit your email addresses again to NVC, or do they already have that info from the I-129 documents? I submitted the email form back then but not sure if everything rolls over to NVC

Edited by AbenaKofi

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

14 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah I know right and they actually have a name for it: Juan Time. That means that they won't be ON TIME but they will be JUAN TIME. So make sure she gets extra things like birth certificates for her and the kids.

I believe she has the long form PSA birth certificates, police certificates, annulment and divorce paperwork, copies of the passport bio pages, my tax returns...  I think we are OK but there is always that blinking light in the back of my head making me think we are missing something.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

11 minutes ago, AbenaKofi said:

Hi all, happy almost Friday!  Question - did you have to submit your email addresses again to NVC, or do they already have that info from the I-129 documents? I submitted the email form back then but not sure if everything rolls over to NVC

That is a great question.  I have had updates without notice from NVC but I am also listed as "RFE response received" at USCIS...  LOL

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I believe she has the long form PSA birth certificates, police certificates, annulment and divorce paperwork, copies of the passport bio pages, my tax returns...  I think we are OK but there is always that blinking light in the back of my head making me think we are missing something.

It was like that with me as well don't worry. Just make a list of everything you need then once that is done check off what you have. Once that list is checked off complete you will make yourself feel better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I called the NVC today after 15 days (NOA2: 3/7/2018), they were nice and told me the usual 6 week waiting time but "please feel free to call as often as you'd like".  Nice ladies so far.

I did notice that on the USCIS website, when i put my receipt number, it's STILL listed as "my case was received" i.e. NOA1... I got my hardcopy over a week ago but the online system still isn't showing anything.  Anyone ever heard of this?

2 minutes ago, Corgi11 said:

Just received the email with our case number!!! Just waiting for the consulate to receive our stuff! :D

Congrats! Were you option 5 or option 7 when calling NVC?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Corgi11 said:

Just received the email with our case number!!! Just waiting for the consulate to receive our stuff! :D

Wow congratulations.

Your noa2 and mine only different a day.

Hope mine soon.

Thank u so much for updateting to us

:wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

Hello, Jo! Open the link posted above. It might answer your questions. I advice you to call NVC if you want to get your case number faster. ;)

You are my hero! This is a great help thank you 😊 

1 hour ago, enfinity83 said:

I called the NVC today after 15 days (NOA2: 3/7/2018), they were nice and told me the usual 6 week waiting time but "please feel free to call as often as you'd like".  Nice ladies so far.

I did notice that on the USCIS website, when i put my receipt number, it's STILL listed as "my case was received" i.e. NOA1... I got my hardcopy over a week ago but the online system still isn't showing anything.  Anyone ever heard of this?

I am still at "RFE Response Received" at USCIS but I already have my MNL# from NVC.  I believe I've heard of people with VOH that are still listed as "received".  

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
27 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I am still at "RFE Response Received" at USCIS but I already have my MNL# from NVC.  I believe I've heard of people with VOH that are still listed as "received".  

OK good whew.  Just as long as there's no mix up with the paperwork, haha.

You just don't know what to trust!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, enfinity83 said:

Called NVC too and no case number (NOA2: 3/2/2018). I asked if there was any way they could expedite it since I need to schedule my interview but they said no. 

I don't think they are very happy with me but I was so impatient, specially since there are late Feb NCV ppl that filled a month after me, got approved before, and now are able to schedule interviews and I'm not. Boooooo this process sucks 

13 hours ago, LarisaXoX said:

NVC received my case on 3/16 and I'm still waiting

Hopefully we'll have our case numbers soon...Everytime I read "NVC received" I always think of it as "AT NVC" in CEAC website and I don't know why. :blink::D

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Timeline
36 minutes ago, marinapoli said:

Called NVC too and no case number (NOA2: 3/2/2018). I asked if there was any way they could expedite it since I need to schedule my interview but they said no. 

I don't think they are very happy with me but I was so impatient, specially since there are late Feb NCV ppl that filled a month after me, got approved before, and now are able to schedule interviews and I'm not. Boooooo this process sucks 

it's kinda weird how they arrive at different times.  i've seen some cases where the NOA is 3/2/2018 and NVC got their cases in 13 days, and got a case number 1 day later.  so inconsistent!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.