yadimarie

NVC Letter Notification vs NVC Call Center - Case not showing same info

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

I recently called NVC to get status of my husband 's and step-daughter's visa interview in Honduras. We had received notification via email on Feb 14, 2018 from the NVC that my husband's case completed (official CC date is Feb 6) and was now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment, awesome news. Now for my step-daughter a different scenario. Back in November 2017 we received an email requesting to re-submit an approved police report from DPI in Honduras. The police report submitted is the exactly the same police report we submitted for my husbands case whos case has been completed. Our attorney followed up with NVC and advised us that everything is ok not to worry. Since my husband's case is completed, I decided to call NVC to see if he has been assigned an interview and to check the status of my step-daughters case. Well  per NVC call center, no interview for him yet  and for her they are still waiting for the acceptable police record. OMG!!! Called our attorney, who doesn't like me calling NVC but I don't care, and asked him what's going on. He told me he doesn't know what NVC call center is talking about because he has the email/letter confirmation that her case is also completed. My attorney forwarded the email to me and it's the same exact letter that we received for my husband stating that she is in queue for an interview. The email/confirmation was issued Feb 1, 2018 before my husband''s letter. So I called again this morning the NVC Call Center letting them know that we received the letter for her dating Feb 1 and that she is in queue and they say to disregard that letter that the police record is still pending. :ranting: How is this possible? What should we do??

Edited by yadimarie

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Does it state anywhere in the letter that she can take it to the interview once it's scheduled. If not I would recommend you send them another copy of the police certificate

Timeline

Nope... the email with attached letter just says that NVC has received all required documentation and that she is in queue for an interview appt. When calling the call center is when they are requesting another police certificate. Whats confusing is that its the same police certificate format that we sent for my husband that they acknowledge he is completed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I would say call NVC and ask to speak to a supervisor. I had a similar situation where I received a case completed email stating my mom was in queue for interview, but they also sent another email (checklist) stating I was missing a w2 form but to bring that with her to interview

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
On 3/1/2018 at 8:33 PM, zee19 said:

I would say call NVC and ask to speak to a supervisor. I had a similar situation where I received a case completed email stating my mom was in queue for interview, but they also sent another email (checklist) stating I was missing a w2 form but to bring that with her to interview

Do you have an interview date I still waiting for my it has been an nightmare got cc on March 15 don't know how long will take to get my appointment in Honduras

9 hours ago, BBCARD said:

We have been up for an appointment since Dec. 27th.  I'm getting frustrated with all the waiting.  I have called several times and they just tell me the same thing, that we have to wait for them to schedule.

Which consulate are you waiting on?  Why is your timeline not completed?  Please take the time to fill it in with the correct dates and information.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/1/2018 at 9:36 PM, yadimarie said:

Will do, muchos thanks!!

On 3/1/2018 at 9:17 PM, yadimarie said:

Nope... the email with attached letter just says that NVC has received all required documentation and that she is in queue for an interview appt. When calling the call center is when they are requesting another police certificate. Whats confusing is that its the same police certificate format that we sent for my husband that they acknowledge he is completed. 

Did you get an interview date yet? I have not even got a case number yet.... so frustrating!

Timeline
5 hours ago, Chalanero21 said:

Did you get an interview date yet? I have not even got a case number yet.... so frustrating!

No, our cc date is Feb 6 and hoping that we are going to be scheduled on the next round of interviews. Good luck.

Timeline
On 4/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, A + L said:

We need an updated Police report from Tegucigalpa. My husbands expired in March. Anyone know how many days it takes to receive the police report? 

it takes about 3-5 days. and you should get a recent one, on Tegucigalpa there is 60 percent chance that consular officer will ask for a recent one if is older than 3 months. Be better safe than sorry. It is not really expensive and you probably know this but is the one from DPI in Tegucigalpa.

Timeline
On 3/24/2018 at 11:23 PM, BBCARD said:

We have been up for an appointment since Dec. 27th.  I'm getting frustrated with all the waiting.  I have called several times and they just tell me the same thing, that we have to wait for them to schedule.

Any updates in your time line since dec 27th? have you got an interview.?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.