LolaaBrett

March 2018 AOS Filers

1,164 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just got my EAD/AP combo card! Phew - one less thing to worry about. I have a month long trip planned from July 15 - Aug 15. Any tips of traveling with the AP card?

My I-485 case also got transferred to the NBC. I'm a little bit worried interview will come in the month I'm away, but I doubt it will come that fast right? How much time in advance does the government give before interview date? A month? Two?

Best of luck to everyone!

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, saara said:

Just got my EAD/AP combo card! Phew - one less thing to worry about. I have a month long trip planned from July 15 - Aug 15. Any tips of traveling with the AP card?

My I-485 case also got transferred to the NBC. I'm a little bit worried interview will come in the month I'm away, but I doubt it will come that fast right? How much time in advance does the government give before interview date? A month? Two?

Best of luck to everyone!

Expedite? Employment based?

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
29 minutes ago, saara said:

no expedite -  it arrived after 86 days from date of receipt. I'm employment based - EB2.

Thanks. 86 days for an EB2 crazy times. Congrats.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

FINALLY I’m done with AOS 😁😁 Had my Interview this morning. The officer only asked fewww questions from the form, she took my health insurance copy, joint bank account and apartment lease copy and just 5 pictures. :)) Then she said she approved my case and just told me to wait for my greencard :)) 

Goodluck everyone! 💕💕💕

17 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

FINALLY I’m done with AOS 😁😁 Had my Interview this morning. The officer only asked fewww questions from the form, she took my health insurance copy, joint bank account and apartment lease copy and just 5 pictures. :)) Then she said she approved my case and just told me to wait for my greencard :)) 

Goodluck everyone! 💕💕💕

Congrats!!! Can you share your timeline please? I need just a glimmer of hope right now. Been awaiting my EAD since filing in March and hoping I get my interview soon 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, momofboys2018 said:

Congrats!!! Can you share your timeline please? I need just a glimmer of hope right now. Been awaiting my EAD since filing in March and hoping I get my interview soon 

March 1, 2018

Packet sent

March 2, 2018

Received 

March 14, 2018

Notice date

March 17, 2018

Received hardcopies

March 23, 2018

Received bio appointment 

April 4, 2018

Biometrics 

April 11, 2018 

Biometrics review completed 

April 18, 2018

Ready to be scheduled for an interview 

May 14, 2018

Interview is scheduled (74 Days)

May 19, 2018

Interview appointment received 

June 18, 2018

Interview (Approved on the spot)

Goodluck💕

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Yzabelle said:

March 1, 2018

Packet sent

March 2, 2018

Received 

March 14, 2018

Notice date

March 17, 2018

Received hardcopies

March 23, 2018

Received bio appointment 

April 4, 2018

Biometrics 

April 11, 2018 

Biometrics review completed 

April 18, 2018

Ready to be scheduled for an interview 

May 14, 2018

Interview is scheduled (74 Days)

May 19, 2018

Interview appointment received 

June 18, 2018

Interview (Approved on the spot)

Goodluck💕

Congrats.....that was incredibly fast. 

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline

Update: Status online changed to NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED..💕

2 hours ago, T_P said:

Congrats.....that was incredibly fast. 

Thank you!

Timeline

Hey guys, just a quick question.

I had my biometrics done on 04/10, and that was the last that I heard about my case.

The case status online is still we received your case.

Should I be worried about it?

Should I call the USCIS?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, swsslfn said:

Hey guys, just a quick question.

I had my biometrics done on 04/10, and that was the last that I heard about my case.

The case status online is still we received your case.

Should I be worried about it?

Should I call the USCIS?

Thanks 

I'm literally in the same boat as you are. Biometrics was April 9 and nothing but case received for EAD, and that my case is in line for interview for I485. I expect a job offer this week and I plan to to an expedite request for my EAD. It doesn't matter to me how long the actual green card takes, but financially I NEED to work ASAP and need my EAD

Timeline
On 6/16/2018 at 2:58 PM, Diego&Dianna said:

Our interview is coming up on Tuesday. The nerves are starting to kick in lol. Has anyone here had their interview yet?!

You will be fine......Good luck

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Diego&Dianna said:

Hey guys! We had our AOS interview today at the Chicago Field Office. It was pretty packed there, we had our interview about an hour after our actual appointment time. We had our attorney with us as well. The immigration officer asked us just about every question you can think of. She went through every single detail/question on the form. Most, if not all the questions were directed towards him. She asked him his name and date/country of birth, she asked him for my name, my date of birth, my birth location, my daughter's name, her date of birth, where she was born. She also asked for my daughter's birth certificate to prove it is not his kid for some reason. She asked him how and when he entered the country this time around, she wanted the exact dates and airports. She then asked him for his current passport and all previous passports, thank God we brought those with us. She asked me only for my state ID or driver's license, I provided her with my driver's license. She asked him about his previous visits to the country and how he entered the country previously before coming here on the K1 visa. She also asked him about a previous student visa he applied for a couple years ago and to me it seemed like she was a bit suspicious on that. She asked him what family he had here as well. She also asked for an original of my divorce certificate since I was married once before my current marriage. She then asked if we had anything further info we wanted to provide so we gave her the typical stuff, our leases, insurance, etc. She didn't take any of our pictures and we came equipped with a huge photo album lol. After we gave her those documents she directed only two questions towards me which were to explain how we met and how many times we visited each other since we did long distance for a long time. After that she did not say anything about us being approved or denied. She gave us a paper saying the case will be held for further review. So we're kind of down because we were somewhat expecting to get approved on the spot since others here have stated that but we're staying positive since she seemed friendly at the end and cracked a couple of jokes about how we met (tinder lol..) Hopefully we'll get an approval as soon as possible. Case status online does not say anything. fingers crossed! 

Geez!!!!....this looked like an interrogation!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.