Ranshim

DV2019: Questions

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

So I've applied for DV2019 and the result is coming on May now don't think that I'm just overhyped or something but I just have a few questions in my mind...

1. If i haven't traveled anywhere I mean if there's no tattoo on my passport am I still qualified for this program?

2. Do I have to submit my bank statements?  If so is there any requirements?

3. I didn't do my high school but I've completed my secondary school and I have few diplomas in it and i have more than 2 years of experience in graphic designing and printing. So the questions do you think I'm qualified enough?

That's all the questions I've got in mind for now.

Looking forward for answers :)

Thanks

1. Get selected first before you start asking questions. (Although, I don’t know what you mean by secondary school rather than high school but if you don’t have the equivalent of a US high school diploma you don’t qualify and your work experience doesn’t sound qualifying. You should have checked this before you entered...)

2. At this stage we don’t even know if there will be a DV2019 draw, if the current administration gets its way DV will be scrapped after DV2018.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ranshim said:

3. I didn't do my high school but I've completed my secondary school..

What do you mean by this because high school and secondary school mean the same thing.

AOS from F1

11/13/2014: Concurrent filing of forms I-130, I-485, and I-765 at Chicago Lockbox

11/18/2014: NOA 1

12/11/2014: Biometric Appointment

01/16/2015: NOA 2

02/27/2015: Employment Authorization Card Received

02/27/2015: Interview

03/09/2015: Green Card Received

12 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

1. Get selected first before you start asking questions. (Although, I don’t know what you mean by secondary school rather than high school but if you don’t have the equivalent of a US high school diploma you don’t qualify and your work experience doesn’t sound qualifying. You should have checked this before you entered...)

2. At this stage we don’t even know if there will be a DV2019 draw, if the current administration gets its way DV will be scrapped after DV2018.

I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure of few things that's all.

I think there's primary school > secondary school and then high school 

3 hours ago, teshah said:

What do you mean by this because high school and secondary school mean the same thing.

Well let's just say I didn't qualify for high school 

Last year nearly 15m people entered the lottery, over 23m including derivatives. 115k including derivatives got selected. It really is not worth spending time in detailed discussion about anything until you’ve been selected.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2018 at 4:58 AM, teshah said:

Some places in the world (like middle east] we have elementary, secondary then high school.

the high school period is 3 years, but the 3rd year is the most important (and most consider it THE high school)

so if he is not qualifying for high school, he should be getting work experience with SVP 7 or higher 

Mohammad Saeed

HVAC Operations Manager

http://www.mohdsaeed.ae

8 hours ago, Mohd_NazmiSaeed said:

Some places in the world (like middle east] we have elementary, secondary then high school.

the high school period is 3 years, but the 3rd year is the most important (and most consider it THE high school)

Thank you for the explanation! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.