udi lax

My Passport Returned and Case under Administrative Process

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Went for my dv interview on 20 feb 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. After the interview I was told that everything is ok but was given back my Passport and a Yellow letter, saying that my case was under administrative Process and that they will contact me after the process, if there would not be any issue with my case they will ask me to send my passport to the embassy for Visa APPROVAL. kindly help! my medical is expiring in April and i fear the administrative process could take a long time thus forcing me to undergo repeat medical test. Asked the interviewer how long the process would take and he said weeks but on the letter it says the the process could take 90 days.

Did the interviewer give you any reason as to why you were placed on AP? Is there a particular box ticked on the yellow letter? It’s really difficult to have any idea how long it will take, but having some idea of why might help (for example if they need to confirm an education qualification it should take much less time than something to do with a background check). They do see to try speed up for DV cases as they approach fiscal year end, but it can still take some time. The letter would just be a standard letter so what the guy told you in person is probably a bit more reliable.

its unclear to me why your medical expires in April if you only just did your interview? Normally the medical is done shortly before interview but you seem to have done yours 4 months ago. Was there an issue initially that resulted in a delayed interview?

and yes if your medical expires before the visa is issued, you would need to do it again. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

The interviewer never gave me a reason for AP, no box was ticked. my medical was on hold for sputum test , i had to reschedule my interview date it took time before i got an interview date thus the delay and medical almost expiring.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Did the interviewer give you any reason as to why you were placed on AP? Is there a particular box ticked on the yellow letter? It’s really difficult to have any idea how long it will take, but having some idea of why might help (for example if they need to confirm an education qualification it should take much less time than something to do with a background check). They do see to try speed up for DV cases as they approach fiscal year end, but it can still take some time.

its unclear to me why your medical expires in April if you only just did your interview? Normally the medical is done shortly before interview but you seem to have done yours 4 months ago. Was there an issue initially that resulted in a delayed interview?

and yes if your medical expires before the visa is issued, you would need to do it again. 

The interviewer never gave me a reason for AP, no box was ticked. my medical was on hold for sputum test , i had to reschedule my interview date it took time before i got an interview date thus the delay and medical almost expiring.

30 minutes ago, udi lax said:

what do the boxes A B and C mean when they are ticked.

what does the form say next to the boxes? The AP letters/forms aren't always the same at different embassies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, udi lax said:

There is nothing written next to the boxes

Can you upload a scan of the letter you received in this thread so we can see it and be able to help you more in explaining what the tick marks mean?  Remove any personal info, of course.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
21 hours ago, udi lax said:

Went for my dv interview on 20 feb 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. After the interview I was told that everything is ok but was given back my Passport and a Yellow letter, saying that my case was under administrative Process and that they will contact me after the process, if there would not be any issue with my case they will ask me to send my passport to the embassy for Visa APPROVAL. kindly help! my medical is expiring in April and i fear the administrative process could take a long time thus forcing me to undergo repeat medical test. Asked the interviewer how long the process would take and he said weeks but on the letter it says the the process could take 90 days.

Hello! Very sad that you have the AP. I have been waiting by myself almost 5 months in Seoul.  In internet you can find some info about the AP. The main reason as I understand: background check and check of veracity of submitted documents. It depends from a case and country. Some countries  quickly respond for such inquiries.  But I think not in case of my country origin. So I have to wait and can do nothing about it . 😥

Timeline
16 hours ago, YooJin said:

Hello! Very sad that you have the AP. I have been waiting by myself almost 5 months in Seoul.  In internet you can find some info about the AP. The main reason as I understand: background check and check of veracity of submitted documents. It depends from a case and country. Some countries  quickly respond for such inquiries.  But I think not in case of my country origin. So I have to wait and can do nothing about it . 😥

Sorry for the situation, hope we get approved before the end of this month. Were you told the reason for administrative process?

Timeline
19 hours ago, Going through said:

Can you upload a scan of the letter you received in this thread so we can see it and be able to help you more in explaining what the tick marks mean?  Remove any personal info, of course.

Sorry was unable to upload the AP letter but I can describe it for you. It's just the normal AP letter with normal contents of an AP, but at the bottom there is a section that's for official use. The official use section has three boxes A,B and C that are supposed to be ticked but in my case they were not ticked.

Timeline
1 minute ago, udi lax said:

Sorry was unable to upload the AP letter but I can describe it for you. It's just the normal AP letter with normal contents of an AP, but at the bottom there is a section that's for official use. The official use section has three boxes A,B and C that are supposed to be ticked but in my case they were not ticked.

Only the official understand the meaning of the boxes the letter does not explain what a tick in either box A,B or C means.

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
1 hour ago, udi lax said:

Sorry for the situation, hope we get approved before the end of this month. Were you told the reason for administrative process?

It would be nice to see the end soon :) The CO have not told the reason. And it is difficult to implicate it  from asked questions. But I was given the form DS 5535. It means they need further  background check. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, YooJin said:

It would be nice to see the end soon :) The CO have not told the reason. And it is difficult to implicate it  from asked questions. But I was given the form DS 5535. It means they need further  background check. 

Were you given back your passport or you left it with the embassy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.