bogrob

I'm thinking about divorcing my wife. Need Advice

193 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, bogrob said:

It hurts to read that because it's how I feel. I am stressed and depressed. I don't feel happy at all even though I have a ton of things to be happy about. As a man, I wonder if I'm being insecure or needy. I wonder if things needs to be like this for now until she comes around. That's where my indecision comes in. Plus the fact that life would be significantly harder for her here if we divorced. It makes me feel that she might say anything to change my mind if I challenge her with divorce. Going home for her is out of the question and I'm 100% sure she would not return home even if I bought her a ticket and dropped her at the airport. 

I want you to read this from another VJ member and tell me what you think he should do. I completed understand that it is really hard for you right now to work through all of this but we are here for you.

Just now, Boiler said:

Divorce and move on, sounds like you were used for a way out, an investment by her family.

2nd time I wanted to rep you today but you already have to many. Can I skim some off of you?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Obviously she doesn’t love you nor wants to put time/effort in the marriage

A marriage is a partnership no point carrying on if you don’t have her active participation whether it’s financial, emotional or sexual in nature. 

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I think it is wrong for her NOT to help at least alittle bit. Ask her to pay a small bill something like the gas, phone, internet maybe something like $1-200 a month at the most that's it. I know it's not about the money but you have to feel that she is contributing to the marriage, which at this point in time she is not.

Also what got me is that you two are newlyweds still and SHE forgot the anniversary. Which women hardly ever forget the anniversary unless they are super dupper busy or just don't care. I know I forgot our anniversary the 1st year and I was in the dog house for a week let me tell you.

Exactly how I feel! She should be on my ### about forgetting the anniversary, not the other way around. I truly feels like she doesn't care. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
4 minutes ago, bogrob said:

It hurts to read that because it's how I feel. I am stressed and depressed. I don't feel happy at all even though I have a ton of things to be happy about. As a man, I wonder if I'm being insecure or needy. I wonder if things needs to be like this for now until she comes around. That's where my indecision comes in. Plus the fact that life would be significantly harder for her here if we divorced. It makes me feel that she might say anything to change my mind if I challenge her with divorce. Going home for her is out of the question and I'm 100% sure she would not return home even if I bought her a ticket and dropped her at the airport. 

I don't want to be the one to be on the divorce train, but it sounds like you have tried to talk to her about your feelings, she says she will do better but it hasn't changed, you need to do what in your heart you know you need to do but being a man of moral values, you know it would be hard on her, if she has no friends no family, here yes harder on her, but an emotional drain on you creating anxiety on you, this isn't what you signed up for. You signed up to be committed to a marriage to love honor and cherish through good times and in bad times, however marriage is a partnership, a commitment that takes more than 1 side to accomplish. 

IMO give her the chance, bring up marriage counseling, and express your feelings, see how the reaction of the counseling goes, if is accepted well try things, if things stall or she makes excuses as to why she can't go doesn't want to go when it comes time, you can tell her divorce is the next option see if she changes you can wait a time set by you, if still no changes file, have her served with the papers, allow her to stay in the home until she makes enough money for her own place deposit first month rent and a bed, help her manage finance as what it will take to live on her own and then end the ties move on and start to heal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I want you to read this from another VJ member and tell me what you think he should do. I completed understand that it is really hard for you right now to work through all of this but we are here for you.

Wow. He sounds a little worse off than me but one thing that stuck out is that his wife told him to get a firmer mattress. My wife told me after she came that she didn't want to have kids until I bought another house. Me and my ex bought this house together and I got it in the divorce. Anyway, back to your question, I would tell him to divorce her. Yes, I know that's what I should probably do too.

11 minutes ago, bogrob said:

Wow. He sounds a little worse off than me but one thing that stuck out is that his wife told him to get a firmer mattress. My wife told me after she came that she didn't want to have kids until I bought another house. Me and my ex bought this house together and I got it in the divorce. Anyway, back to your question, I would tell him to divorce her. Yes, I know that's what I should probably do too.

How big is the house if you don't mind me asking? If it's almost paid off or a nice house that you are paying on then no I would not get rid of it at all.

I just posted that so you can have a little perspective.

Edited by cyberfx1024

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

Have a good and deep conversation with her. Let all your feelings and questions be known to her and listen to what she says then tell her what you asked us? then go from there.

Normally anyone that is in love does not need to be told but some have reasons or claimed that they are too shy and insensitive but human as we all are we all observed and feel based upon what others are showing to us especially with our partners. ( I do hope that you talked to her first about your problem before this forum)

And before you moved on, try to count all the good things that she had with you and the good qualities that she has. Let's say she has 3 bad qualities and 7 good ones, is it really worth to file a divorce? can it be communicated well instead of telling her that sounded like a demand to her/ culture wise? If not then let her know how you truly feel and tell her what is bothering you. PLEASE! Do not talk to her when you are mad.

Goodluck,

Nelma

Edited by nelmagriffin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
42 minutes ago, bogrob said:

I wonder if I'm being insecure or needy

If you are in a healthy and loving relationship there is nothing wrong with being needy. I am a very needy person and so is my fiancé. To me it's a sign of how much he loves me and how much he wants me. He feels the same way about my neediness.

Being needy has been given a bad rap. This generation wants to be individuals, unique and independent. I'm a bit more old fashioned I think. I see me and my partner as 'an item'. We are one unit. One team. We support each other. But to be able to support one, the other has to support back or your tower collapses.

My mother once told me something when I was having trouble with my friends back when I was a teen, and I still live by it today: If you don't get as much or more energy out of a relationship than you put in, it's time to get out.

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

sounds like a lot agree. Bring up marriage counseling. See what she says. If she agrees willingly, that's good... if she holds out and doesn't want to even try, then at least you see it.

Money wise, everyone is different. My husband sends some money home now and then, but he also transfers money to me for car insurance monthly(I pay for the plan), he wants to even give extra for the phone plane but he has car payment also so I tell him keep it, other than that I pay for everything which is fine I make a lot more.. but he at least wants to pay for things.. I would be a bit alarmed if I were you if she really doesn't want to assist at all.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.