Andrea&Arturo

Work permit more than 7 months! HELP!

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys! hope all of you are ok. Blessings 

I'm new here so let me explain our story briefly. My husband(my boyfriend at the time) came here on Christmas to spend new year with me, I told him to stay so we look for info about the process and we got married and did the AOS process, it was never our intention to do that, that just happened because I didn't want him to leave. After that on June 5th 2017 we submitted our AOS package to USCIS, after that he received a fingerprint schedule same month, we did the fingerprint everything was ok. On July 10th 2017 we received a request for initial evidence, request that we reply next day, they received our response on August 8 2017. After that we have not received any other messages from USCIS, not even in regards of his EAD(one of the most important things for us). We've been calling them and making service request, 3 service request to be exact and the only thing that they have to say is that our case is currently not assigned for processing. We talked to a level 2 USCIS officer and she said something about calling Ambudsman office. Are you guys have another options, what else we can do? we are super stressed.

Thanks to you all! 

54 minutes ago, Andrea&Arturo said:

Hi guys! hope all of you are ok. Blessings 

I'm new here so let me explain our story briefly. My husband(my boyfriend at the time) came here on Christmas to spend new year with me, I told him to stay so we look for info about the process and we got married and did the AOS process, it was never our intention to do that, that just happened because I didn't want him to leave. After that on June 5th 2017 we submitted our AOS package to USCIS, after that he received a fingerprint schedule same month, we did the fingerprint everything was ok. On July 10th 2017 we received a request for initial evidence, request that we reply next day, they received our response on August 8 2017. After that we have not received any other messages from USCIS, not even in regards of his EAD(one of the most important things for us). We've been calling them and making service request, 3 service request to be exact and the only thing that they have to say is that our case is currently not assigned for processing. We talked to a level 2 USCIS officer and she said something about calling Ambudsman office. Are you guys have another options, what else we can do? we are super stressed.

Thanks to you all! 

Did you guys actually file for the EAD and AP at that time? 

15 minutes ago, Andrea&Arturo said:

We just did the EAD not AP

So you just now sent in the EAD? Then you case is still within normal processing times then because AOS can take between 9-12 months. You should have sent in the EAD when you originally sent in the AOS paperwork.

13 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

So you just now sent in the EAD? Then you case is still within normal processing times then because AOS can take between 9-12 months. You should have sent in the EAD when you originally sent in the AOS paperwork.

We sent the EAD with the AOS package everything together

1 minute ago, Andrea&Arturo said:

We sent the EAD with the AOS package everything together

Ok then you need to figure out whate wrong. Have you talked to a Tier 2 person or higher when you call?

1 minute ago, Andrea&Arturo said:

Yeah man, Thats what I said on the post 

I know that and I apologize but when you ask a question please make sure your timeline is filled out ahead of time. That makes it alot easier for us to help you. But as of right now you are WAY out of status in regards to your EAD. You can ask your Congressman or Senator for help as well. But have you tried to talk to a Tier 2 official yet? This is just crazy right now.

12 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I know that and I apologize but when you ask a question please make sure your timeline is filled out ahead of time. That makes it alot easier for us to help you. But as of right now you are WAY out of status in regards to your EAD. You can ask your Congressman or Senator for help as well. But have you tried to talk to a Tier 2 official yet? This is just crazy right now.

Yeah the tier 2 officer said that If I want I can contact Ambudsman office, you think the congressman can help me?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.