Mike224224

How do my qualifications compete to get a job in the US?

6 posts in this topic

Can someone also outline the equivalents for the following?

I have the following - 

Level 2 Diploma in ICT Systems Support

Level 3 Diploma for IT professionals 

Level 4 Diploma for IT Professional Competence

Level 5 Diploma in Computing (HND)

What would be the equivalent for the above? I also have MCSA Server 2012 R2, CCNA and CCNP. How are my chances? Also, I am in the UK.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

should be well equiped 

many jobs also require a security clearence so be prepared to provide documents and references along those lines

also is important is where you intent to live and what visa

if you think to come on work visa,  then maybe no,   as there are plenty who fill the job requirements here with those same degrees

Well 

level 2 is equal to a single GCSE - grades 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 or grades A*, A, B, C

level 3 is equal to a single alevel

level 4 is equal to a certificate of higher education

level 5 is equal to a diploma of higher education, so for Americans this would be some college or possibly an associates degree.

All are below the level of a uk bachelors degree which is a level 6 or an integrated masters which is common in the sciences back home which is a level 7.

Your level 5 might be the equivalent of an associates degree here, you could use one of the degree assessment companies to asses them and see if you could transfer into the junior year of a degree here to get your bachelors. This would then get you onto a similar rung as graduates here with the bonus of having completed your additional certification. 

The degree assesment places may or may or may not know of your qualifications, this link may help - https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels

But be aware that depending on your state there might be general education units you will need to do. Your existing work might be ok for covering lower division major (computing/computer science) but you might still need to do a humanities class for example.

Edited by Illiria
Added link

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would imagine you could get a job, how will you be moving the US?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

15 hours ago, Mike224224 said:

Can someone also outline the equivalents for the following?

I have the following - 

Level 2 Diploma in ICT Systems Support

Level 3 Diploma for IT professionals 

Level 4 Diploma for IT Professional Competence

Level 5 Diploma in Computing (HND)

What would be the equivalent for the above? I also have MCSA Server 2012 R2, CCNA and CCNP. How are my chances? Also, I am in the UK.

Do you have any work experience? Not having degree-equivalent qualifications isn’t a dealbreaker but it’s harder to leverage without experience. WES or similar can evaluate your qualifications. 

2 hours ago, Boiler said:

I would imagine you could get a job, how will you be moving the US?

Also interested, considering this is posted under “work visas”, I don’t see a legitimate way this qualifies for any work visa, at least not the ones I’m aware of.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.