CareIsh

Confused !Case transferred from New Delhi to Mumbai

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi all!

So today we have received an email from NVC that our case has now transferred from New Delhi to Mumbai US embassy .

We are confused as I(benificery) lives in Delhi and we have opted New Delhi as the place for my interview. That will be great if anyone who has been in the similar situation can advise..Thank you !

Edited by CareIsh

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

I thought that it is only for all K visa applicants. Or you might want to call the Embassy for the best answer.

Reference: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Goodluck,

Nelma

Nonimmigrant Visa for a Fianc(é)e (K-1)

Important Notice:

Important Notice:  Effective December 1, 2017, the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi will no longer process K visas. The U.S. Consulate General in Mumbai will be the interview location for all K visas in India. This change applies to all K visa petitions received at the National Visa Center on or after December 1, 2017. 

Edited by nelmagriffin

Timeline

Thanks Nelma..Yes this is what I read about K1 visa but ours is CR1 so we are confused as is it a normal for them to transfer or it's just with us. I'll try to call embassy as you guided and also will email ultradocs as we have no clue why they changed from New Delhi to Mumbai. I was wondering if someone has been in similiar situation as us. Thanks and good luck to you ! 

Edited by CareIsh

On 2/16/2018 at 11:57 AM, CareIsh said:

Thanks Nelma..Yes this is what I read about K1 visa but ours is CR1 so we are confused as is it a normal for them to transfer or it's just with us. I'll try to call embassy as you guided and also will email ultradocs as we have no clue why they changed from New Delhi to Mumbai. I was wondering if someone has been in similiar situation as us. Thanks and good luck to you ! 

I’m in the same boat .. our case was changed from Delhi to Mumbai counslate on Friday as well .. I have emailed NVC about it .. let’s see what they say 

Timeline

We emailed RapidVisa, the company we use to do our paperwork. They stated New Delhi no longer processing immigrant visa's, so they all got transferred out to other consulates in India. This includes K1 fiancé visas, CR1 spousal visas, etc. So even if we wanted to choose New Delhi because the spouse lives there, we have no choice, we can't choose it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

I also received an e-mail on 2/15/18 that our case changed from NWD (New Delhi) to BMB (Mumbai) consulate. 

I called NVC and they basically said that around 2/15, New Delhi stopped processing ALL immigration visas and that all immigration visas will be processed in the Bombay consulate. 

It's possible that the Mumbai (BMB) consulate will be busier than usual resulting in longer wait to schedule appointments. 

NVC's phone number is 1-603-334-0700. 

- Press 1 for english, and then

- Press 3 to talk to the operator

-

Timeline
9 hours ago, adidas said:

I also received an e-mail on 2/15/18 that our case changed from NWD (New Delhi) to BMB (Mumbai) consulate. 

I called NVC and they basically said that around 2/15, New Delhi stopped processing ALL immigration visas and that all immigration visas will be processed in the Bombay consulate. 

It's possible that the Mumbai (BMB) consulate will be busier than usual resulting in longer wait to schedule appointments. 

NVC's phone number is 1-603-334-0700. 

- Press 1 for english, and then

- Press 3 to talk to the operator

That means now we to wait longer for the interview now since all the cases now being transferred to Mumbai gosh. Also last month we have received an RFE from NVC to submit my birth certificate which we have already sent them two weeks ago but on the website it's showing the same message of RFE. So how to confirm if they have received ? Shall we call the NVC and check with them or just wait for the email from them that our case is ready now?

On 2/23/2018 at 9:21 AM, Nakul Rishi said:

I’m from Chandigarh and our case CR1 has been transferred to Bombay from New Delhi , very confusing and scary . Can anyone tell the real logic behind it , why suddenly they changed it and does Bombay Nvc consulate only process the cases which are from south side ? Why’d it happen 

USCIS just sent our case to NVC last week, but I did talk to the NVC about this on going concern about change from Delhi to Mumbai. She stated that from Feb 15th they consolidated cases and everyone is going to Mumbai. I would recommend you to inquire about the medical exam as well. Since you are from Chandigarh and can get it done in Max Hospital Mohali, but Mumbai embassy has different places for medical exams than Delhi embassy.

Edited by KLOVEM

Timeline
15 hours ago, KLOVEM said:

USCIS just sent our case to NVC last week, but I did talk to the NVC about this on going concern about change from Delhi to Mumbai. She stated that from Feb 15th they consolidated cases and everyone is going to Mumbai. I would recommend you to inquire about the medical exam as well. Since you are from Chandigarh and can get it done in Max Hospital Mohali, but Mumbai embassy has different places for medical exams than Delhi embassy.

I never thought it matters at which city you getting your medicals done as far as it is it's Max hospital? Or does it matter if I take my Medicals in Delhi Max hospital and not Mumbai? I just don't want two separate trips to Mumbai unless they accept medical only from Mumbai Max if the interview is at US embassy Mumbai. Any inputs ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Did u guys get a new cover sheet with new case number to send the documents to NVC or we can use the old one with the old case number on it ?

Good question, my case went from NWD to BMB after I had sumbitted my forms. 

If you haven't yet submitted your NVC forms, you will be able to print out a new Cover Sheet from NVC's online portal:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

I just confirmed that my Cover Sheet has been updated to reflect the new BMB Case ID.

Another note - internally to the NVC, both case IDs are valid. I found out when I was talking to an NVC agent over the phone and gave her my NWD case ID instead of BMB. 

-

9 minutes ago, adidas said:

Good question, my case went from NWD to BMB after I had sumbitted my forms. 

If you haven't yet submitted your NVC forms, you will be able to print out a new Cover Sheet from NVC's online portal:

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

I just confirmed that my Cover Sheet has been updated to reflect the new BMB Case ID.

Another note - internally to the NVC, both case IDs are valid. I found out when I was talking to an NVC agent over the phone and gave her my NWD case ID instead of BMB. 

I did try that already but I didn’t find the cover sheet that’s required 

5F0D1F4D-80E9-4813-A0D2-B4D1D1E2241A.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.