venom123

Interview tomorrow, very nervous! Any tips?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@AshMarty @car0593 @breeze16 @acidrain @Lemonslice

Just got back from the interview after driving a total of 7 hours through insane Chicago traffic.

We got approved! The officer said I have a great amount of evidence and he said we're definitely approved. He was a very nice officer, who made jokes and was very cool. However, DO NOT try and hide anything from these immigration officers because they're incredibly good at their job and they will ask you everything you hope they don't, so just be honest. Luckily we had already prepared our answers to those questions!

We didn't want him to ask us about who attended our wedding, if our parents know about our marriage and if we sleep in the same bed, but ALL of those topics came up. We were just honest and explained the situation and he was cool with it. I felt like the interview didn't go too well, but apparently the officer thought it went great, so we were approved!

Super happy! He said I could apply for the 10 year card in 2 years and he said id most likely be applying for naturalisation before my 10 year card arrives because there's a HUGE backlog on the 10 year cards right now of about 10 months after applying. 

Good luck to everyone else who still has their interview, just remember to be completely honest and you will be fine :)

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

04/01/16....Met online playing Dota 2 

01/20/17....POE Chicago (Visa Waiver - Visitor)

06/27/17....Marriage at courthouse, IL 

07/11/17....AOS mailed 1.45pm  - I-130, I-130a, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864 X2 (for wife and joint sponsor) - Day 0

07/12/17....AOS Packet arrived at Chicago Lockbox - Day 1

07/19/17....NOA 1 Email/Texts received 11.23pm - Day 8

07/22/17....NOA 1 physical copies arrived  - Day 11

10/17/17....We Have Ordered your new card (EAD)   - Day 98

10/19/17....Card Mailed! (EAD) - Day 100

01/12/18....Scheduled For Interview (EAD) - Day 185

02/13/18....Interviewed and Approved for 2 Year GC! :jest:   - Day 217

02/14/18....We have Ordered your new card (2 Year GC)!  - Day 218

02/15/18....Card Mailed (2 Year GC)!  - Day 219

Was a stressful journey full of ups and downs, cya in 2020 VJ. I'll be back when it's time to begin the dreaded I-751. Biggest advice - make sure you have a TON of evidence, be completely honest and you'll be fine. Good luck everyone! =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CONGRATS!!! :jest::D:jest:

I fully understand the relief you feel when it's over. We got approved today as well :)

I think every case has it's challenges. The important thing is to be sincere and honest. In your case it sounds like everything went great.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, acidrain said:

CONGRATS!!! :jest::D:jest:

I fully understand the relief you feel when it's over. We got approved today as well :)

I think every case has it's challenges. The important thing is to be sincere and honest. In your case it sounds like everything went great.

Thanks and congrats to you as well!  :D

Did you get approved for the 2 year or 10 year GC? How long did he say it'd take to arrive? :)

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

07/11/17....AOS mailed 1.45pm  - I-130, I-130a, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864 X2 (for wife and joint sponsor) - Day 0

Was a stressful journey full of ups and downs, cya in 2020 VJ. I'll be back when it's time to begin the dreaded I-751. Biggest advice - make sure you have a TON of evidence, be completely honest and you'll be fine. Good luck everyone! =)

Timeline

My spouse and I have our 10 year wedding anniversary next week so for good measure they gave us a 10 year green card. She said our passports will be sent back with the temp visa in about a week. Hopefully it won't be long for you as well :)

At least the worst part is over right! Congrats!!!

Im still waiting to be scheduled interview and made me its too much stress.Thank you for the sharing you experience. Congrats you both time to party tomorrow :dance: 

Timeline
On 13/02/2018 at 6:20 PM, acidrain said:

My spouse and I have our 10 year wedding anniversary next week so for good measure they gave us a 10 year green card. She said our passports will be sent back with the temp visa in about a week. Hopefully it won't be long for you as well :)

At least the worst part is over right! Congrats!!!

Hello! Any update on your GC so far? I just got an email notifying me that it has already been mailed out. The interviewer said it'd probably take 5-8 weeks as well! :o

Edited by venom123

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

Timeline
24 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Hello! Any update on your GC so far? I just got an email notifying me that it has already been mailed out. The interviewer said it'd probably take 5-8 weeks as well! :o

I got my son's gc. Mine says Issued but it has to go through some sort of administrative processing first. Gosh more waiting. Congrats on the speedy issue. I am hoping I won't have to wait too long.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I got my son's gc. Mine says Issued but it has to go through some sort of administrative processing first. Gosh more waiting. Congrats on the speedy issue. I am hoping I won't have to wait too long.

Oh I see, I've never heard of that. So it hasn't gone through production yet?

Keep us updated! I hope it doesn't take too long.

Thank you!

Edited by venom123

AOS from Visa Waiver:                                                                                                                        

Timeline
10 minutes ago, venom123 said:

Oh I see, I've never heard of that. So it hasn't gone through production yet?

Keep us updated! I hope it doesn't take too long.

Thank you!

I guess it happens to some people. I hope it doesn't take long either! It's hard to make plans when you are waiting for the visa. I got my son's so I guess its a start. Congrats again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.