mitchlash

DCF- IR1 category

14 posts in this topic

Hi, i am new here we have a problem getting my Manila Case Number, My husband filed a form I-130 last December 15, 2017 Direct Consular Filing at manila Embassy, under IR1 category and we got approval notice last January 18, 2018,.. My question is how long should it takes to get a manila case number? i already called the Immigrant visa unit last January 25, 2018 to follow up my case number and the agent was told me to wait they will send an email, but until now still haven't get any update of my manila case number. We are just confused because they said DCF it takes only 3 months and i talked to other applicant same with my case they already got manila case number in about 2 weeks. :( I'm just so worried, i don't know if i should call again or send an email to immigrant visa unit? 

On 2/6/2018 at 3:00 AM, mitchlash said:

Hi, i am new here we have a problem getting my Manila Case Number, My husband filed a form I-130 last December 15, 2017 Direct Consular Filing at manila Embassy, under IR1 category and we got approval notice last January 18, 2018,.. My question is how long should it takes to get a manila case number? i already called the Immigrant visa unit last January 25, 2018 to follow up my case number and the agent was told me to wait they will send an email, but until now still haven't get any update of my manila case number. We are just confused because they said DCF it takes only 3 months and i talked to other applicant same with my case they already got manila case number in about 2 weeks. :( I'm just so worried, i don't know if i should call again or send an email to immigrant visa unit? 

Hi Mitchlash,

Kamusta and Good day.

We know that you are concerned of not having your case number yet mostly when hearing from others that they had theirs.  Our encouragement is that you will send an email (if possible) to the following department to constantly follow up as much as possible daily, and contact (just like BlueDevil1442) the right people who can give you a definite information about your case number status.

Please email : USCIS Manila Field Office, the department that processsed your I-130 and released the approval notice.

CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov> or you can call them at )  Landline 301-2000 local  2224    

Or Email 

All inquiries regarding immigrant visa may be emailed to:

ivmanilareplies@state.gov

Hope this helps. 

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

VisaJourney is always a part of where we are as a family, so THANK YOU!!!  

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

www.haltomfamily.wordpress.com

Our DCF Journey 

Our K1 to I-130 Application Journey

DCF I-130 US Embassy Manila Application to Approval

Our assurance is God’s words.

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

1 hour ago, Haltom Family said:

Hi Mitchlash,

Kamusta and Good day.

We know that you are concerned of not having your case number yet mostly when hearing from others that they had theirs.  Our encouragement is that you will send an email (if possible) to the following department to constantly follow up as much as possible daily, and contact (just like BlueDevil1442) the right people who can give you a definite information about your case number status.

Please email : USCIS Manila Field Office, the department that processsed your I-130 and released the approval notice.

CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov> or you can call them at )  Landline 301-2000 local  2224    

Or Email 

All inquiries regarding immigrant visa may be emailed to:

ivmanilareplies@state.gov

Hope this helps. 

Hi Sir, January 31, I sent email to the USCIS manila asking about my case I give all my information. and their responsed says that they does not handle immigrant visa processing and contact the consular section at immigrant visa unit. and yesterday February 7, I was called to this number 976-8500 and the agent was told me that maybe the USCIS unit did not forwarded my application to the NVC or immigrant visa unit that is why I haven't get manila case number. she(agent) ask me to write USCIS if they already forwarded our application. I am so confused. :( 

Edited by mitchlash

22 hours ago, mitchlash said:

Hi Sir, January 31, I sent email to the USCIS manila asking about my case I give all my information. and their responsed says that they does not handle immigrant visa processing and contact the consular section at immigrant visa unit. and yesterday February 7, I was called to this number 976-8500 and the agent was told me that maybe the USCIS unit did not forwarded my application to the NVC or immigrant visa unit that is why I haven't get manila case number. she(agent) ask me to write USCIS if they already forwarded our application. I am so confused. :( 

Hi Mitchlash,

Have you tried writing to CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

And directly ask them which department they forward your approved I-130?  Actually, this is the second time we encountered applicants who received an approved I-130 but not receiving their case number or letter providing further instructions what to do next after the approval. Just like you, they were told that their case might be forwarded to NVC.  It actually getting our attention too. Our suggestion is, keep on pursuing your case number update from the CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov> and ask them if there is a change in the process of DCF, and why others who were in the same filing month like yours already received their case number.  

Be encourage and praying with you. 

Philippians 4:6-7 New Living Translation (NLT)

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Our Family 

Joshua, a music lover, and Tennessee born guy met Lady Lyn, a Filipina in an online Yahoo Christian Chat while both of them were praising God in a different way.  The latter was bullied by some chatters, and courageous Joshua rescued her like a damsel in distress, that was where a new chapter of life begun with the two of them. Their marriage is blessed in many forms including of rewarding them with a beautiful and joyful baby girl named Abigail Exodus Haltom which named perfectly represents their love and life story as a family.

"To give back, you can message us here for your Fiancee, IR1/CR1 visa or DCF related inquiry or visit us in the following social medias."  

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

Our DCF Journey 

But as for you, be strong and courageous, for your work will be rewarded.” -2 Chronicles 15:7

This is the exact same scenario that we are in.  We filed DCF in Manila on Dec 7th 2017.  The first and second week of January we visited the USCIS to ask for a status and other general questions to see if we could find out why it was taking so long.  They couldn't tell us much at window 25.  Then we were approved via email on Jan 19th.  The email did not contain the case number.  We called the USCIS many times after being approved and have been told the same thing... The case was approved and sent to the IV department.  They will enter everything into the system and send you an email with the case number.  We've called the IV number which is routed to a call center.  They opened and escalated a case to the IV depart.  We were told we'd hear back from them in 2 days with the outcome of the escalation.  That was 20 days ago...  We've called back to the call center and they confirm the IV department has the escalation and should be replying with a status.  Nothing else they can do supposedly.  Very frustrating.  We email the IV dept every couple of days but just get the automated email response back.  Never the case number.  There's definitely something changing with the DCF filing process.  I've been checking the next available interview date and it's already showing March 8th.  

18 hours ago, Joy2USA said:

This is the exact same scenario that we are in.  We filed DCF in Manila on Dec 7th 2017.  The first and second week of January we visited the USCIS to ask for a status and other general questions to see if we could find out why it was taking so long.  They couldn't tell us much at window 25.  Then we were approved via email on Jan 19th.  The email did not contain the case number.  We called the USCIS many times after being approved and have been told the same thing... The case was approved and sent to the IV department.  They will enter everything into the system and send you an email with the case number.  We've called the IV number which is routed to a call center.  They opened and escalated a case to the IV depart.  We were told we'd hear back from them in 2 days with the outcome of the escalation.  That was 20 days ago...  We've called back to the call center and they confirm the IV department has the escalation and should be replying with a status.  Nothing else they can do supposedly.  Very frustrating.  We email the IV dept every couple of days but just get the automated email response back.  Never the case number.  There's definitely something changing with the DCF filing process.  I've been checking the next available interview date and it's already showing March 8th.  

Hi Joy2USA, 

cc:  @mitchlash 

Kamusta and Good day. 

One of the petitioner who received the Notice of approval dated January 12, 2018 (filed their Form I-130 on Dec 28th 2017 through Direct Consular Filing) just received their Case Number and further instructions for visa scheduling and medical exam yesterday (Philippine Time) .  So yeah hope this encourage you all guys.  We've been closely monitoring the flow of I-130 these past days with some applicants filed it at USCIS, Manila Field Office and we can conclude that, Case number aren't release anymore the same day or few days from the receipt of approval ( as we had experienced before).  But please be guided that according to USCIS Field Office,   "our adjudication process takes 30 to 90 days upon receipt." 

Hope you find comfort on this. :)

Edited by Haltom Family

Our Family 

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

Our DCF Journey 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:47 AM, Haltom Family said:

Hi Mitchlash,

Have you tried writing to CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov>

And directly ask them which department they forward your approved I-130?  Actually, this is the second time we encountered applicants who received an approved I-130 but not receiving their case number or letter providing further instructions what to do next after the approval. Just like you, they were told that their case might be forwarded to NVC.  It actually getting our attention too. Our suggestion is, keep on pursuing your case number update from the CIS, MPH Inquiry <MPHInquiry.CIS@uscis.dhs.gov> and ask them if there is a change in the process of DCF, and why others who were in the same filing month like yours already received their case number.  

Be encourage and praying with you. 

Philippians 4:6-7 New Living Translation (NLT)

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

hi Sir finally we got our manila case number after my husband sent email to IV unit. Thank you so much everyone here now I have my interview schedule on march 8 2018. Wish me luck guys. Once again Thank you.

21 hours ago, mitchlash said:

hi Sir finally we got our manila case number after my husband sent email to IV unit. Thank you so much everyone here now I have my interview schedule on march 8 2018. Wish me luck guys. Once again Thank you.

Awesome!  Mabuti.  

Its  good to hear that Mitchlash.  God bless to your preparation towards the Interview :) 

Thanks too for the update. 

Our Family 

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

Our DCF Journey 

• 1 month later...

We wanted to update everyone on our progress.  We finally got our case number after 87 days from the day we filed DCF.   Perhaps a few letters to our state congressmen helped.  ;)  We just completed our interview this morning and we were APPROVED.  :)   We plan to post all the details of our journey for others to learn about.  Especially as it relates to the latest DCF filing.  Things have definitely changed with regards to the DCF process.  We noticed that there were plenty of appointments available within 7 days of the day we received the case number.  

For anyone else who might have been approved but had not gotten their case numbers I suggest you log into your ustravel docs account and "leave feedback" which is basically opening a ticket. Tell them that you have not yet received your case number if it has already been longer than three weeks.

I submitted my IR-1 I-130s Dec 28th 2017, was approved by Jan 12 1018 and got my case numbers by Feb 9th 2018 shortly after creating a ticket on the ustraveldocs website. Hope that helps other people waiting for their case numbers.

On 3/15/2018 at 8:36 PM, Joy2USA said:

We wanted to update everyone on our progress.  We finally got our case number after 87 days from the day we filed DCF.   Perhaps a few letters to our state congressmen helped.  ;)  We just completed our interview this morning and we were APPROVED.  :)   We plan to post all the details of our journey for others to learn about.  Especially as it relates to the latest DCF filing.  Things have definitely changed with regards to the DCF process.  We noticed that there were plenty of appointments available within 7 days of the day we received the case number.  

Congratulations to your family and we are looking forward to hear your DCF journey.  Have a bless day, and soon welcome to USA.  :)

Our Family 

Instagram

Twitter

FB Page

Our DCF Journey 

On 06/02/2018 at 5:00 PM, mitchlash said:

Call them and send emails is what I think you should do! Dont let them forget who you are!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.