JahRyl

February 2018 AOS Filers

1,401 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Hey everyone!!! Excited to join the thread.  We just sent our package today via UPS.  We were part of the April 2017 K-1 Filers thread.  Good to see some familiar faces here.  So here we go again.  Wish everyone the best of luck!!!:jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Sent out packet on February third and received receipt notice on 02/17/18 for AOS, EAD and AP. No request for evidence!

Looks like its taking about two months for the employment and travel permit. Not so long!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

nm

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, gtiorobertsf said:

Sent out packet on February third and received receipt notice on 02/17/18 for AOS, EAD and AP. No request for evidence!

Looks like its taking about two months for the employment and travel permit. Not so long!

I think the VJ average is about 104 days from filing to approval for AP.

image.png.f13843eb7095673f1821e957bf9ef0ad.png

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good morning feb people. We mailed ours out last week USPS and it was delivered last Friday to Chicago. Now just waiting for the E notification and the noa

Howdy friends! Sent out my husbands adjustment on Thursday. Hoping to get an NOA1 sooner rather than later 😭 I've been overthinking all the stuff we put in our application but I guess that won't matter now. Hoping for no rfe's! Let's get this ball rolling! 

Hi friends. I have a quick question. Was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? My husband had gotten his provisional license while his I-94 was still valid but now that it is expired how will we be able to go about his license? I called the DMV and they mentioned using the notice of receipt in Lieu of the I-94 however it appears that only allows you to have the license for so long? I'm confused. Any thoughts? 🤔

Timeline

Good morning all. I hope feb filers are doing well and anxiety is under control. Question for the group. I mailed out the AOS, AP, EAD and the e notification documents along with the almighty check.  Mailed on the 7th via USPS. Tracking showed it arrived on the 9th. 

Checked with the bank today and check still hasn’t cashed. 

Anyone else in the same boat?

no email or text alert either. 

Starting to worry. Usually they were quick on getting the check cashed for the K1

1 hour ago, cocobean said:

Hi friends. I have a quick question. Was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat? My husband had gotten his provisional license while his I-94 was still valid but now that it is expired how will we be able to go about his license? I called the DMV and they mentioned using the notice of receipt in Lieu of the I-94 however it appears that only allows you to have the license for so long? I'm confused. Any thoughts? 🤔

Hi, I don't want to give you this as a definitive answer but here is my situation...

I currently have a full UK license from back home but unfortunately can only use that for 60 days in North Carolina. 

To obtain a NC drivers license I must present evidence/proof of current legal status. Since my I-94 is now expired I have NO proof of my legal status (DMV does not accept a NOA1 for AOS as evidence of legal presence in the US). 

For this reason I can't get a US drivers license until I receive my EAD

Yes, it sucks, but it's just one of the big black holes that you end up inside when you decide to go through this process :(

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Good morning all. I hope feb filers are doing well and anxiety is under control. Question for the group. I mailed out the AOS, AP, EAD and the e notification documents along with the almighty check.  Mailed on the 7th via USPS. Tracking showed it arrived on the 9th. 

Starting to worry. Usually they were quick on getting the check cashed for the K1

You are still within the expected time.....as far as I can see you sent everything on Feb 7, so I would relax and wait until end of the month before starting to worry. AOS applications have significantly increased its processing by USCIS which is why is taking a little longer for them to reply.

8/14/17 --- AOS sent I-485, I-765, I-131

8/16/17 --- AOS Packet received Chicago USCIS Day 0

8/21/17  --- Received email & text notification 

8/23/17  --- Received hard copy of NOA  

9/01/17  --- Biometrics letter notice for I-485 & I-765 & I-131  

9/11/17  --- Biometrics Appointment Done

10/17/17 - Case Is Ready To Be Scheduled For An Interview

11/30/2017 - EAD/AP Approved
12/01/2017 - Card in Production
12/05/2017 - Received Approval Notice in the Mail
12/06//2017 - Card Mailed (Priority Mail) to Me
12/07/2017 - Card Received 

1/19/18  --- Interview Date 2/21

2/21/18  ---  Approved on the Spot

• 1 hour after the interview received uscis mobile app alert
  • Status changed from "Interview is scheduled" to "New Card Is Being Produced

2/26/18  --- Received hard copy of NOA for the Green Card

2/26/18  --- USCIS Mobile Status changed to "Card was mailed to me"

2/28/18 --- Permanent Resident/Green Card received :jest:

Travelling with Combo Card Feedback 

AOS Interview - Review and Tips

Brazil Instructions After i-129F Approval    and  Emails Sent by NVC and Brazilian Embassy after the i-129F approval

B2 Visa Experience / Mother-in-law financially challenged for visa

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region - USPS INFORMED DELIVERY

NVC - (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

" Have you tried the search tool? K1 isnt an easy process and a LOT of reading is required to avoid problems (RFEs) etc, if you dont like reading, be prepared to spend WAY more time and couple more $$$ with an lawyer " 

Timeline

2 hours ago, HappyBunny said:

Good Morning fellow Feb filers! My package was sent on Feb 6th, arrived Feb 8th at 8 pm so Ill just consider it the 9th? I have not receive anything yet. I'm anxious! -Good luckk everyoneeeee. 

Our dates are pretty close to the same, sent on the 6th and arrived on the 7th.  Up until today we haven't received any information or notification but I just checked my email and USPS Informed Delivery is showing that we have 2 letters coming from USCIS today.  I'm guessing this is our NOA1 for the I-485 and the EAD.  So, I'm guessing you should be receiving something soon!

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

7 minutes ago, RaptureSongbird said:

Our dates are pretty close to the same, sent on the 6th and arrived on the 7th.  Up until today we haven't received any information or notification but I just checked my email and USPS Informed Delivery is showing that we have 2 letters coming from USCIS today.  I'm guessing this is our NOA1 for the I-485 and the EAD.  So, I'm guessing you should be receiving something soon!

Yayyy. So hopefully I will get something this week. Is that USPS an app? I think I need it to keep me excited every day lol. Thanks

9 minutes ago, Kevin&Kanyanat said:

Ours was delivered on the 7th and the check was cashed on the 15th.  Since yours was received on a Friday, and there was a holiday yesterday, I'm guessing you will see the check cashed today or tomorrow.  I was surprised at how long it took them to cash the check in comparison to the K1; I feel like they received our K1 application one day and within 48 hours the check was cashed.

K1 Condensed Timeline:

02/27/17 - I-129F sent; 03/10/17 - NOA1 hard copy received; 06/15/17 - NOA2 hard copy received; 07/16/17 - NVC processing completed; 08/24/17 - Interview (Approved); 09/04/17 - Visa in Hand; 10/26/17 - POE; 12/20/17 - Marriage

AOS Condensed Timeline:

02/06/18 - I-485 sent; 02/20/18 - NOA1 hard copy received; 03/09/18 - Biometrics Completed; 04/21/18 - Interview Appointment Letter Received; 05/14/18 - Interview; 06/08/18 - Approved/Card in Production; 06/16/18 - GC Received

RoC Condensed Timeline:

3/10/20 - I-751 sent; 3/20/20 - NOA received - LIN; 3/10/21 - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Reused; 4/05/21 - New Card is Being Produced

N400

03/25/21 - Application filed online; 01/15/22 - Interview Scheduled Notification;  02/22/22 - Interview; 02/22/22 - Interview Passed and Same Day Oath Ceremony.  DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.