Dashinka

NHS to Offer Biological Men Cervical Cancer Smear to Avoid ‘Triggering Gender Dysphoria’

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So if you are a biological woman that identifies as a man, are you immune to breast or cervical cancer?

Biological women who legally define themselves as men will not be routinely scanned for breast and cervical cancer, even if they retain these organs and remain at risk, the National Health Service (NHS) has said.

However, at the same time, biological men who regard themselves as women are being invited for cervical smear tests – even though it is impossible for them to have a cervix – an official guidebook states.

The guidelines, which will put lives at risk and encourage a physically impossible test on non-existent organs, have been introduced to avoid “triggering gender dysphoria” in the transgendered, NHS material indicates.

All women aged 50 to 70 who are registered as a female with their GP are automatically invited to breast screening every three years, and the practice is thought to save more than a thousand lives a year.

“If you are a trans man [biological woman]… you won’t be routinely invited for breast screening. We recommend you consider having breast screening if you have not had chest reconstruction (top surgery) or still have breast tissue,” the document reads.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/01/15/nhs-to-offer-transgendered-people-without-cervix-a-cervix-test/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

26805405_10210990594063948_3941248231403

I surprised this is just being reported. This has been a problem with Pods for years.  When I was in the chemical manufacturing business, I can recall our formulating chemist talking about this issue. probably 2013 or so  

Filed: Timeline
15 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

I surprised this is just being reported. This has been a problem with Pods for years.  When I was in the chemical manufacturing business, I can recall our formulating chemist talking about this issue. probably 2013 or so  

Seriously?  Idiots were eating these that far back?

On 1/17/2018 at 5:20 AM, Bill & Katya said:

“If you are a trans man [biological woman]… you won’t be routinely invited for breast screening. We recommend you consider having breast screening if you have not had chest reconstruction (top surgery) or still have breast tissue,” the document reads.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/01/15/nhs-to-offer-transgendered-people-without-cervix-a-cervix-test/

Since the NHS is a National Health System everyone is registered and they can be more proactive about making sure everyone gets the screening they require. If you are registered with a GP you will get information sent to you to make sure you stay up to date. Unfortunately because our medical system is more fragmented that doesn't happen in the USA with as much consistency. If you don't go to your doctor, likely no one would ever contact you reminding you to get screened.

I've highlighted the part you quoted yourself. They are stating those people won't be "routinely invited", that doesn't mean they can't be invited. They can still undergo the screening if desired. You are never required to have the screening, even if you are a biological woman identifying as a woman. You can still just choose not to do it. They are stating that won't automatically be sending these people screening notices, but they can still do it. That also makes sense for the reason stated in the next sentence. Some of those men may have undergone surgery that would make their risk of breast cancer essentially nil. If they have had chest reconstruction it would be essentially the equivalent of a prophylactic double mastectomy, which would almost entirely negate their risk. 

Cervical cancer is a bit trickier, just because I am not familiar with what reconstructive procedures are offered in that area. It is possible that some may involve removal of the cervix, in which case similarly they would no longer be at risk ("immune" as you put it). For those that retain the cervix, they can still choose to undergo screening they just won't be automatically listed.

That being said I would advocate that a GP thoroughly explain to the patient their risk. I would put "gender dysphoria" above a true risk of breast cancer. But if they choose to not be involved despite the risk, they shouldn't be required to receive the invitations. 

Edited by bcking

funny to me how outraged people can get over something that literally has zero affect on their lives. way to go breitbart for covering these hard hitting topics.

26 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

funny to me how outraged people can get over something that literally has zero affect on their lives. way to go breitbart for covering these hard hitting topics.

were you not outraged that 12 nurses who, were told they would not have to provide abortion care prior to employment are not wanting to provide abortion care ?

How is that affecting your life ?

2 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

were you not outraged that 12 nurses who, were told they would not have to provide abortion care prior to employment are not wanting to provide abortion care ?

How is that affecting your life ?

no. considering that was back in like 2011 and my post (and outrage) is over the current creation of a department within the federal government to advocate for discrimination under the guise of 'religious liberty'

3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

no. considering that was back in like 2011 and my post (and outrage) is over the current creation of a department within the federal government to advocate for discrimination under the guise of 'religious liberty'

what a minute. Are you trying to do the "it was several years agog, so it doesnt matter " to your own post ?

3 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

what a minute. Are you trying to do the "it was several years agog, so it doesnt matter " to your own post ?

no. not at all. my outrage (which is what you were asking about, no?) is over the creation of the department within dhhs announced today

later in that thread, i posted the background as to why the dhhs feels this department is needed.