Enrique&Nikki

Should we bring baby to CR1 interview USE Manila?

10 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can help us with a bit of dilemma before my wife's CR1 interview. Reading a few posts here, it looks like I, the petitioner can go in with my wife to her interview and that USEM allows it. My question is should or can I bring the baby with us? I've read and have been told multiple times that it will help to bring the baby with us. Now I'm left wondering.

- will they even allow my 3 month old daughter into the interview? 

- If we bring the baby with us. An idea of bring my mother in law with us to help out while waiting. Would she be allowed in? or does she sit outside the embassy.

Daughter is awaiting CRBA interview already scheduled. 

25Jan - CRBA interview

13Feb - CR1 interview

Thanks in advance for any ideas or input. 

you can bring baby in with you

Manila CRBA & Passport Experience

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/657133-usem-crba-experience/

IR-1/CR-1 Journey

USCIS

09/12/2017: I-130 package sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

09/18/2017: NOA1 Email

09/26/2017: NOA1 Hardcopy(Texas Service Center)

10/01/2017: Expedite Request Sent

11/18/2017: NOA2 Email

11/30/2017: NOA2 Hardcopy

12/27/2017: Checked receipt number on the USCIS website and they had just forwarded the case to NVC that day *shame*

NVC

01/03/2018: Case received at NVC

01/10/2018: Expedite request sent

01/11/2018: Email received from NVC expedite that inquiry is under review

01/16/2018: IIN and Case number issued

01/18/2018: Expedite approved and immediately forwarded to US Embassy Manila. CEAC says "In Transit"

Medical & Embassy

01/23/2018: Embassy Received case file. CEAC says "Ready"

01/23/2018: DS-260 completed

01/24/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 1

01/25/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 2

02/02/1018: USEM Interview "PASSED"

02/08/2018: Picked up VISA packet at 2GO Laoag

02/09/2018: CFO sticker... went to the seminar Nov. 29 2017 for passport renewal requirement to change to husbands surname

6 minutes ago, PaoSelle said:

you can bring baby in with you

Good to know thank you. Any chance you know or read anything about in-laws coming with to help? 

18 minutes ago, Enrique&Nikki said:

Good to know thank you. Any chance you know or read anything about in-laws coming with to help? 

No in-laws.. just you, your wife, and your baby. 

Manila CRBA & Passport Experience

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/657133-usem-crba-experience/

IR-1/CR-1 Journey

USCIS

09/12/2017: I-130 package sent to USCIS Phoenix Lockbox

09/18/2017: NOA1 Email

09/26/2017: NOA1 Hardcopy(Texas Service Center)

10/01/2017: Expedite Request Sent

11/18/2017: NOA2 Email

11/30/2017: NOA2 Hardcopy

12/27/2017: Checked receipt number on the USCIS website and they had just forwarded the case to NVC that day *shame*

NVC

01/03/2018: Case received at NVC

01/10/2018: Expedite request sent

01/11/2018: Email received from NVC expedite that inquiry is under review

01/16/2018: IIN and Case number issued

01/18/2018: Expedite approved and immediately forwarded to US Embassy Manila. CEAC says "In Transit"

Medical & Embassy

01/23/2018: Embassy Received case file. CEAC says "Ready"

01/23/2018: DS-260 completed

01/24/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 1

01/25/2018: SLEC Medical DAY 2

02/02/1018: USEM Interview "PASSED"

02/08/2018: Picked up VISA packet at 2GO Laoag

02/09/2018: CFO sticker... went to the seminar Nov. 29 2017 for passport renewal requirement to change to husbands surname

Don't worry about the child, they have about 100 people who stand just outside the US Embassy entrance who can assist you.

For a small fee they offer services like Bullpen rental, They will hold your electronics, they will watch your child, etc all for a small fee.

The issue is will your items or them still be there when you get finish with your interview.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

Don't worry about the child, they have about 100 people who stand just outside the US Embassy entrance who can assist you.

For a small fee they offer services like Bullpen rental, They will hold your electronics, they will watch your child, etc all for a small fee.

The issue is will your items or them still be there when you get finish with your interview.

Bullpen :lol:. I feel sorry for anyone who wind up opting for those services as a last resort. I doubt they'd leave their kids but I bet some of those guys have made quite a bit of cash running off with some of those phones/ electronics.

18 minutes ago, Enrique&Nikki said:

Bullpen :lol:. I feel sorry for anyone who wind up opting for those services as a last resort. I doubt they'd leave their kids but I bet some of those guys have made quite a bit of cash running off with some of those phones/ electronics.

No doubt they have made a some cash. Right from US Embassy to the Pawn Shop.

If you are a US Citizen then they will hold your electronics or let you store them in a locker on USEM grounds,  Philippines Citizens don't have that option.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 hours ago, Enrique&Nikki said:

Hello everyone,

Hopefully someone can help us with a bit of dilemma before my wife's CR1 interview. Reading a few posts here, it looks like I, the petitioner can go in with my wife to her interview and that USEM allows it. My question is should or can I bring the baby with us? I've read and have been told multiple times that it will help to bring the baby with us. Now I'm left wondering.

- will they even allow my 3 month old daughter into the interview? 

- If we bring the baby with us. An idea of bring my mother in law with us to help out while waiting. Would she be allowed in? or does she sit outside the embassy.

Daughter is awaiting CRBA interview already scheduled. 

25Jan - CRBA interview

13Feb - CR1 interview

Thanks in advance for any ideas or input. 

Yes to the child attending if you want.  Yest to you attending if you want.   NO to the mother-in-law.

Do remember to bring your CRBA certificate to the interview.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

10 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Yes to the child attending if you want.  Yest to you attending if you want.   NO to the mother-in-law.

Do remember to bring your CRBA certificate to the interview.

Yes will be bringing it to the interview. Assuming all goes well with CRBA. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.