N400Dallas

Some Field office has Interview Scheduled Really Fast?

32 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have noticed that some applicants have an interview scheduled really fast. One applicant, that I know filed the application mid-Dec 2017 and right after his figure print on 2nd week of Jan he has his interview date scheduled?  Some field office like Houston or Dallas has wait time up to 2 years for an interview. I have also seen some applicant in Houston and Dallas has wait time reduced to just few months.

Edited by N400Dallas

10 minutes ago, N400Dallas said:

Hi,

I have noticed that some applicants have an interview scheduled really fast. One applicant, that I know filed the application mid-Dec 2017 and right after his figure print on 2nd week of Jan he has his interview date scheduled?  Some field office like Houston or Dallas has wait time up to 2 years for an interview. I have also seen some applicant in Houston and Dallas has wait time reduced to just few months.

They might have had reason to expedite or had contacted a senator. 

I know ours is currently under review. Someone who applied months after us already has an interview next week - she had been in contact with a senator earlier on in the processing and was the wife of a disabled veteran. 

16 minutes ago, N400Dallas said:

Ahh!! Do they contact US Senators for that State or do they contact State Level Senators any idea on this?

USCIS is a federal agency. Members of a State legislature have no bearing on and cannot speed up your application. For example, in Texas, you may want to contact Sen. Cruz or Sen. Cornyn. 

13 minutes ago, N400Dallas said:

Which Senators shall be best to contact in Texas? Any suggestions Sen. Cruz or Sen. Cornyn?

I’d go with Cruz, since he has an election coming this year. He should be more willing to help his constituents. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline

Totally depends on the Field Office workload and processing times couple with the conditions on which you are applying for citizenship. Eg. 3 year under marriage rule  vs 5 year standard. If you are filing under 3 year and someone else filing under 5 year at the same time, if all things being equal the 5 year applicant will definitely receive interview letters way faster than the 3 year applicant.

57 minutes ago, Haji delco said:

Totally depends on the Field Office workload and processing times couple with the conditions on which you are applying for citizenship. Eg. 3 year under marriage rule  vs 5 year standard. If you are filing under 3 year and someone else filing under 5 year at the same time, if all things being equal the 5 year applicant will definitely receive interview letters way faster than the 3 year applicant.

I also noticed from other applicants' timelines that people with 5 year green cards and older green card dates tend to have faster processing times. I am wondering if that's an official policy or you just noticed the same thing too?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gambia
Timeline

Well you cannot be eligible for 3 year marriage citizenship earlier than 90 before the 3 year anniversary since you received the GC. Whereas with the 5 year rule, you are all ready so interviews are automatically in line to be scheduled and the first available slot in your local field office that is applicable you will be scheduled. Whereas with the 3 year rule once you apply within 90 days, if you are scheduled before the 3 year anniversary of your GC and you happen to go to the interview, you will be denied because you will need to be a GC holder for a minimum 3 year to the day you will be granted citizenship. 

I'm not sure if i make sense there. 

48 minutes ago, Haji delco said:

Well you cannot be eligible for 3 year marriage citizenship earlier than 90 before the 3 year anniversary since you received the GC. Whereas with the 5 year rule, you are all ready so interviews are automatically in line to be scheduled and the first available slot in your local field office that is applicable you will be scheduled. Whereas with the 3 year rule once you apply within 90 days, if you are scheduled before the 3 year anniversary of your GC and you happen to go to the interview, you will be denied because you will need to be a GC holder for a minimum 3 year to the day you will be granted citizenship. 

Really! 
I don't think so, if they scheduled you an interview appointment they must not deny your case. But maybe they won't schedule you an interview appointment before you third GC anniversary date, I am not sure about that. 

I-485 (AOS)

04/01/2015 Sent Form I-485.

05/06/2015 Scheduled the interview and mailed its notice.

06/16/2015 The Post Office picked up mail containing the new card.

06/16/2015 The 2 years Green Card was mailed to me.

06/18/2015 The 2 years Green Card in hand.

I-751 (ROC)

03/13/2017 Sent I-751 documents to CSC.

03/14/2017 Package received.

03/16/2017 Check cashed.

03/??/2017  NOA received.

03/14/2017 NOA dated.

03/27/2017 Biometrics. "walked-in" 

02/26/2018 Case transferred to my local office.

05/01/2018 Case transferred to another office.

05/03/2018 Case transferred to another office. 

05/07/2018 Received letter in mail, my case was transferred to NBC. "Letter's date is 05/01/2018" 

06/05/2018 Received letter in mail, they will do an interview at the same time, date and location of my N-400 interview. "06/21/2018"

06/21/2018 The combo interview (with N-400 interview). But it's still pending until they send me the result of this interview.

06/27/2018 The case was approved, with the N-400 approval. 

06/30/2018 Received the approval letter in mail.

N-400 (Under 3 Years Rule)

04/02/2018 Applied for N-400 Online. (I-751 is still pending) 

04/02/2018 Received NOA Online (Received in mail on 4/03/18).

04/27/2018 Biometrics.

05/14/2018 Scheduled the N-400 interview.

06/21/2018 Interview's date.

Passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test.

But: A decision cannot be made yet about my application. The reason is my pending I-751 file! 

06/27/2018 The case was approved (with the I-751 approval), and placed me in line for oath ceremony.

07/09/2018 Oath Ceremony was scheduled.

07/20/2018 Oath Ceremony.

U.S. Citizen and proud! 

1 hour ago, Haji delco said:

I see your point, but also if you're applying based on the 5-year rule you're eligible to apply after 4 years and 9 months. So I don't know if that's the reason. I noticed tho that on average, people with older green card dates or people who didn't file 90 days early (whether based on the 3 or 5 year rule) tend to get their interviews faster. So I am thinking that maybe they give priority to those who already passed their 3 or 5 year benchmark when it comes to scheduling interviews when they're backlogged? I can't say for sure

3 hours ago, MahUSA said:

I see your point, but also if you're applying based on the 5-year rule you're eligible to apply after 4 years and 9 months. So I don't know if that's the reason. I noticed tho that on average, people with older green card dates or people who didn't file 90 days early (whether based on the 3 or 5 year rule) tend to get their interviews faster. So I am thinking that maybe they give priority to those who already passed their 3 or 5 year benchmark when it comes to scheduling interviews when they're backlogged? I can't say for sure

They give priority to people who are past the 3rd or 5th anniversary. I wouldn't say priority is the right word, but they are more likely to schedule quicker for interview because they can't schedule you for interview before the 3rd year or 5th year card anniversary. So say youre over 5 years, had your card from 2011 for instance, when you apply you don't need to wait the 90 days and if the field office isn't busy you will get scheduled, security checks allowing.  I have also noticed that if the field office is not too busy and you have passed the security checks, then about a month before your 3 year or 5 year anniversary, you will receive notice of an interview. Obviously, there are a couple of variables, 1, length of time you have had your conditional GC or such, 2, field office processing times and 3. Security checks.   People ask about these are they relevant, well yes, someone recently wrote they have been stuck in security checks for a year or so.

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

6 minutes ago, shell20 said:

They give priority to people who are past the 3rd or 5th anniversary. I wouldn't say priority is the right word, but they are more likely to schedule quicker for interview because they can't schedule you for interview before the 3rd year or 5th year card anniversary. So say youre over 5 years, had your card from 2011 for instance, when you apply you don't need to wait the 90 days and if the field office isn't busy you will get scheduled, security checks allowing.  I have also noticed that if the field office is not too busy and you have passed the security checks, then about a month before your 3 year or 5 year anniversary, you will receive notice of an interview. Obviously, there are a couple of variables, 1, length of time you have had your conditional GC or such, 2, field office processing times and 3. Security checks.   People ask about these are they relevant, well yes, someone recently wrote they have been stuck in security checks for a year or so.

You can't have your interview before your 3rd or 5th GC anniversary? I always thought that's the case with only the oath ceremony date since that's the day you officially become an American citizen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.