Thuy McRae

Lost I 751 Receipt of notice

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

My 2 years green card is expired and i already had biometric and fingerprint for my 10 years one. I will go back to my country  ( Vietnam ) next week but I don't have the I 751 Receipt notice which let me have 1 more extended year so I can travel outside the US and go back. They didn't give me the sticker in the back of my expired green card . Now I have only my 2 year green card  ( without the sticker ) and the form I 797C notice of action and the red seal they put on it . 

Is it ok for me to travel and go back with the expired green card and the form I 797C ? Or what should I do ?

Thank you . 

Why you do not have your extension letter?  When I went back to the Philippines I brought with me the Extension letter along with the Expired Green Card. Thanks

But when you sent in your ROC applications did they gave you the extension  or not? When my husband and I went to Mexico and the Philippines they all looked for my Extension letter and the expired GC they don't looked for my Biometric appointment. 

17 minutes ago, Thuy McRae said:

I got to the place for my fingerprint and they gave me back the Applicant information sheet and the I797c with the stamp to prove I already had fingerprint. But they did not give me the letter or sticker for the extended year. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here's a previous thread where a person had lost their extension letter for their green card. Sounds like you might want to hold off traveling back to Vietnam before getting a replacement letter or stamp. This process sounds like it's going to take some time. Good luck.

Marriage: 2014-02-23 - Colombia    ROC interview/completed: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
CR1 started : 2014-06-06           N400 started: 2018-04-24
CR1 completed/POE : 2015-07-13     N400 interview: 2018-08-16 - Albuquerque
ROC started : 2017-04-14 CSC     Oath ceremony: 2018-09-24 – Santa Fe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.