kimberlysim

Medical questionnaire (Hospitalisation) KNIGHTSBRIDGE

40 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, kimberlysim said:

He already got the flu shot. He had to get a tetanus shot and one other but I'm not sure which one. He still needed hepatitis a And b but there is a shortage. 

I am pretty sure that he doesnt need vaccination for hep a and b. 
They did ask me to have the flu shot actually but when I was actually going to have it they said they didnt have any and waived it. 

My fiance was hospitalized when he was 20 or 21 (he's 37 now) but it was from a work related accident basically he messed up his knee to the point of being unable to walk for about 8 weeks. He healed up just fine...never had any diseases of any sort. Does he need to get something special for his medical showing this?

I don't know how they do it over there but in America our medical professionals have access to any patient history as long as the patient consents to it...does this not apply there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, kimberlysim said:

He already got the flu shot. He had to get a tetanus shot and one other but I'm not sure which one. He still needed hepatitis a And b but there is a shortage. 

Is he a teenager? Did you look at the ages that require Hep jobs?

11 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Is he a teenager? Did you look at the ages that require Hep jobs?

yeah I did look at it but briefly- I gave it to him to take to his GP to get them. They are the ones that told him he needed the hep because he refused to get it when he was younger so he's never had it. whether or not he needs it is irrelevant though now because there aren't any available in the UK anyways.

14 hours ago, FlashLG said:

My medical summary from my GP was missing some information too, but it wasn't an issue when I had my medical at Knightsbridge. I had surgery for a broken leg and spent a few days in hospital as a result back in 2002, and this was missing from my record. I explained this to the person conducting my medical (as they could see the scars), and if I recall correctly I had also listed it on the form I had to complete prior, and everything was fine. 

The only slight problem I had was that a vaccination I'd had as a kid was missing from my records. Rather than me paying the full amount to have the vaccination there and then (as I was convinced I'd already had it when I was younger), I paid for them to include an additional test as part of my blood test so they could determine if I'd had the vaccination (turned out I had). 

The doctor conducting my medical said it was common for things to be missing from patient records, and blamed it on bits of paper going missing as the old paper records were migrated over to computer files within the NHS around 10/15 years ago.

so they allowed you to just explain then and didn't have to provide a letter from your GP or anything about the surgery? We found some notes about his surgery but we already need the GP to write a letter about the depression he suffered from years ago so we are going to ask for them to include the surgery as well...

12 hours ago, Brittani said:

My fiance was hospitalized when he was 20 or 21 (he's 37 now) but it was from a work related accident basically he messed up his knee to the point of being unable to walk for about 8 weeks. He healed up just fine...never had any diseases of any sort. Does he need to get something special for his medical showing this?

I don't know how they do it over there but in America our medical professionals have access to any patient history as long as the patient consents to it...does this not apply there?

he will have to get the patient summary from his GP which may or may not have that on there. He will have to say he was hospitalised for it (on his medical form) and if they have any notes about it bring those. I'm not 100% sure if he needs a letter as some people have just explained it to Knightsbridge and been fine.

I'm American so I don't really understand the patient history access etc but from what I know some people opted out of having their data put online years ago when they moved their records online. I think its the same here (in the UK) that if the patient consents then anyone can have access. However, we are really struggling with his GP about this all at the minute and I don't understand why but they are being really un cooperative- refusing to write a letter to explain his past depression, bells palsy episode and tonsillectomy and they have told him they (not just him) also have the right to refuse to disclose his medical records if Knightsbridge ask for them.  

8 hours ago, kimberlysim said:

so they allowed you to just explain then and didn't have to provide a letter from your GP or anything about the surgery? We found some notes about his surgery but we already need the GP to write a letter about the depression he suffered from years ago so we are going to ask for them to include the surgery as well...

Yep, I just explained what had happened and it was fine. There’s a form you fill out before you attend (or it might be the form they have you fill out when you arrive, I can’t remember). I included the information on there and then the doctor asked about it during my medical but it wasn’t an issue. 

From my conversation with the doctor, it sounded like it’s something they see a lot in the UK, where some parts of a persons medical records are missing. 

Edited by FlashLG

43 minutes ago, FlashLG said:

Yep, I just explained what had happened and it was fine. There’s a form you fill out before you attend (or it might be the form they have you fill out when you arrive, I can’t remember). I included the information on there and then the doctor asked about it during my medical but it wasn’t an issue. 

From my conversation with the doctor, it sounded like it’s something they see a lot in the UK, where some parts of a persons medical records are missing. 

My medical record in the UK showed that I´ve had three babies and a emergency C section...... It was fun to explain to the Knightsbridge doctor that I had never even been pregnant in my life  :lol:

You fill out a form before you come to the Knightsbridge clinic, you give it to the front desk. Then they give you another form that you fill out and give to the doctor. 

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lorna&Alex said:

hey!! Does anyone have a link to the questionnaire??

On the London page about the medical. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/medical-examination/

Expand "required documents" and there's a link given.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.