kimberlysim

Medical questionnaire (Hospitalisation) KNIGHTSBRIDGE

40 posts in this topic

I urgently need some advice on the medical form you need to fill out before your medical exam at knightsbridge London.

My husband (UK citizen immigrating to US) has his medical exam in a couple of weeks. We are struggling on what to say yes and no to on his medical form he has to fill out. It asks if he has been hospitalised- and he has because he had his tonsils removed when he was 16. He's spoken to his GP to get the health summary and they do not mention it anywhere but I'm worried that if he says no on the form when the GP looks in his throat and sees he has no tonsils they will want an explanation and ask why he lied on the form. If he ticks yes on the box to being hospitalised does he need his GP to write a letter about it or can he? His GP seems to have no records of this surgery anyways so how would he get a hold of this?

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Never, ever lie to anybody in immigration (including panel physicians). The penalty for misrepresentation is a permanent (yet waivable) bar.

Nobody on VJ can advise you to, or condone telling a, lie here...it's against the VJ TOS.

Just answer it honestly. Removed tonsils are absolutely not a reason to refuse the visa on medical grounds. They are looking for contagious diseases.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

13 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Never, ever lie to anybody in immigration (including panel physicians). The penalty for misrepresentation is a permanent (yet waivable) bar.

Nobody on VJ can advise you to, or condone telling a, lie here...it's against the VJ TOS.

Just answer it honestly. Removed tonsils are absolutely not a reason to refuse the visa on medical grounds. They are looking for contagious diseases.

Yes I understand no one can condone lying and I am not suggesting this either. I am telling my husband he has to tick yes but I have no idea how to get the records of his surgery...that's what I'm asking for advice on- how to get these records if his GP doesn't have them and if a letter from his is enough or we need files from the hospital etc.

I am from the US and don't have experience with the NHS (besides signing up to a GP and visiting them 3 times since I've lived here in the UK) so I don't know how any of this works...

Such routine procedures are very common. He must tick yes. I wouldn't worry that it's not on the summary. I had my medical in London but I grew up in Germany. I was hospitalized twice in Germany and there is mention on my NHS summary of only one incident (a very serious illness). The other incident was more routine. I was briefly asked what happened and that was that. You're worrying about nothing. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

how do we get a summary? all my consultations dating back to aug 2017 are online but it doesn't state why I went just when 

Edited by Andy davies

47 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

how do we get a summary? all my consultations dating back to aug 2017 are online but it doesn't state why I went just when 

So this is a new requirement from Knightsbridge (its not on the embassy website yet) but was in the confirmation email to my husband. You have to ask for a patient summary from your GP. They will then generate it and give it to you- they just emailed it to us. It will list any ongoing or major illnesses. However, with my husband's they put down his excema for an "ongoing" and "major illness" so I think we are going to have to pay his GP to write a letter stating his mediation, medication and on-going treatment for it...ridiculous but oh well

We got lucky finding a half decent copy his GP had of a surgery he had at 18 (tonsillectomy) but if not (and they may still ask us to) you have to request records from the NHS trust/hospital it was performed at. This is done by filling paperwork and mailing, paying the fee etc. however, it states it takes up to 40 days to receive the records so just be aware of this. We are hoping the scanned notes from his surgery will suffice as we don't have time to wait for official records from the hospital to come

Timeline
1 minute ago, kimberlysim said:

So this is a new requirement from Knightsbridge (its not on the embassy website yet) but was in the confirmation email to my husband. You have to ask for a patient summary from your GP. They will then generate it and give it to you- they just emailed it to us. It will list any ongoing or major illnesses. However, with my husband's they put down his excema for an "ongoing" and "major illness" so I think we are going to have to pay his GP to write a letter stating his mediation, medication and on-going treatment for it...ridiculous but oh well

We got lucky finding a half decent copy his GP had of a surgery he had at 18 (tonsillectomy) but if not (and they may still ask us to) you have to request records from the NHS trust/hospital it was performed at. This is done by filling paperwork and mailing, paying the fee etc. however, it states it takes up to 40 days to receive the records so just be aware of this. We are hoping the scanned notes from his surgery will suffice as we don't have time to wait for official records from the hospital to come

ok sweet, so I don't have any major illness listed on my forms. Well apart from in 2003 I had bells palsy but its not ongoing now obviously 15 years later. Ive never touch wood been the hospital for anything on NHS apart from the occasional school incident of hurting my leg or something so im guessing the GP summary should be fine. thanks for the info its good to know. Basically ill print off everything on patient access website  and see if its good enough haha

4 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

ok sweet, so I don't have any major illness listed on my forms. Well apart from in 2003 I had bells palsy but its not ongoing now obviously 15 years later. Ive never touch wood been the hospital for anything on NHS apart from the occasional school incident of hurting my leg or something so im guessing the GP summary should be fine. thanks for the info its good to know. Basically ill print off everything on patient access website  and see if its good enough haha

You shouldn't have any problems. Weird but my husband also had bells palsy years ago and it is not listed on his patient summary. I need to figure out if he would at all need any letter about it as I don't know if its a "major illness". I think its fine though as is.

Timeline
Just now, kimberlysim said:

You shouldn't have any problems. Weird but my husband also had bells palsy years ago and it is not listed on his patient summary. I need to figure out if he would at all need any letter about it as I don't know if its a "major illness". I think its fine though as is.

well mine lists it as a past issue, not current, also theres a wasp allergy on there lol from 1989! crazy!!!! I think you're fine for the bells palsy its not a major disease, its just a symptom some peeps get. So I would not worry too much. Im more worried about the syphllis as I had that a year ago but it got cleared up! lets see how it goes lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Andy davies said:

Basically ill print off everything on patient access website  and see if its good enough haha

Get the summary issued by your doctor's office.

Timeline
Just now, Wuozopo said:

Get the summary issued by your doctor's office.

ok will do, ill ask today after ive been for my TD booster. As its free in the NHS lol

2 hours ago, Andy davies said:

well mine lists it as a past issue, not current, also theres a wasp allergy on there lol from 1989! crazy!!!! I think you're fine for the bells palsy its not a major disease, its just a symptom some peeps get. So I would not worry too much. Im more worried about the syphllis as I had that a year ago but it got cleared up! lets see how it goes lol.

so did your patient summary list your past issues as well? His didn't- only ongoing.

You should be fine for syphilis though as I think the blood test they do at your medical is for that specifically? As long as you don't have it now. But since you'll obviously have to explain the syphilis from last year as its public health safety I think

Timeline
21 minutes ago, kimberlysim said:

so did your patient summary list your past issues as well? His didn't- only ongoing.

You should be fine for syphilis though as I think the blood test they do at your medical is for that specifically? As long as you don't have it now. But since you'll obviously have to explain the syphilis from last year as its public health safety I think

Oh yeah I have all my records in French Japanese and English to prove my treatments a and tests after . Hardest part is fighting for a flu shot! The uk is out of shots lol

Timeline
23 minutes ago, kimberlysim said:

My summary went back to 1989!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.