Mohammed1406

F1 Student Visa Cancel

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What and when was your 'old' F1 visa for?  What is the expiration date on your I20?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

4 minutes ago, canadian_wife said:

What and when was your 'old' F1 visa for?  What is the expiration date on your I20?

Good luck

My old student F1 visa will expire after one month and my I20 will expire in 2019. I applied for renew my visa but still AP so the 

question here can I use my old student F1 visa to go to the US ?

20 hours ago, Mohammed1406 said:

My old student F1 visa will expire after one month and my I20 will expire in 2019. I applied for renew my visa but still AP so the 

question here can I use my old student F1 visa to go to the US ?

You might be able to use the old visa to enter the US since it has not expired. But it will depend on whether they have already void the visa or not. Did they write on your visa?

You will find whether you will be able to use it once you check in for the airplane and the people from the airline run your passport. Then, you have to go through immigration as well. 

2 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

You might be able to use the old visa to enter the US since it has not expired. But it will depend on whether they have already void the visa or not. Did they write on your visa?

You will find whether you will be able to use it once you check in for the airplane and the people from the airline run your passport. Then, you have to go through immigration as well. 

No they did not write anything on my old visa so if the airline let me check in the immigration when I will arrive to the US will not say anything 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, CBP has the final say.  Even if the airline allows you to board, you must also pass through customs and immigration.  

Is your old F1 for the same school as your new F1?

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Mohammed1406 said:

any help please 

There is a real risk of being denied entry.  When your application was put into administrative processing, they would have refused it under 221g, as needing additional processing.  Immigration will see that refusal in their system at the Port of Entry.  Once you have been denied a visa in the same category as your old one, it usually means your existing visa in that category is invalid.  The theory is if you haven't qualified for the new F1, you no longer qualify for the remaining time on the old F1.  They need to make sure you clear the administrative processing issues before you are re-admitted into the US.  You may encounter an immigration officer who takes pity on you and let's you in --but you may not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.