23 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

This is how I feel, admin free to remove this post if it not suitable for this website. However, I just want to share how I feel. I know that some of the VJ members feel like they are superior enough because of the rank that they have. Something like "newbie, junior member, senior member, gold member, platinum member" until sometimes they forgot one thing. They forgot that they are started from newbie until what they are now. They forgot about all kind of "silly" question that they asked when they first started. They forgot how unknowledgeable they are when they first join this website and starting this journey. I'm not saying that every VJ member is like that. However, believe me, every time I saw a post on this site asking a question, there few "senior" members who be like nagging, complaining, and sometimes even classified the question "silly" or "stupid" question. Please, kindly respect others post. It is fine if let say OP asking for advise, and you feel like they are done a wrong thing and want to voice out your opinion or advise to them. However, please don't be too harsh.. Especially if the person who is asking the question is the newbie who just started this journey or who just curious whether what they are doing is right or wrong, who is just curious whether what they are facing is normal or not. Please... 

For example, when people were asking a question regarding guidance on the process. Instead of nagging and complaining a lot, it is much better if you can just reply by giving them a link to the guides. If people asking about they are submitting their petition in July, but still didn't get NOA2 yet and they at the same time asking whether it is normal to wait that long. Instead of expressing how annoyed you feel about the question, it is nicer and easier if you can just give a link to July Filer's forum and stated how long it takes now. 

I always believe that you make life easier for others, your life will be much easier too. You make other members journey easier, your journey will be easier too. I'm really sorry if this post offends some of the members. Good luck with your visa journey everyone! Have a great weekend ahead! :D

I could not agree more with you on this issue. But my biggest pet peeve with some new posters here is that they try to ask questions to work around the system or try to see if they are any consequences for knowingly committing fraud.

We all here on VJ know that being apart from family or your SO is hard and quite frankly it sucks to say the least, some more so than others due to the LONG wait times that they suffer. So by people trying to KNOWINGLY break the law to make the time go by faster or insulting someone because they don't get the answer that the person wants is insulting to say the least. The other minor pet peeve I have on this site is people supposedly posting about friend or family member, all the while further into the thread it turns out to be them. Why not just come out and say it's you, what is the harm in doing that?  That is the only thing that gets me about this site

Edited by cyberfx1024

6 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I could not agree more with you on this issue. But my biggest pet peeve with some new posters here is that they try to ask questions to work around the system or try to see if they are any consequences for knowingly committing fraud.

There have been more of these lately.  Questions about how to get away with visa fraud and even people asking us as strangers to to be a co-sponsor.  #######.  Sure, who here wouldn't want to give our financial information to a complete stranger because they dont have enough money to meet the minimum requirement?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I agree with @Perfect two 💑I personally never saw a senior member being super mean to newbies but I have seen some members purely venting their anger and frustration during their own "waiting game" with USCIS. For those members it would be better if they just kept their attitude to themselves bcs they are not helping.

I treat replies to ppl who obviously try to ask about shady stuff a different matter ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

I always believe that you make life easier for others, your life will be much easier too. You make other members journey easier, your journey will be easier too

I love this part <3

58 minutes ago, Marzena & Stephen said:

Even surpassing the newbie stage this website is not an easy website to use.

And that being said I'm very tech but getting through all the forums and the search engine etc can get complicated sometimes. 

I agree.  The search function works but there are so many people from so many countries from so many years...Than answers for the same question asked last year will be completely different this year.  Imagine searching how long the whole process takes and looking at a response from last year where it was 40 days from NOA1 to POE!  That information won't help the newbie this year.  

Raise your hand if you had seen a newbie respond to a 5 year old post!  I have...a few times.  This is a very fluid environment so we should be more understanding with the new questions.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Great points. It’s a good reminder that everyone is different. I, personally, read through soooooo many posts and ALL of the Consulate reviews for hubby’s country, and was able to see how things changed over the years. I’m sure I’ve asked some silly things, and I fully admit I’m an old cranky lady at this point 😂😂😂 I’m even guilty of arguing with another member during our processes because we were just both grump-butts that day. (I owe him a long-overdue apology). Ahhhhhh, humans. 

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I personaly learned what I needed from guide also tracking K1 forum from time to time to see what ppl struggle with.

But for someone who is superb new there is no way to know there are separate forums for May, July NOA1 etc... Forums is huuuuge ;)

And yup, some people coud just fill the timeline correctly to get estimated processing times etc. But not all are good with forums/internet/pages and some are just lazy ;) So it will be always an issue. Have a good weekend all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I’m unofficially recommending a “start here” questionnaire upon signing up that would then give the Members a “to-do” list of site directions 

😎

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Happytobe said:

I’m unofficially recommending a “start here” questionnaire upon signing up that would then give the Members a “to-do” list of site directions 

😎

Think this has been recommended before. As a lot have said because while the search option is great tool, naturally you find a lot of old and out dated posts that while informative, are not much actual help. 

I know I did read through a lot of really old posts when I first joined and it was very helpful; but not always up to date.

An "intro" type document or "start here" questionaire or guide could be useful. Again believe it has been brought up before, main thing is will people use it or just "jump into the forum"; but definately not a bad idea to look into again.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm a newbie and will be applying for K1

I've been reading a lot from this site and have been contemplating between hiring an attorney, some visa help/support site, 3/4th party support or compiling everything myself.  I do have to say, while reading some threads it has given me a lot of hope that I can do this myself.

Many of you Senior Members have given great responses!  But after reading this thread, I'm really hoping for that INTRO/START HERE guide.  As you've all mentioned, I'm seeing things anywhere from 2004-2017.  Some are still useful information (I'm hoping) but as I begin putting my packet together in the next few weeks.  I'm sure I'll be posting repeated questions but with that said, I plan to research on here and other locations as much as possible.

Again, the folks and senior members on this site who have shared specific scenario with us NEWBIES are very much appreciated and much of my own insecurities of this massive process have been lifted slightly..!  Thanks in advance!

I agree that it's unfortunate that some people feel the need to shame people for asking questions they think are too obvious.  No one has to comment on any given post.  Why not just move on and find one you think is more interesting or challenging?