Ayoub

Big age gap couples

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello family, hope you'r doing good and good luck for every one☺

I just wanna know if in the interview the CO will look at our big age gap as a probleme ! We have 20 years of difference and she is the petitioner, but we are so happy and we love each other a lot. Well we have some important evidences that can help me.

-We know each other one year before she came to Morocco 

-whene she came she stayed with me one yaer in Morocco 

-she brought her son (6 years old now)

-it was my decision for her to go back to USA because i love this boy and i dont want him to miss school.

-we have a lot of conversations saved and pics with family celebrating Hallydays (moroccan Hallydays chrismas, thanks giving, our son birthday...)

I hope you help me with more informations so i can have a big idea about this day. I miss them so much we even cried in the airoport...i'm just praying to God every day to make things easy for us and help her get things right back in the USA with job and house. she just left tuesday ! And good luck for evrybody ☺

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ayoub said:

Hello family, hope you'r doing good and good luck for every one☺

I just wanna know if in the interview the CO will look at our big age gap as a probleme ! We have 20 years of difference and she is the petitioner, but we are so happy and we love each other a lot. Well we have some important evidences that can help me.

-We know each other one year before she came to Morocco 

-whene she came she stayed with me one yaer in Morocco 

-she brought her son (6 years old now)

-it was my decision for her to go back to USA because i love this boy and i dont want him to miss school.

-we have a lot of conversations saved and pics with family celebrating Hallydays (moroccan Hallydays chrismas, thanks giving, our son birthday...)

I hope you help me with more informations so i can have a big idea about this day. I miss them so much we even cried in the airoport...i'm just praying to God every day to make things easy for us and help her get things right back in the USA with job and house. she just left tuesday ! And good luck for evrybody ☺

Your age difference is a red flag which get a lot of attention, but it will be among many factors when the CO considers your case.  Time spent together is very important along with other things like co-mingled lives, finances, etc.  Morocco is a difficult country from which to get a visa.  It is not impossible, but prepare to spend a lot of time "making your case"......Good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes, the Casablanca consulate will consider and likely ask you about the age difference. 

Did she only visit you in Morocco once? You say she stayed with you for 1 year along with her young son, how was she able to afford this? What did the son's father think of the child being in Morocco for 1 year? Is she going to be sponsoring you financially? These are just some examples of what the CO may ask you.

The evidence you have (1 year of living together) may help you, but Casablanca is a tough consulate, so expect some difficult questions about your relationship. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, missileman said:

Your age difference is a red flag which get a lot of attention, but it will be among many factors when the CO considers your case.  Time spent together is very important along with other things like co-mingled lives, finances, etc.  Morocco is a difficult country from which to get a visa.  It is not impossible, but prepare to spend a lot of time "making your case"......Good luck.

Thank you friend, that's what im doing now so to be ready to any question that may makes stressed or surprise me. I know i have important evidences but still working on how to express myself on fron of the CO is very important i know im gonna have a hard interview but im gonna pray to God and work for it and believe in our love...thank you so much for making time for my topic 👍🏼

Timeline
27 minutes ago, RJandHamid said:

Yes, the Casablanca consulate will consider and likely ask you about the age difference. 

Did she only visit you in Morocco once? You say she stayed with you for 1 year along with her young son, how was she able to afford this? What did the son's father think of the child being in Morocco for 1 year? Is she going to be sponsoring you financially? These are just some examples of what the CO may ask you.

The evidence you have (1 year of living together) may help you, but Casablanca is a tough consulate, so expect some difficult questions about your relationship. 

She visit me one time geting just the coming flight without geting the one of coming back to USA so she stayed with me one year. She became resident in Morocco and the only reason for her to go back to USA is our Son he needs to ne in school it's very important.  So she just left 3 days ago. 

About the biologic father, he doesnt even care he doesnt ask about the son and the boy also doesnt know about him since my wife left him whene she was pregnant. So for him im his father now. He loves me so much we play every day i have so many pics as evidences showing love sharing and being happy.

My wife is an veteran (ex millitary) so she doesnt have any probleme to saty in Morocco for one year because she gets a check (24000$) that help her to pay her car over there in USA, pay her insurances...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The only thing I see that is unusual is that she stayed with you for a year.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

The only thing I see that is unusual is that she stayed with you for a year.

You mean it's a good thing or is a bad thing ?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

If she was there a year, did you get married while she was there? You have a lot better chance being married with CR1 instead of K1

Yes we got married here in Morocco. We had tried with the K1 visa but we didnt know that the mean condition for it to be approved is to be at least seen one time during the 2 lats years before applying. But it was a big mistake trought an attorney who jusy want to take our money and it was denied. And then my wife decide to come to Morocco and get married then aply for the CR1 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Ayoub said:

Yes we got married here in Morocco. We had tried with the K1 visa but we didnt know that the mean condition for it to be approved is to be at least seen one time during the 2 lats years before applying. But it was a big mistake trought an attorney who jusy want to take our money and it was denied. And then my wife decide to come to Morocco and get married then aply for the CR1 

Your age difference will be difficult to overcome but it's a positive thing that she was there for so long with her son. 

Good luck

Edited by EandH0904

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

Your age difference will be difficult to overcome but it's a positive thing that she was there for so long with her son. 

Good luck

Thank you for your attention my friend. We already applied trought an attorney in USA (the Attorney is from my wife's family) on may 2017 whene she was her in Morocco. the approval of the I-130 will be in the near future God welling. Im just looking for more informations to be ready for the interview 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Ayoub said:

You mean it's a good thing or is a bad thing ?

Good thing

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Progress Reports to Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

2 hours ago, Ayoub said:

Thank you friend, that's what im doing now so to be ready to any question that may makes stressed or surprise me. I know i have important evidences but still working on how to express myself on fron of the CO is very important i know im gonna have a hard interview but im gonna pray to God and work for it and believe in our love...thank you so much for making time for my topic 👍🏼

The easiest and the best way is to be TRUTHFUL NO MATTER WHAT. The CO can see through the BS if there is any at all. So don't worry and just be truthful during the interview, and by doing this you should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.